• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012: Grounds for Visa Refusal/denial

Agree with sm1smom. The field officer's manual is very clear that such a circumstance means disqualification. Either you were told a false story or he presented false documents.

Incidentally if such a case were approved, if USCIS ever figure it out - whatever happened - they can still strip him of his green card. There is proviso that if they discover false info etc on the application they can do that, and I believe this applies even if they have become citizens.

Technically you can't be stripped of your citizenship if they find fraud in your application. However, they can (and do) revoke your naturalization. It is as if you've never been a citizen. This is similar in principle to marriage annulment, as opposed to divorce.

This incident happened on DV2014, the interview took place couple of months ago (low case number), he asked my advise before sending forms to KCC, i told him that he should continue as a single, then he was advised by some experts to include the family which he did.

This incident happened on DV2014, the interview took place couple of months ago (low case number), he asked my advise before sending forms to KCC, i told him that he should continue as a single, then he was advised by some experts to include the family which he did.

And your reason for advising him to lie was....?

Your friend is extremely lucky. And may yet prove to be unlucky should someone at USCIS wise up to this. I am personally aware of people who have been refused for leaving stepchildren off, never mind their own family members. I would not advise anyone to try this route.

Personally i didn't expect them to pass the interview, but i guess they were very lucky to be granted the visa, they're already in the US. My opinion was that he should've ignored his family members since he didn't include them on his original entry.

Personally i didn't expect them to pass the interview, but i guess they were very lucky to be granted the visa, they're already in the US. My opinion was that he should've ignored his family members since he didn't include them on his original entry.

Just as an FYI. A lottery entry is one thing. You can be disqualified for a visa using false information but there are no longer term consequences otherwise. When you actually make an application for an immigrant visa ie sending your DS forms, that is something else entirely. When you sign a DS form with a major intentional falsehood - like stating you are single when you are not - that is classed as immigration fraud and will earn you a lifetime ban from entering the US. Good thing he didn't listen to you...

You mean if you give false information on the initial entry that will not cause any problem.

You mean if you give false information on the initial entry that will not cause any problem.

Other than being denied a visa, not as far as I understand. The DS forms are the ones which state false info is subject to bans on entry etc.