• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Hi guys, the Lord has done wonders. when things seemed bleak,He opened a ray of light to shine. My case was processed on 1st of October and now I have received my visa.I called them yesterday to ask for my passport back and i was surprised to hear what i was told. that they got clearance from the state dept on the night of 30th september to issue the visa. The Lord is amazingly wonderful.Thank u all for ur words of encouragement. Anyway there are some things which they have mentioned on the paper which i'm supposed to hand over at the port of entry which are not in order. I changed the name of my host on the letter i gave the CO during the interview butthey have only mentioned the name of the person i replaced as my host. Do u think this will affect my port of entry?

Mjamaa
Do you remember what I said last week?I said what God has planned no man will take away and I told you that your visa is with you. I had faith that your visa was there. Even from the 3 phone calls that I made to you, I insisted and told you that you have your visa. I went down on my knees and asked God to do a miracle in this case and He has done it.
This is one proof to me that God answers prayers.

Njamaa do u remember dis post of urs?

Hi guys, thanks for ur concern though the result is a negative one. I tried all i could do by inquiring about my case. However, the reply which i used to get is that they were still waiting for clearance from the State department for them to proceed with my case. I do not understand what kind of clearance it was(may be anyone who knows can tell me coz i begged them to let me know it but they refused, citing security reasons). I made a call to the consulate in the morning and a lady whom i spoke with just told me my case had reached a dead end and there's nothing they could do about it. all she said was for me to apply afresh. she told me to call at 4pm which i did but the reply was the same, that they r yet to get clearance from the State Dept. Finally I called KCC but they told me they dont have anything to do with the matter as the consulate is responsible for answering my queries. That's how it was. I'm down but not out, will try again next time . My advice for those who are yet to attend their interviews is that in case u have been slotted to do an interview in the last month of the fiscal year, u better ask for the preponement of ur date so that u can have enough time in case ur case is taken for Admin processing.It's 3 weeks since i was placed there but nothing positive has come out of it. all in all i thank u guys for ur concern and prayers

Now tell me whose report would u beliv?
Is only God dat can change our negativity into positivity.

Olseh ur faith in mjamaa's case was like no oda.

Mjamaa
I still believe that you will have the visa to US. What is yours is yours and no one will take it away. God knows why you had to spend that amount of money and undergo the painful process. I still have faith that you are an American permenent resident. Let`s wait until your passport comes next week. I still have faith, I still have faith.I prayed for you and will continue to pray for you.

mjamaa God has proven to u dat he has the final say.

Miracles and answered prayers

Mjamaa,

This has been the highlight of my day. Amazing what God can do. Yaani......so happy. Congrats on the success. (hip hip hurray!!).

As for the issues that need correction, I'm pretty sure none of us has any experience on such matters, and after this miracle, everything has to be on point. I suggest you PM Ammeck since now he has internet and he can ask the Department of State maybe even personally? huko what you should do coz there might be a provision for you to rectify these details as you're handing in your papers at your POE.

Congrats again, this has made my day. :D

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Had already posted this then came across some post from Ammeck on the 2010 Ghanaian thread :
About the address, I changed mine at the POE and my GC was mailed to my new address. I applied for SS number with the new address and had it posted to my current address. So basically the address can be changed at the point of entry.

Guess that answers your question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mjamaa do u remember dis post?

Hello mjamaa, i want to encourage u not to loose hope and trust in God, He has been in the bisness of miracle and He stil is, He is the only one that breaks all human records and laws, so why do we beliv so much dat its over?His ways are not ours, some disappointment are blessing, so if u ever encounter any, i, profesy dat they shall all be a blessing to d glory of His name. I still beliv God 4 a miracle. God bless u.

Mjamaa dis is a post i made concerning ur case on the 2nd of oct. The God i spoke about, has broken dat law dat says all dv 2010 processing ends on the last day of sept. And 4 ur sake, He will do more. Just give all the glory to Him alone, 4 His glory, He will share with no man. Thank God 4 u.

Hi guys, the Lord has done wonders. when things seemed bleak,He opened a ray of light to shine. My case was processed on 1st of October and now I have received my visa.I called them yesterday to ask for my passport back and i was surprised to hear what i was told. that they got clearance from the state dept on the night of 30th september to issue the visa. The Lord is amazingly wonderful.Thank u all for ur words of encouragement. Anyway there are some things which they have mentioned on the paper which i'm supposed to hand over at the port of entry which are not in order. I changed the name of my host on the letter i gave the CO during the interview butthey have only mentioned the name of the person i replaced as my host. Do u think this will affect my port of entry?

Our God is a living God! In fact, I'm dumbfounded by the turn of events. To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle. This is truly the work of God and it portrays that what God has ordained no man can put asunder. We have to give thanks to the almighty God for this great miracle.

Do not worry about your host address because if He can do great things in your life, this is something small for Him. You can change at the Point of Entry (POE). I changed mine and did not encountered any problem. Tell the officer who will process your documents that you want to change your address and he/she will gladly do it for you. Give the name of the person who lives in the new address and provide the full address. Don't forget to add 'care of' (c/o)

And about your current address, you don't need it for anything now so just forget about it.

Hi guys, it's good to acknowledge the grace and mercies of God towards us. I thank you all for having such a tendency coz it shows that we understand our finiteness while extolling the Lord's greatness. He has done a miracle unto me, which i believe should serve as an anchor to anyone who may find himself in turbulent waters of life in the future. The whole episode reminds me of the case of Lazarus, when Jesus raised him from the dead. To his sisters, the body had been buried 4 days and Christ was late; but to the Lifegiver that was no deterrent. Only the stoned needed to be rolled away for the man to walk out alive. A lesson for me here is that we need to trust the Lord's might even if the seconds are tickling away and yet we do not seem to see any ray of hope. Anyway, to those who are yet to attend their interviews I wish u all the best, put ur documents in order and plan to do ur interview as early as possible coz u never know how long it may take to be in Admin processing. In short this is to avoid unnecessary anxiety.

Who is this man God?

Hi guys, it's good to acknowledge the grace and mercies of God towards us. I thank you all for having such a tendency coz it shows that we understand our finiteness while extolling the Lord's greatness. He has done a miracle unto me, which i believe should serve as an anchor to anyone who may find himself in turbulent waters of life in the future. The whole episode reminds me of the case of Lazarus, when Jesus raised him from the dead. To his sisters, the body had been buried 4 days and Christ was late; but to the Lifegiver that was no deterrent. Only the stoned needed to be rolled away for the man to walk out alive. A lesson for me here is that we need to trust the Lord's might even if the seconds are tickling away and yet we do not seem to see any ray of hope. Anyway, to those who are yet to attend their interviews I wish u all the best, put ur documents in order and plan to do ur interview as early as possible coz u never know how long it may take to be in Admin processing. In short this is to avoid unnecessary anxiety.

Oh God? Your ways are indeed mysterious! You listened to our earnest petitions, and WILL always do. Truly, You're the Omnipotent and the impregnable, who takes turbulence over all authorities, and they genuflect before u. What kind of God is this, who knew us from our mother's womb what we would become? Lord of Hosts, creator of peace and disaster. Hahahahaha! Mjamaa, give incessant thanks to the Most High, He deserves them. Peace! Benniit

I'm having some more queries here concerning one's stay in the US upon landing: upon arrival is it possible for one to stay at a different address from the one stated in the form i.e host's address? in brief, my host's address is in California but I would like to stay with a different person in NC state, in a city which will probably be my POE. Is it compulsory that the host should be a LPR? I would like to know if there will be any technicality in this matter. what i'm planning to do is give the immigration officials at the POE the address where to send my GC i.e the one in CA but stay in NC. Any advice on this matter will be highly appreciated.

I'm having some more queries here concerning one's stay in the US upon landing: upon arrival is it possible for one to stay at a different address from the one stated in the form i.e host's address? in brief, my host's address is in California but I would like to stay with a different person in NC state, in a city which will probably be my POE. Is it compulsory that the host should be a LPR? I would like to know if there will be any technicality in this matter. what i'm planning to do is give the immigration officials at the POE the address where to send my GC i.e the one in CA but stay in NC. Any advice on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Once in the US, the immigration officials are not concerned with where you will stay. What they need is where to send your GC. You can do that but just that it will delay the issuance of your GC because of the inter-state transfers.

Once in the US, the immigration officials are not concerned with where you will stay. What they need is where to send your GC. You can do that but just that it will delay the issuance of your GC because of the inter-state transfers.

Fine Ammeck, i'll see what to do. Anyway I'm thinking of landing in CA and clear with them then move to NC after getting the necessary docs.i feel this will be a bit easy to go by.

Hi everyone,

Nsiah7 from the Ghanian thread had a successful interview yesterday. As long as u r prepared and your documents are in order, its pretty easy to sail thru the interview. Also, i wud encourage evryone to keep visiting the Ghanian thread, Its quite resourceful.

Hi Mjamaa, congratulations on your achievement. Today is my first time of visiting this Kenya's tread but I have spent time reading the whole twist and turns you had gone through to this stage, we thank God for that. We (wife & I) had a similar experience after our consular interview. I'm saying a "similar" because, the only thing which differs is that you gave up too early. We picked our visas on the 1st of Oct. Let me give you a summary of the whole show, maybe one day it will be beneficial to someone.

MY first sponsor who agreed to provide me with all the necessary documents for the interview, disappointed me at the 11th hour without any apparent reason. The interview date was 7th Sept and it was barely 2 weeks to the date, yet without a sponsor. By God's grace, I manage to find another sponsor and when he had finished putting all the documents together he decided that posting them might cause another delay. Coincidentally,there was somebody he knows who was coming to Ghana within that week so he gave the documents to him to be given to us but the documents didn't get to us. It was less than 2 days to the interview, yet no documents. And my wife even advised me to boycott the whole idea of this immigration stuff but I didn't give up! And God being so good the sponsor made photocopies of all the documents he earlier sent through the other guy so he quickly hurried to JFK airport in New York with the photocopies and at this time gave them to a lady he didn't even know, who was coming to Ghana with Delta airline. So I had the documents few hours to the interview.

The interview was successful and was given a date to pick up the visa. Here again another drama: On the given date I got there but they didn't give me the visas, rather I was asked to come with my wife again for further interrogation. We appeared again and after questioning my wife they told us to go back home, when they are ready they will call us. It was 29th Sept,yet no call. I posted some of these experience on the Ghanaian tread. Some how, I was disturbed but deep inside me I was still confident that God will do everything for me. Lo and behold, the call came exactly 14:14 GMT on the 30th of Sept, which is the last day that I should come to the embassy the next day for my documents. They didn't even tell me that it was the visa but I was still confident in the LORD.

So what I want to tell you and everyone who reads this message is that, we serve a living God. So if you say you'll trust Him, pls trust Him fully to the last limit of your breath and He will never disappoint you in any way. It is a fact that you cannot always have what you want because sometimes the will of God wouldn't allow that to happen in your life but even that, you still need to trust Him to the latter. I'm happy that you've learnt something by saying "A lesson for me here is that we need to trust the Lord's might even if the seconds are tickling away and yet we do not seem to see any ray of hope."

Let me mention it over here, I like the spirit of Oliseh so much. This is the fighting spirit everyone needs to have in life. Because success will not always come the way you want it, sometimes it will come in a hard way. For instance, if I had given up my fight for a sponsor as my wife said, God wouldn't have come into my rescue in any way. And this testimony too wouldn't have come. So everyone out there, keep on praying and trust God in whatever you do and it shall surely be well with your soul.

Thank you to all and to Mjamaa, congrats once again.

Hi Mjamaa, congratulations on your achievement. Today is my first time of visiting this Kenya's tread but I have spent time reading the whole twist and turns you had gone through to this stage, we thank God for that. We (wife & I) had a similar experience after our consular interview. I'm saying a "similar" because, the only thing which differs is that you gave up too early. We picked our visas on the 1st of Oct. Let me give you a summary of the whole show, maybe one day it will beneficial to someone.

MY first sponsor who agreed to provide me with all the necessary documents for the interview, disappointed me at the 11th hour without any apparent reason. The interview date was 7th Sept and it was barely 2 weeks to the date, yet without a sponsor. By God's grace, I manage to find another sponsor and when he had finished putting all the documents together he decided that posting them might cause another delay. Coincidentally,there was somebody he knows who was coming to Ghana within that week so he gave the documents to him to be given to us but the documents didn't get to us. It was less than 2 days to the interview, yet no documents. And my wife even advised me to boycott the whole idea of this immigration stuff but I didn't give up! And God being so good the sponsor made photocopies of all the documents he earlier sent through the other guy so he quickly hurried to JFK airport in New York with the photocopies and at this time gave them to a lady he didn't even know who was coming to Ghana with Delta airline. So I had the documents few hours to the interview.

The interview was successful and was given a date to pick up the visa. Here again another drama: On the given date I got there but they didn't give me the visas, rather I was asked to come with my wife again for further interrogation. We appeared again and after questioning my wife they told us to go back home, when they are ready they will call us. It was 29th Sept,yet no call. I posted some of these experience on the Ghanaian tread. Some how, I was disturbed but deep inside me I was still confident that God will do everything for me. Lo and behold, the call came exactly 14:14 GMT on the 30th of Sept, which is the last day that I should come to the embassy the next day for my documents. They didn't even tell me that it was the visa but I was still confident in the LORD.

So what I want to tell you and everyone who reads this message is that, we serve a living God. So if you say you'll trust Him, pls trust Him fully to the last limit of your breath and He will never disappoint you in any way. It is a fact that you cannot always have what you want because sometimes the will of God wouldn't allow that to happen in your life but even that, you still need to trust Him to the latter. I'm happy that you've learnt something by saying "A lesson for me here is that we need to trust the Lord's might even if the seconds are tickling away and yet we do not seem to see any ray of hope."

Let me mention it over here, I like the spirit of Oliseh so much. This is the fighting spirit everyone needs to have in life. Because success will not always come the way you want it, sometimes it will come in a hard way. For instance, if I had given up my fight for a sponsor, God wouldn't have come into my rescue in any way. And this testimony too wouldn't have come. So everyone out there, keep on praying and trust God in whatever you do and it shall surely be well with your soul.

Thank you to all and to Mjamaa, congrats once again.

Hi Immano, I'm very grateful for the kind of testimony that you have given here because it's nearly similar to mine the way you have said. It has made me to see my weakness also. Actually I called the Consulate on that day (30th September) in the morning, the lady whom I spoke to just told me that chances were slim for my case to be processed. She told me to call and hear from them in the evening at 4pm which I did without fail, this time round we only spoke for around 15 seconds in which she reminded me to forget about the whole issue and start afresh by applying for the fiscal year 2012. Those words made me know my fate was sealed. She further said my passport will be sent to me within 7 days. Little did i know that the state department cleared my case to be processed. Since I was concerned about my passport whereabouts I made a call to the consulate on 5th October in order to ask them when it will be sent to me,that's when i heard something that made me not believe my ears. I was connected to another lady who told me my case was cleared on the night of 30th and that my passport with visa was sent to the courier office on 1st October. I contacted the courier office which confirmed the same. I went and picked it on 6th October. This made me know that when situations seem bleak to the human eyes and understanding, to God nothing is impossible. He still works wonders in our times the way He did in old times. He is the same God who divided the Jordan river for the children of Israel to cross.
I cannot finish before thanking our brother Oliseh for his words of encouragement when i was somehow perplexed by the turn of events. The way you have said, his undying spirit is necessary in a case like this. we need to emulate that spirit of optimism which fights on till the last moment. I also thank Ammeck and other friends whose words of advice enabled me to chart my way as i was preparing for the interview. Without them I couldn't have got the idea on how to approach the interview. Your testimony is of much help to other selectees, i hope they will go thru it then cultivate hope in their hearts which will succor them in their struggle ahead. Thanks for ur compliments, all the best

Hi Immano, I'm very grateful for the kind of testimony that you have given here because it's nearly similar to mine the way you have said.

Good Day Mjamaa,
I've nearly missed the part of our stories that I have been waiting all this while. I've been missing since returning from London to Ghana due to some very pressing issues. All the same a big congrats to you on the last minute success. I actually felt something within me then but I decided to pray quietely over it. It'll be nice if we can talk. PM me your no and I'll call. Stay blessed.

Hi Immano, I'm very grateful for the kind of testimony that you have given here because it's nearly similar to mine the way you have said.

Good Day Mjamaa,
I've nearly missed the part of our stories that I have been waiting all this while. I've been missing since returning from London to Ghana due to some very pressing issues. All the same a big congrats to you on the last minute success. I actually felt something within me then but I decided to pray quietely over it. It'll be nice if we can talk. PM me your no and I'll call. Stay blessed.

Donkay, all praise to God, the Creator of heaven and earth. trusting Him all day long is the antidote against despair for He hears the petitions of His children. Hoping to hear from u.bye

Hi guys,i arrived safely in the US last week on Thursday. I thank the Almighty God for making it a reality. i wish all who r waiting for their interviews the best.