• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Another question :)
Some people don't wait until their fingerprint appointment day and just go ahead and do it. Is it an appropriate thing to do?

I'm glad, Jugnu786, that you finally got it!

Hi Vinipux,

Yes,I'm happy abt checks being cashed atleast!!!

Doing FP before the appointment date is possible,however,it really depends on a ASC or DO...How busy they are,how they treat people etc.One can always call and ask I guess!!!Once you get FP notice ask them if they will take you as walk in for FP.

AOS Package Assembly

Hi All,

I wanted to share this with everyone....it might help!!!

AOS Package Assembly:

-Cover Letter(addressing Memphis local office/NBC,MO)
-I-485 with 2 Pics & Personal Check clipped on top
-G325A
-Sealed Medicals

Evidence of Eligibility (Plain Paper and the following documents)

-DV winning notification with Bar Code Page
-High School Diploma with translation
-Copies of the Passport
-KCC letter abt.Intent to do AOS
-DV Fee receipt paid to DOS for two

Evidence of Non Immigrant Status (Bold on a white plain paper)

-Copy of Valid US Visa
-Copy of I-94
-Approved I-129( for H1B only)
-Copies of Passports with Previous US Visa's

Evidence of Financial Support (Bold on a white Plain Paper)

-Affidavit of Support I-134
-Recent Paystubs
-Employment Letter
-Copy of Approved I-140 ( just for our case to make it more stronger)

Miscellaneous Credentials (Bold on a white plain paper)

-Copy of BS degree
-US experience certificates
-Other professional certifications

FYI: All above supporting documents were copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any DV2007 Winner AOS with Interview Date?

Is there any DV2007 winner going the AOS route and has been sent a letter for interview?

Hi maraba,

It normally takes two weeks for FBI to send name check back to USCIS and statistically 80% falls in that time frame.Once NBC will receive this clearance information they will ship your case to your local office and then your local office will schedule an interview!!!

This process normally takes quite sometime assuming everything going smooth.

Good Luck!!!

bao bao said:
Hi vk96,

I need some advices from you as I noted that you were on F1 visa then when you are selected for DV.

Current I am in Boston under F1 visa (Student) and am contemplating between CP and AOS.

My Case Number: 2007AS000059XX

I am comfortable flying back to where I am from, if necessary, to sit for the interview.

My questions are

1) Base on statistics, approx. when will I be called for the interview? (I read through the information.. and are pretty confused ). If I am not wrong, in April 2007?

2) Which route will be faster? CP or AOS?

Appreciate any advices which I am able to obtain. Looking forward to them.

Bao Bao
2007AS000059XX
Bao bao,
My case number for DV-2007 is 2007AS 000006xxx. I am also near boston area. I am contemplating the same issue right now. I can't decide if I should go for CP or AOS. Currently, I an here in F-1 status. CP is take 2-3 weeks at the most whereas AOS can take anywhere from 2 to 6 months and if the status is not adjusted by sept 30, 2007 we lose the DV-2007 qualification. The risk with CP is that if you get rejected for DV, you can't re-renter US under F1 status.

If you havew any question/comment please feel free to email me.

LUD after FP Taken

Hello guys,

Is there an LUD after FP(code 3) being taken or just wait for security checks and then expect a third notice for interview.Please comment...

Hi guys,the below insert is from adjudicators manual....

(5) Procedure for Ordering a Visa Number from the Department of State. Visa numbers are requested by USCIS offices directly from the Visa Control Office of the Department of State. The request is only to be made after:

• The applicant has been interviewed and found to be eligible for adjustment of status (or, for cases adjudicated at a service center, simply found to be eligible for adjustment of status); and

• The requestor has verified that the current visa bulletin indicates that a visa number is available for the country and classification involved, and that the current bulletin has not been superseded by an advisory from the Visa Control Office.

The Department of State has guaranteed to USCIS that so long as the current visa bulletin and any superseding advisories indicate that a number is available, a number will be assigned.

There are currently two different procedures for ordering visa numbers from the Department of State: by fax and through IVAMS.

(A) Ordering by Fax. Offices can order a visa number by sending a fax listing the applicant's country of chargeability, preference classification symbol, priority date, and A-number to the Visa Control Office. While visa numbers can be requested at any time, the Visa Control Office can only respond during normal business hours. A sample fax format is contained in Appendix 23-7.

(B) Ordering Through IVAMS (formerly known as INSAMS). The Immigrant Visa Allocation Management System (IVAMS) was deployed to all USCIS Field Offices in 2002. Offices using IVAMS are given a special card which (when passed through a reader) allows them direct Internet access into the Visa Control Office's computer system. The visa number is requested on-line and issued instantaneously. Unlike the fax system, IVAMS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. IVAMS is now the primary means to order visa numbers. The fax option is used as a backup.

Interview Date Set

I went to the local USCIS today and asked about my case. I was told the letters have not gone out yet but the Interview is set for Dec 5.

Question:
The Officer said I need to get my original birthday certifcate or a letter from native GOV saying I don't have one. I need help in deciding what to do here.

Hi Maraba,

This is great news!!!

Please let us know

-Your local USCIS Office

-Did you ask immigration officer(information officer) if your security check has been clear,in particular name check?

Regarding your birth certificate,it seems you did not submit one with the case.If that is the case then you need one.

In case you dont have a birth certificate and it is hard to get from your local officials that many years after the actual birth.The law has a provision and in that case please do the following things;

-A document stating from your father and mother seperately about your birth was not registered at the time of birth...these documents must be signed by some local officials...in my case it was signed by the local civil goverment justice.

Some folks also take that type of document on an affidavit(paid court document in India/Pakistan).I have also read people getting that type of letter from someone who is not relative but he/she aware of your time and place of birth.

Please explore this forum,there is lot of info available abt birth certificate.

Hope this helps!!!

I did not ask about the name check because I assumed that was clear that is the reason they are sceduling an interview. At least from information I gathered so far from the forum

I submited my old passport first issued '91 and copy of old drivers licences

Do you think they could deny VISA based on birth certificate when I have other documents stating the obvious?

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Maraba,

This is great news!!!

Please let us know

-Your local USCIS Office

-Did you ask immigration officer(information officer) if your security check has been clear,in particular name check?

Regarding your birth certificate,it seems you did not submit one with the case.If that is the case then you need one.

In case you dont have a birth certificate and it is hard to get from your local officials that many years after the actual birth.The law has a provision and in that case please do the following things;

-A document stating from your father and mother seperately about your birth was not registered at the time of birth...these documents must be signed by some local officials...in my case it was signed by the local civil goverment justice.

Some folks also take that type of document on an affidavit(paid court document in India/Pakistan).I have also read people getting that type of letter from someone who is not relative but he/she aware of your time and place of birth.

Please explore this forum,there is lot of info available abt birth certificate.

Hope this helps!!!

Hi below text is the copy from I-485 form instructions:

Initial Evidence.
You must file your application with the following evidence:
Submit a copy of your foreign birth certificate or otherrecord of your birth that meets the provisions ofsecondary evidence found in Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations(CFR),103.2 (b)(2).

You need to provide some other evidence why you were not registered at the time of birth etc.I doubt they will consider an old passport and DL's for that matter of fact.

Can you give me a URL link that I can read the details on your suggestion?

Do you think my mum doing a declaration of non-existence of my birth records will suffice?

This is really a had thing if one is not on ground @ home.

Jugnu786 said:
Hi below text is the copy from I-485 form instructions:

Initial Evidence.
You must file your application with the following evidence:
Submit a copy of your foreign birth certificate or otherrecord of your birth that meets the provisions ofsecondary evidence found in Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations(CFR),103.2 (b)(2).

You need to provide some other evidence why you were not registered at the time of birth etc.I doubt they will consider an old passport and DL's for that matter of fact.

Hi Maraba,

Below are the guide lines you need to follow to fullfill birth certificate requirements;

Birth certificates

Obtain the original, or certified copy, of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21).

The certificate must contain the:
Person’s date of birth
Person’s place of birth
Names of both parents, and
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Unobtainable birth certificates

Your birth record may not be obtainable. Some reasons are listed below.
Your birth was never officially recorded.
Your birth records have been destroyed.
The appropriate government authority will not issue one.
Please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your birth record is not available. With the certified statement you must submit secondary evidence. For example:
A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth and both parent’s names providing the baptism took place shortly after birth
An adoption decree for an adopted child, or
An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant’s mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parent’s names, and the mother’s maiden name.
Note : An affidavit must be executed before an official authorized to take oaths or affirmations. Information regarding the procedures for obtaining birth certificates is usually available from the embassy or consulate of the country concerned.

Jugnu

Medicals

Hello everybody,

This is a wonderful forum to discuss and my number is 2007AF0001XXXX. I have submitted my forms and have received confirmation from KCC for an AOS.
I had a question on medicals. The requirements seems to be detailed and shouild i start the process very early as i don't have a written copy of immunizations taken.Could somebody help me out on the time it takes.

Thank you,
Tiny

Hi Tiny,

I would suggest you to call your local civil surgeon and find out abt the time and cost for required vaccination.Here is the link what you need...

http://faq.visapro.com/Immigration-Medical-Exams-FAQ4.asp#Q5

Another suggestion can some doctor from your country fax/e-mail of his her letter pad that you were vaccinated for such n such...this will save you lot of time and money and that kind of proof is normally acceptable by immigration doctors here.In my case I did not have vaccination record but our family doctor verified the record and put that info on his pad and I was fine.

Hope this helps!!!

Hi guys,

I just called FBI for FP checks.It took just one minute and the lady was very polite.She just asked me ,A, number and names for both of us.She said our FP were processed and clear on 10/26/06.We had our FP taken on 10/26/06 as well.

If you would like to check then call 304 625 2000 after transfer via operator choose option 3.

It is not necessary to check I just wanted to share just in case!!!!

Hi Vinipux,

No there is no LUD since they issue FP notification.Most folks on other threads got no LUD after FP3.

Jugnu