• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Hi Donkay, i e-mailed the US Consulate today as they had told me last week to do so after a week. I was told that they r waiting for the clearance from the State Dept, and that I should contact them again next week. I have opted to do so on monday. Have u got ur visa?

Okay we'll continue remembering you in prayers. My PP was delivered on monday. Best Regards.

Okay we'll continue remembering you in prayers. My PP was delivered on monday. Best Regards.
Hi, it's nice to hear that u have it already. let me see what will happen within these 4 working days here. i have tomorrow and monday to wednesday of next week to know what lies ahead. hoping for the best

Hi, it's nice to hear that u have it already. let me see what will happen within these 4 working days here. i have tomorrow and monday to wednesday of next week to know what lies ahead. hoping for the best

Mjamaa
Im sure you will get your passport with Visa on Monday 27th.
Could you please send me your phone number in private. We need to talk abit.

Hi Becks,
With regard to the interview, the CO asked us to swear the oath after whic she reconfirmed the adress where we were to stay, she also reconfirmed that I had a masters degree and adviced my wife to take her state nursing exams immediately. As I said it was more of a conversation.
The docs requested are as below:
Birth certs (for the four of us)+ copies
Police certs (from Ghana and London for two of us) +copies
Educational certs (just for me) + copies
marriage cert (+ 2 copies)
evidence of support (i-134, tax returns for three years and letter from sponsors employers)
our personal bank statements

I had my interview in London years ago (yes I still keep coming back to this forum every now and again !!!) and just to confirm what DonKay said, the interview is more or a conversation. We were there early too, our number was called first, our interview lasted all of about 5 minutes. My wife was also adviced to take her Teaching Credential soon as she could (she was teaching in London). That was pretty much it. Got our visas in the post the next day.

Any news? Waiting with bated breath.... this is the closest it has been. Praying, praying, praying.

Any news? Waiting with bated breath.... this is the closest it has been. Praying, praying, praying.

Mjamaa we are waiting an prayin for you..........i et you are bugging the consular with as many callz as possible....we are waiting for your success story

Hi guys, thanks for ur concern though the result is a negative one. I tried all i could do by inquiring about my case. However, the reply which i used to get is that they were still waiting for clearance from the State department for them to proceed with my case. I do not understand what kind of clearance it was(may be anyone who knows can tell me coz i begged them to let me know it but they refused, citing security reasons). I made a call to the consulate in the morning and a lady whom i spoke with just told me my case had reached a dead end and there's nothing they could do about it. all she said was for me to apply afresh. she told me to call at 4pm which i did but the reply was the same, that they r yet to get clearance from the State Dept. Finally I called KCC but they told me they dont have anything to do with the matter as the consulate is responsible for answering my queries. That's how it was. I'm down but not out, will try again next time . My advice for those who are yet to attend their interviews is that in case u have been slotted to do an interview in the last month of the fiscal year, u better ask for the preponement of ur date so that u can have enough time in case ur case is taken for Admin processing.It's 3 weeks since i was placed there but nothing positive has come out of it. all in all i thank u guys for ur concern and prayers

Hi guys, thanks for ur concern though the result is a negative one. I tried all i could do by inquiring about my case. However, the reply which i used to get is that they were still waiting for clearance from the State department for them to proceed with my case. I do not understand what kind of clearance it was(may be anyone who knows can tell me coz i begged them to let me know it but they refused, citing security reasons). I made a call to the consulate in the morning and a lady whom i spoke with just told me my case had reached a dead end and there's nothing they could do about it. all she said was for me to apply afresh. she told me to call at 4pm which i did but the reply was the same, that they r yet to get clearance from the State Dept. Finally I called KCC but they told me they dont have anything to do with the matter as the consulate is responsible for answering my queries. That's how it was. I'm down but not out, will try again next time . My advice for those who are yet to attend their interviews is that in case u have been slotted to do an interview in the last month of the fiscal year, u better ask for the preponement of ur date so that u can have enough time in case ur case is taken for Admin processing.It's 3 weeks since i was placed there but nothing positive has come out of it. all in all i thank u guys for ur concern and prayers

mjamaa, I like the courage you have shown to come here to brief us about the dead end to your visa application despite today's events. It's not everyone who can muster that courage to even sit in front of a computer to type.

In fact, I'm saddened by the turn of events and the consulate refusal to grant you the visa but what I can say at the moment is that US or no US life must go on. Whatever you are doing, handle it well and the good Lord will richly bless you more. We all don't know what the future holds, if it's God's wish that you have to move to the US to fulfill your dreams, it will surely come to pass. Don't give up, give a try to the coming one.

Mjamma, God has his own plans for all of us. I am sure what just happened is for the best of u and ur family. Not going to the US at this point in time is definitely for some good reasons that u are yet to see. I wish u all the best wherever u are.

It's not over until it's over

Just have faith in the Lord, He knows what's good for us, and that's not the end of the road for u. There are greater avenues waiting for u. Peace! Benniit

mjamaa, I like the courage you have shown to come here to brief us about the dead end to your visa application despite today's events. It's not everyone who can muster that courage to even sit in front of a computer to type.

In fact, I'm saddened by the turn of events and the consulate refusal to grant you the visa but what I can say at the moment is that US or no US life must go on. Whatever you are doing, handle it well and the good Lord will richly bless you more. We all don't know what the future holds, if it's God's wish that you have to move to the US to fulfill your dreams, it will surely come to pass. Don't give up, give a try to the coming one.

I could not possibly agree more with Ammeck, I can only imagine how you feel right now. Thanks for coming back to the forum to share with us what happened. I highly suspect though that the State Department are the guys who delayed the whole thing because according to their website:

Administrative Processing Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

The consulate unfortunately have a September deadline to work with, and sadly they cant postpone it.

I'm extremely saddened by the turn of events, and give yourself time to get over it, but come 2nd of October, you'll be at the dv2012 portal, right? I'll cross my fingers, toes, eyes etc... :) that you'll get it, and screw Delhi, you're welcome back to do your interview in Nairobi. In the meantime, friends and family will get you through it. I'll say a prayer for you.

Hi forumites, I'm grateful for ur words of encouragement. As Ammeck has said, life must continue. So long as God lends us breathe and good health we have nothing to worry coz as the wise man once said ' the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill;but time and chance happens to them all'. It's now time to dust myself up and take another course. All the best as you wait for ur day, be cautious and ready with ur implements. For those who have crossed the river, dont forget to look back and guide those who are yet to cross.

Hi guys, thanks for ur concern though the result is a negative one. I tried all i could do by inquiring about my case. However, the reply which i used to get is that they were still waiting for clearance from the State department for them to proceed with my case.

Hello Mjamaa,
We will have been very happy if you had been granted the visa. But there is no need to be sad by the turn of events. God's time is the best. The reasons why you have to be where you are now will be manifested with time. We will keep on praying for you that bigger and better opportunities come your way in the future. And continue with the courage that you have exhibitedso far. Stay blessed.

mjamaa, i like the courage you have shown to come here to brief us about the dead end to your visa application despite today's events. It's not everyone who can muster that courage to even sit in front of a computer to type.

In fact, i'm saddened by the turn of events and the consulate refusal to grant you the visa but what i can say at the moment is that us or no us life must go on. Whatever you are doing, handle it well and the good lord will richly bless you more. We all don't know what the future holds, if it's god's wish that you have to move to the us to fulfill your dreams, it will surely come to pass. Don't give up, give a try to the coming one.

well said my brother.............................................there is always a next time in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi forumites, I'm grateful for ur words of encouragement. As Ammeck has said, life must continue. So long as God lends us breathe and good health we have nothing to worry coz as the wise man once said ' the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill;but time and chance happens to them all'. It's now time to dust myself up and take another course. All the best as you wait for ur day, be cautious and ready with ur implements. For those who have crossed the river, dont forget to look back and guide those who are yet to cross.

Mjamaa
I still believe that you will have the visa to US. What is yours is yours and no one will take it away. God knows why you had to spend that amount of money and undergo the painful process. I still have faith that you are an American permenent resident. Let`s wait until your passport comes next week. I still have faith, I still have faith.I prayed for you and will continue to pray for you.

Mjamaa
I still believe that you will have the visa to US. What is yours is yours and no one will take it away. God knows why you had to spend that amount of money and undergo the painful process. I still have faith that you are an American permenent resident. Let`s wait until your passport comes next week. I still have faith, I still have faith.I prayed for you and will continue to pray for you.

I buttress you, bro. God bless you! Peace! Benniit