• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Jugnu786

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

By now I guess most of us have made up their minds to do AOS or CP.I would like to call all of you to share your experience and planning at this point about doing AOS.

I am personally planning to pay dv fee in late August and had a medical date set for early September.My local office will be Memphis,TN.

Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HI buddy,

I'm also a winner of DV 2007 and will be apply from Memphis, TN, I saw couple of your post before and I notice that you contact the Immigration officer; did you get any idea how they process the DV case, they will give the prority for dv or just the regular schedule. How is the GC load in Memphis local office?

Keep in touch buddy, my email address is npaudel@iseclabs.com.

Thanks
Neel

Hi Neel,

I visited Memphis district office in April.However,the answer I got were pretty standard.The information officer(not immigration)told me that they do process DV AOS cases differently and I should not be worried abt the processing dates published online for Memphis Office.I also wanted to confirm if one can mail application before October 1st subject to very low number and expected to be current at October 1st but she said no, we have to wait until the fiscal year starts.

-One has to mail application when the priority dates becomes current.

-Just watch DOS visa bulletin in order to estimate when your case will be current.

-Memphis office is way behind and they are dealing early 2005 still but as officer said they deal DV cases differently.

Keep me posted as well!!!

deadline to KCC and some others questions

Hello guys,
anybody have idea by when you should send back DSP122 to KCC if you apply for AOS?

in the DV NL form they says take your packet to your local INS for instructions and eligibility, do we really need to go and ask them?

Thanks,

m1rahim

m1rahim said:
Hello guys,
anybody have idea by when you should send back DSP122 to KCC if you apply for AOS?

in the DV NL form they says take your packet to your local INS for instructions and eligibility, do we really need to go and ask them?

Thanks,

m1rahim

No, you don't need to go to the local USCIS office. When I got the package I called them to ask about my eligibility. Because I was legally on F1 and never violated my status I was eligible to apply for the AOS.

m1rahim said:
Hello guys,

Thanks,

m1rahim
You should send your DSP-122 back to KCC as soon as possible. Then you have to pay the fee for $375, and keep the receipt for your interview.

For your eligibility, you can go to your local District Office, you can call CIS, or you can find out on-line. Basically, the main requirement for AOS is that you are in legal status when applying.

Hi guys, I got my medical check last week and am getting ready for filling out the forms (my number will be available in October). Did any of you take a look at the forms? If yes, could you please advice on filling out the following:
1) I-485, Part 2, Application type: option a or h?
2) I-765, Q16: What eligibility category did you pick?
3) G-325A, question - This form is submitted in connection with application for a) Naturalization, b) Status as permanent resident, c)other. Which one did you choose?
Thanks a lot. :)

Hi Starak,

I-485 Option h and put DV2007 winner and case number.
G325A,I would go for C and put Pending I-485...not positive though!!

Someone plz response to Starak questions and they will be helpful for all of us.

Anahit said:
You should send your DSP-122 back to KCC as soon as possible. Then you have to pay the fee for $375, and keep the receipt for your interview.

Should we keep the $375 receipt for the interview or is it better to send it or a copy with the I-485 application? I haven't paid yet, so I'm wondering when I should send that payment. My interview could be many months from now, so I'd rather wait a couple of months before paying that...

Hi Henry,

I would suggest to mail the fee and get receipt before mailing I-485.A well prepared I-485 application is better and easy for an immigration officer to review and process etc.

I'm mailing my fee tomorrow on 08/30/06.

starak said:
Hi guys, I got my medical check last week and am getting ready for filling out the forms (my number will be available in October). Did any of you take a look at the forms? If yes, could you please advice on filling out the following:
1) I-485, Part 2, Application type: option a or h?
2) I-765, Q16: What eligibility category did you pick?
3) G-325A, question - This form is submitted in connection with application for a) Naturalization, b) Status as permanent resident, c)other. Which one did you choose?
Thanks a lot. :)
1) h - DV-2007 winner, case number-XXX
2) (c)(9) - I-485 pending
3) b - Status as permanent resident

Hi vk96,

First of all, I must say a big thank you and those out there for all the valuable information.

I need some advices from you as I noted that you were on F1 visa then when you are selected for DV.

Current I am in Boston under F1 visa (Student) and am contemplating between CP and AOS.

My Case Number: 2007AS000059XX

I am comfortable flying back to where I am from, if necessary, to sit for the interview.

My questions are

1) Base on statistics, approx. when will I be called for the interview? (I read through the information.. and are pretty confused ). If I am not wrong, in April 2007?

2) Which route will be faster? CP or AOS?

Appreciate any advices which I am able to obtain. Looking forward to them.

Bao Bao
2007AS000059XX

Hi Bao Bao,

-Last year for DV2006 your number was current in May 2006.Your number might become current in May 2007.Please visit
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

to learn more abt.estmation of your approximate dates.

-AOS vs CP both have ins & outs but if you dont have problem going back then my suggestion would be to opt for CP.In your case CP might be better over AOS as your case might become current in mid 2007.

Search this forum for Borya,he was on F1 but he did AOS.

bao bao said:
Hi vk96,

First of all, I must say a big thank you and those out there for all the valuable information.

I need some advices from you as I noted that you were on F1 visa then when you are selected for DV.

Current I am in Boston under F1 visa (Student) and am contemplating between CP and AOS.

My Case Number: 2007AS000059XX

I am comfortable flying back to where I am from, if necessary, to sit for the interview.

My questions are

1) Base on statistics, approx. when will I be called for the interview? (I read through the information.. and are pretty confused ). If I am not wrong, in April 2007?

2) Which route will be faster? CP or AOS?

Appreciate any advices which I am able to obtain. Looking forward to them.

Bao Bao
2007AS000059XX

I think you should search this forum more. There was a lot of discussion about F1 and AOS....

This is just my opinion...

CP may be faster but I think that AOS is more secure (there was a lot of discussion on this topic also), because when you go back for the CP and if dont get your GC your F1 most likely will be cancelled, so you will not be able to come back, if you stay and do AOS and dont get GC there is a chance for you to stay on F1 status in the US...

if you work... be careful about working on your F1 while the AOS is pending...

Hi everyone, thanks a lot to all of you for the valuable info!

I have another question. I am here on H-1B = I have a social security card, but it is restricted to working for an employer that is tied to my visa. Do I also need to submit I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to get a "real" social security card (I would like to keep my SSN though) or does my social security card "unblock" authomatically once I get my green card so I can work for anybody? Thanks.

I'm also on H1-B and my SS Card also reads work with INS permission.Once you have work authorization via DV,you will be able to work anywhere that is DHS DOCUMENT and that super cross social security card restiction.So No worries.....!!!!

As far as our social security is concerned we pay the same amount of social security as any other american citizen.