• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Police Clearance Question

For a lottery winner who just arrived in the US and won the lottery within a year, will police clearance be required?

Yes, MSC stands for Missouri Service Center.It is now known as National Benefit Center.A case number should be of 13 chracters i.e.

MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Jugnu786 said:
Yes, MSC stands for Missouri Service Center.It is now known as National Benefit Center.A case number should be of 13 chracters i.e.

MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,
Is that where all the lottery I-485 applications are sent to. Is it from here that it will be transfered to the local offices?

This is correct.Chicago lock box office receive cases and process a receipt notice on behalf of NBC(MSC).Once case is ready MSC ship it to local office for interview etc.

Jugnu

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Guys,

On 11/18/06 my online status changed from a short statement to a long one.However, the resultant remain the same with no change in LUD.

Old One:On October 17 your FP fee was accepted and the processing on your case has been resumed.

New One:Current Status: Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending.

On October 17, 2006, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Your case is now pending. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am not sure if that changes anything but thought of sharing it with you all.

Jugnu

Strange I still have the same notice as yours except my date is October 12. It still hasn't been update and I'm at the exact same stage as you.

I was talking to a friend who used to check up on his online status and said that 2 years ago it was working well. Here there seems to be some bug in the system because that part of the processing is well done and it should have updated for everyone by now...

You shouldn't take online updates seriously. Mine was updated only after the interview.

As I mentioned, a friend was telling me that it worked very well 2 years ago but it appears that it is no longer working.

Diversity Visa Fee - $375?

Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230 : $335.00
Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge for immigrant visa application (per person applying as a result of the lottery program): $375.00
Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00

Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864 : $70.00

So is the fee to the Dept. of State $375 or $375 plus $45.00

Biometrics

Can i push my appointment for biometrics to a later date? Please help if you have any idea? And when you are a derivative, do you have to have the same code for the biometrics. E.g can have a code 2 whiles my husband have a code 3?

Spiicy,

Yes you can change your Biometrics appointment but...if your number is current already they will not schedule you for an interview without the FP results. And...you'll have to actually go to your office to change it (although it may be different where you are), in which case you may as well have it done there and then. The CODE for the derivative applicant should be the same. The CODE varies depending on whether it's for I-485 or for EAD etc.

Barbara

InfoPass at Memphis Office

Hi Guys,

We went for an infopass today to Memphis Sub Office.My main concern was to check if my name check has been clear.The officer was very nice,she said my wife's got cleared on 11/02 and mine is pending.She added we are aware of DV cases time senstivity and mine clearance might come in about two weeks.In response to my question she said the background check was initiated on 10/26/06,the date we had our FP's done.

I also asked her abt our file present location she said that is in MSC and once my clearance will come they will notify us about the interview and ship the file to their office.She added they normally ship DV cases overnight.

I only wish my name check was clear otherwise very positive experience with immigration officer at Memphis Office.

Thanks Jugnu! I guess I am in the same situation as you. I was just wondering, if they told you that your case is still in MSC (I guess main too), why did I get that second FP notice from my local ISC?..
I called FBI and asked about my FP. Lady said FP were processed and sent to USISC. So it does not mean they were cleared???

hopefully they will clear our FP soon.

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Guys,

We went for an infopass today to Memphis Sub Office.My main concern was to check if my name check has been clear.The officer was very nice,she said my wife's got cleared on 11/02 and mine is pending.She added we are aware of DV cases time senstivity and mine clearance might come in about two weeks.In response to my question she said the background check was initiated on 10/26/06,the date we had our FP's done.

I also asked her abt our file present location she said that is in MSC and once my clearance will come they will notify us about the interview and ship the file to their office.She added they normally ship DV cases overnight.

I only wish my name check was clear otherwise very positive experience with immigration officer at Memphis Office.

what code did you and your wife have? was it the same or you had different codes?

Hi Spiicy,

Do you mean FP codes? then it was FP3.

Hi Vinipux,

Yes,the officer told me my case will be at MSC until my background check is clear.She also told me we will get interview letter from MSC and local office will conduct interview and process approval.

When she tols me my background checks are not clear yet,I added FP were cleared as I called FBI(I acted like I dont know if FP clearance and Security clearance is the same thing).The officer also verified abt.my FP clearance and explained they are different process etc....you know all that!!!

oh, I see! I didn't know that FP clearance and security clearance are different processes.
But still, as I understand, my local office comes to play only after security clearance. That FP notification from them is still confusing me.

thanks again for info.