• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Australia Winners - Post Here

We've put down Canberra as our prefered embassy for the interview. We're in NSW but closer to Canberra than Sydney.
I doubt that this is correct. The website of the US embassy in Canberra states "Note: All immigrant visa applications in Australia are processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney, regardless of where in Australia the applicant resides. The Embassy in Canberra and the Consulates General in Perth and Melbourne do not process immigrant or fiancé(e) visa applications, although the Consulates in Perth and Melbourne can accept I-130 petitions for filing if certain residency requirements are met."

Once you get you interview date/place you get your meds done in that town I believe.
This is not correct either. You can have your medicals done at any of the doctors specified by the Consulate. The list of approved doctors are found here.

I've lived in 3 different states. Do I apply for a separate report from each of the states or just get a federal one? do you know?
The consulate accept police checks issued by both the AFP and the State Police. They don't mind which one you give them. It is your choice which one you want to do. You only have to have a police check for the state you currently reside in, not for each state that you have ever lived in.

Superkruz & Aussiedudette. Thanks so much for the info. Looks like 'Sydney , here we come!' :)

Superkruz, on the selectee info website when you get to the 3rd page it gives you the list of documents you need and when you click on the + sign next to the police record, it opens up additional info and there was a table there which explained when the applicants needed a police certificate. From what I've read in there I got the impression that I needed one from ever state I've ever lived in Aussie. It's kinda confusing but regardless I'll just get a federal check. thanks for clarifying that.

Oh and I've just noticed. In form DSP-122 question four it says : "Name of US Consular office where you would like to process your application" but then we sort of didn't read the the rest of the question (shame shame *) and just put down Canberra. they might actually think that's where we live. hmmm what to do? sould we just call'em up to correct that or just leave it as it is since the only place in Aussie it can be done is Sydney?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Just posting in thread for subscription.
Expecting to be current around April and just emailed KCC for receipt notification. My understanding is there will be no notification otherwise until shortly before the interview invitation - please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks
schr

2012OC000009XX
07/15/11 Checked results
07/21/11 Sent forms to KCC
07/28/11 DHL delivery confirmation

slow moving!

looks like numbers this year are moving much slower than previous though asia is moving faster...boo!!!

Hi All,

Sorry I have 1 more question;

If I apply for the diversity visa, and am successful - if I were to not use it, ie. not move to the US within the required period of time, would this have any bearing on future DV lottery applications (or any other visa type applications) I might make in the future?

Congrats

Congrats to everyone who was selected this year!

Just want to say that from my own personal experience moving to the States has been amazing. I'm living in NYC and loving every minute of it. I hope you guys enjoy it just as much as I am!

PM me if there's anything I can do to help you with the big move because I know it can be daunting.

Just want to say that from my own personal experience moving to the States has been amazing. I'm living in NYC and loving every minute of it. I hope you guys enjoy it just as much as I am!

PM me if there's anything I can do to help you with the big move because I know it can be daunting.

Thanks for your postive post. It lifts us up after all the bad publicity the US has been getting on this Forum..:cool:

Thanks so much for posting! It's great to read everyone's posts as they wait for their number to come up, their interviews if they do etc, but then we don't hear from the folks who move over. Glad to hear everything is working out for you. How are you finding the job market?

Q

Elrotciv, glad to see another NYC local!!

Myself, wife and our little one also moved over in June, and are loving our new life here.

Had a job lined up beforehand which made it easier, finding an apartment is fun though :).

Love the restaurants, central park and the city in general; plenty keep us entertained.

For those contemplating the move, despite the naysayers add another success story to the list for my part.

ajk

Hi AJK

Thank you for your post! I have seen your previous posts along with the other Aussies who went through the process last year. I'm an Aussie (hubby's Canadian). We moved back to Aust (Melb) a couple of years ago (from CA) and this is my first try at the lottery. We miss so much in CA, and since hubby still has work connections there, it made sense to try for the lottery. I suppose it is too early to answer but how did/are you dealing with missing family? As an empty-nester I will be leaving my brood back in Aust, so I am always interested in how folks tell their families and how that works out?

Mind you...mine pretty much know we want to return :)

All the best...I guess it's getting chilly now!

Q

Hey guys,

How long before you get notification after you have sent in your forms?

I send in the forms in July and was notified that my number would be reviewed in November. So currently I am awaiting my next notification letter with my interview date.

So basically if you number is up for review in November, how long after will you receive your letter with interview date?

Thanks guys.

Adam.

I'm sure I have read previously that some people contacted KCC directly to find out, and sometimes were told before the info arrived. Perhaps give them a call? Or an email? :)

Q

Hey guys,

How long before you get notification after you have sent in your forms?

I send in the forms in July and was notified that my number would be reviewed in November. So currently I am awaiting my next notification letter with my interview date.

So basically if you number is up for review in November, how long after will you receive your letter with interview date?

Thanks guys.

Adam.

You won't receive any letter. Just go on to the status verification website (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/), and enter your information there...just the same way you found out that you won. If you are current, your letter will pop up, otherwise, you will see the old letter confirmating your selection.

You won't receive any letter. Just go on to the status verification website , and enter your information there...just the same way you found out that you won. If you are current, your letter will pop up, otherwise, you will see the old letter confirmating your selection.

Hi Samusoni,

I already have been selected for further processing. I've sent off my forms, and now I am waiting for the date of interview to be scheduled. The link you sent is to check if you got through the first round to be processed further, which I have been.

And based on my case number, the KCC said I would be up for review in November. As it's November now, I was wondering how long before they notify you of your interview date once your case is due to be reviewed.

Adam.

Hi Samusoni,

I already have been selected for further processing. I've sent off my forms, and now I am waiting for the date of interview to be scheduled. The link you sent is to check if you got through the first round to be processed further, which I have been.

And based on my case number, the KCC said I would be up for review in November. As it's November now, I was wondering how long before they notify you of your interview date once your case is due to be reviewed.

Adam.

The same link that you used to check your winning notification is the same being used to send appointment letters online if only an interview appointment has been scheduled for your case number. Also kindly update your signature so that we can be in a better position to deliberate on this issue.

Hi Samusoni,

Adam.
If KCC told you that your case is up for review in November, then you may have missed your interview date. Go to the status check link I gave above, enter your information as I stated earlier. If you still see the selection letter, then it means your case is not yet up for review, you need to wait until the next bulletin issue and check again. You can only get the interview date through the status check link, no additional letters will be mailed to you.

Hi Samusoni,

Adam.

You will receive an email from noreply@state.gov with the subject heading: Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission. You click on the link provided in the email and key in your 16 digit CN with your name and DOB to get all the details of your interview. You will not get this notification if your number is not yet current. You should go through the previous years' visa bulletins to get an idea of when your number should be current as the numbering follows a pattern.