• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Australia Winners - Post Here

Howdy, chaps! Managed to be selected for the further processing. All this is exciting! I'm living over in England at the moment but have selected my interview to be in Sydney. Will me selecting there cause any trouble? I can't imagine so. I'll be flying back to Perth sometime in early October and I'm wondering if my interview may come up earlier? It's a 300 hundred number.

Tee-hee, this is all exciting. Also I'm curious about mentioning that I have an American girlfriend (who lives over there). Should I mention that at the interview or, like at immigration in the States, keep it under wraps.

Congrats everyone else!

I'm a Kiwi winner too! But living in London. Case number in the 1100s. I was making plans to move to Sydney (leaving London end of August) when I found out I was successful. Put all my plans on hold as someone told me I had a low case number. After doing a LOT more reading of forums and websites (why doesn't the official website make it obvious!?) I've come to the conclusion I am likely to get an interview around May (based on the 2011 interviews). I cannot do another winter in London, so I'm going ahead with the Sydney move, will request my interview to be changed to there (sent my forms off two days ago and they were signed for 2 hours ago!) and make the decision if/when I'm successful. Not sure if this is the best idea (it may be a really hard decision in 10 months time!?). But I can't stay here in limbo for 10 months. Really wish I had a low case number so I could just go from London to New York!!

Deaky - interviews don't start until 1st October so you should be fine - does depend how long you stay for though!? In 2010 case numbers up to 350 were called in October.

Ah, amazing. I'm coming back on the 4th of October! Four years to the day since I left our fair country! I guess I'm staying for as long as it takes for the interview process to come about.

A fear I have is police checks and not being able to get them. My old man (ex-cop) said that all state police checks are now Federal Police checks? Will I also need to get county police checks as well? I've lived in Surrey and Cheshire. Or is there a UK-based check I might be able to get? Google might be handy for this :p

THE UK checks are easy when you are still in the country. google acpo police certificate (it won't let me paste the link here), or there is a link from the London US embassy website

I'm finding it damn near impossible to get an NZ one in the UK - I have to contact the US Embassy to request a form authorising them to get it from the NZ Police. They only have an 0900 number (which costs at least £1.40 a minute), I can't call an 0900 number from work. Tried calling at 8am from home, got thru various options only to be told by an automated voice they had a very high volume of calls and to try later. Disconnected just after 2 minutes! Maybe it will be easier to get that when I'm back in NZ for Christmas...

Heh, cheers! Seems it's a bit of a pain to get a Canadian clearance... with fingerprints needed to be taken. Gracious. Nevertheless I shall comply!

Seems a bit cheap of the Kiwi government to be that cheeky though!

No that's the US embassy charging it! I can't even find a phone number for the Sydney one. They really don't want people calling them!

sw8pea76 - the Sydney Consulate doesn't have a phone number to use but I always found them pretty helpful and prompt via email. I won't mention the fact that they lost/misplaced our NZ police clearances sometime between receiving them from NZ and our interview though....Good luck with everything - your case number sounds very close to our 2010 one :)

...have a question about Oceania case numbers...if a case number is in the 1000's is that a high case number for the region?

...have a question about Oceania case numbers...if a case number is in the 1000's is that a high case number for the region?

Looking back at previous Visa Bulletins you can see that Oceania normally gets into the 1000s, in some years almost to 2000. So I guess it's a fairly high case number... but not necessarily something to worry about :)

Hi all.

Been selected! :) Sent off all the paperwork straight away . Our case numer is 9XX and from I've seen on 2011 & 2010 visa bulletins we'll probably have our interview April next year. So now we're waiting.. I've been trying to squeeze every bit of info online about what happens once you've been selected and realised it only makes me more anxious.. I'll just put together all the paper work required and try not to think too hard and deep. Been wanting to move to the US for quite sometime now and this was our first try. Still finding it hard to believe :)
All the best to you all..
E

Congratulations Tigermoth!

The wait is most definitely the hardest thing but it's all worth it in the end. :)

Congratulations Tigermoth!

The wait is most definitely the hardest thing but it's all worth it in the end. :)

Thanks so much Zootfish :)

In a way I'm relieved that the interview will be in/around April. There's a whole lot of paper work we need to do. (eg. I need police reports from 3 different countries (which I know will take some time) and my husband needs to apply for this thing (and get it before the interview) called a 'visa screen' because he's in medical field and that can take easily up to 4 months etc etc.

I see you're in Denver. That's one of the 3 places we've considered :)

I'm reading all these comments about emigration and finding a job and etc ..its sounds everything is peach and merry ..I mean is anyone actually read papers and watch tv ...USA IS ON LIFE SUPPORT MACHINE ..ECONOMY IS A BUST ...average waiting for the job is about a year at least ..I MEAN ..ARE YOU REALLY THAT DESPERATE TO COME OVER TO US AND BEG ON THE STREET ????

you do know that all the big money is on the sidelines at the moment. Why should individual investors test the waters first and take a chance with 401k money. Cash in and put the money in a bank, preferabley a swiss bank after you convert to Swiss Francs.

Hi All

I've been using the forum over the last few days for information, so thought I should join in! First, congrats to those who have been selected and commiserations to those of you who suffered the first round issues.

I checked my entry in May when it originally opened and neither myself or my husband were accepted. Last Friday I checked the website to see when the entry period was open for this year and noticed that the checking dates had changed from May to July. At this stage I had no idea that the original draw had been invalidated, I just assumed I'd had the date wrong in the first instance. I'd thrown away the print-out of our confirmation numbers, but tracked them down in an email I'd sent to my husband. I checked them again and I'd been selected in the second round. It was certainly the last thing in the world I expect so I was rather shocked to say the least, though hubby probably more so than me! Our number is in the low 1200s, so based on past years I'm guessing the interview won't be until the middle of next year. If it wasn't for this website I wouldn't even know what a visa bulletin is! I'm trying to do as much research as I can and this website has been invaluable.

We're going to send the forms off in the next few days so it's going to be a long waiting game. I'm in the UK, but from Aus, so I'm getting worried about police checks and what not. Thankfully I have my original Senior Certificate with me in the UK, so that's one less thing to worry about. We won't have an affidavit of support so I guess we best start saving. Has anyone who has been through the process had any issue not having this?

I know it's still not a given that we will get the green card, but it's exciting none the less!

I just started a thread with the same title as this one before realizing this one already existed.

tigermoth: My rank number is also in the 900s and I guess that means that I will be interviewed around April as well, if what your stating about previous years trends are correct. I am annoyed as I went too fast and have already applied for our police records and now they maybe more than 6 months old by the interview date. I hope its earlier than April. Where will you interview? We will be going to the Sydney consulate.

Don't you love all the dodgy "I just got married" posts popping up! ...one less GC for an honest man I suppose!

I just started a thread with the same title as this one before realizing this one already existed.

tigermoth: My rank number is also in the 900s and I guess that means that I will be interviewed around April as well, if what your stating about previous years trends are correct. I am annoyed as I went too fast and have already applied for our police records and now they maybe more than 6 months old by the interview date. I hope its earlier than April. Where will you interview? We will be going to the Sydney consulate.

Hi tevolo,
We've put down Canberra as our prefered embassy for the interview. We're in NSW but closer to Canberra than Sydney. Once you get you interview date/place you get your meds done in that town I believe. Though there's only one approved med in Canebrra still it's less hassle for us with two little kids.
From what I've heard you'd be fine with a police clearance up to 12 months-old. but it might be a good idea to check with someone. I doubt the interview would be too much earlier than April, maybe March. Also I've asked in a different thread but havent received an answer yet. I've lived in 3 different states. Do I apply for a separate report from each of the states or just get a federal one? do you know?