• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

starak said:
I have another question. I am here on H-1B = I have a social security card, but it is restricted to working for an employer that is tied to my visa. Do I also need to submit I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to get a "real" social security card (I would like to keep my SSN though) or does my social security card "unblock" authomatically once I get my green card so I can work for anybody? Thanks.
Once you get your GC, you wouldn't need the employment authorization document (EAD). Filing I-765 is optional. you can file it if you think getting your GC might take longer (EAD comes in 3 months), and you need to work. Other than that, when you get your GC, you should go to social security office, and fill out an application to replace your social sec. card - to get one without that writing. Your SSN would stay the same.

Hi Guys,

Can a company submit I-134 instead of an individual?I know it seems complicated after looking the form I-134 but if I may ask!!!It might be easier for some of us to get company financials rather than individuals.

plz comment....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

My wife is a primary winner.Her country of birth is Bosnia, chargeability country.In our DV Lottery we put Country of birth and citizenship Bosnia as well.

Now here is the situation she is on H1-B1 and being also a citizen of Croatia she just got H1-B visa stamped few days back in her Croatian Passport due to easy travel(Vacationing).Now I am very confused abt.I-485 application,what to put abt citizenship,Bosnia or croatia? I dont want I-485 to conflict with DV NL and on the other hand she has visa in Croatian Passport.....Plz comment and suggest something.

Do you guys think if I write Citizen of Bosnia and later on abt visa info just put the info from the visa i.e.is croatian passport and thats gonna be alright...confusing enough to me plz help!!!

Hi Guys,

I wanted to update you all abt.my case being mailed today to Chicago.Finally October is around the corner and now another kind of wait will start.

I wish everyone all the best and please keep eachother posted about AOS.

HenryID said:
Should we keep the $375 receipt for the interview or is it better to send it or a copy with the I-485 application? I haven't paid yet, so I'm wondering when I should send that payment. My interview could be many months from now, so I'd rather wait a couple of months before paying that...
I missed your question. :p
As you were told, you should pay asap, send the copy of the receipt with your AOS package, and take the original to the interview.

DV2007-AOS Receipt Notice

Hi All,

Please update if you have received a receipt notice from NBC as yet.My checks has not been cashed and making me wonder either lockbox is too slow or something is wrong with my case.

Any update would be great to help determine the timeline for processing.

I mailed in my aplication with a cashiers check. On Oct 2 (overnight FedEx) and got Receipt (I-797C) on 10th Oct, 2006. The fee was processed by Oct 6th.

I went to the USCIS site to register the receipt # so that I can track update or at least event changes on the process. the Last date now on the status is 10th. So hopefully I should get the Biometric appointment letter soon.

Just shared my experience, I hope it gives you an idea of the timeline.
Jugnu786 said:
Hi All,

Please update if you have received a receipt notice from NBC as yet.My checks has not been cashed and making me wonder either lockbox is too slow or something is wrong with my case.

Any update would be great to help determind the timeline for processing.

Hi Maraba,

This is really great!!!So one reason to believe they are working swiftly.I wonder what happen to mine PKG.It was delivered on 09/30 Saturday that was one day earlier than DV 2007 started....may be that is causing the delay.

Thank you

DV 2007-AOS Receipt Notice Delay

Hi All,

Any update would be great to help determine the timeline for processing.

Got my letter for Biometrics today with a date to appear to on the 23rd. I already scheduled an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I plan to go there for a walk-in attempt because I need to travel soon and hope I could get things moving faster.

What do you guys think?

Yes, I guess it will not hurt to do a walk in attempt,especially if you live in same city like DO or ASC.However, its up to them to take your FP or let you come in on 23rd.

Your case is moving smooth and that's what matters.

I went the about noon today and they took my biometircs information. Perhaps because there were not many people waiting in line.

I am hoping this will speed up my interview date too because I wish to travel first week next month.

Jugnu786 said:
Yes, I guess it will not hurt to do a walk in attempt,especially if you live in same city as as DO or ASC.However, its up to them to take your FP or let you come in on 23rd.

Your case is moving smooth and that's what matters.

This is simply great!!!Now name check, and once that's through you will have an interview.

Plz share details abt your local office etc.

How long do you estimate it will take to get to the interview? I am glad things are moving fast but wish it could go faster :).

Jugnu786 said:
This is simply great!!!Now name check, and once that's through you will have an interview.

Plz share details abt your local office etc.

vk96 said:
I think you should search this forum more. There was a lot of discussion about F1 and AOS....

This is just my opinion...

CP may be faster but I think that AOS is more secure (there was a lot of discussion on this topic also), because when you go back for the CP and if dont get your GC your F1 most likely will be cancelled, so you will not be able to come back, if you stay and do AOS and dont get GC there is a chance for you to stay on F1 status in the US...

if you work... be careful about working on your F1 while the AOS is pending...

What about F1 guys working on-campus (assistantships) while the AOS is pending? Is that allowed???

Hi,

As long as you have valid F1 work on campus won't be a problem.

-Once your AOS is pending and you applied and approved for EAD you can work anywhere.However, I would suggest to maintain your F1 Status until your AOS becomes adjusted.

FYI:Once someone start using EAD with a valid F1/H1 status,they abandon their F1/H1 status!!!

Case Status Online

Hi Vinipux,

Yes, sometimes online system doesnot reflect being a receipt notice so new or it can be any other problem.You can always called customer service abt.this issue and hopefully they will fix it. It can be just a technical glitch.Mine receipt notice is written behind the check and it also doesnot reflect on online system yet.