Chicago DOL tracking part 7

No Title

How did you come to know from Michigan SESA that your case has moved to Chicago DOL?Is there a phone number where one can check?I just have a V-IL file number from SESA.

CONGRATULATIONS --- light-le

HEY congrats buddy. 10/12/01 is good news.

screwedbytexax(SBT) good question. light-le let us know if you are EB* RIR ect... and without fail let us know when you get the hard copy

Mine is EB2 RIR (RD : 11/06/01)

SBT when is your RD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO EVERYONE OUT THERE PLEASE POST YOUR STATUS ON THIS SITE AND IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED HARD COPIES....WE HAVE NOT HAD POSTINGS OF HARD COPIES FOR SOME TIME NOW. ...THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIVAM Rsur joyln

I know some in my company who have the IL SESA cleared but the system is updated with only 11/28/01 information and not after that.
just call DOL and they will let you know. don\'t hesitate to call

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All you guys, don\'t bother with the V-** number. the priority date is the date the state SESA received your app. check this portal and you will know when approx. your app. should be processed then it will go the regional office that is chicago DOL. if you want to track the state SESA you have other forums on this site check them out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What\'s the number for IL automated status check?

Hi, My case number is 054015XX transferred on 10/16/01. How can I check the status and RD?

Michigan SESA phone

I got the information from my attorney. If you want to check with Michigan SESA, the phone number is 313 456 3005.

Chicago DOL AVM number

You can call automatic phone information retrieving system of Chicago DOL at 312 353 1059. You should give your case number to the sytem and it will tell you the status like Receipt Date at Chicago DOL.

Thanks Sivam

Thanks Sivan. Could you pls provide the mail-id of DOL if possible. I checked the status and it just says that application was received. I assume this status should change after application approval.

No Title

mine was sent on 11/29/2001 from MI SESA to Chicago, it got updated on 01/17/2001 with RD of 12/04/2001

thanks pulo, screwedbytexas and sivam!

My case was RIR and EB2. yes, I am quite happy considering my labor has been rejected
twice through different companies...once through regular processing and once through
RIR...both times I had lousy lawyers...it\'s been quite frustrating thus far, but finally some
good news...!!

Yes, I will let you all know as soon as I receive my hard copy. Let\'s hope there are not too
many hiccups in that aspect now...

Good luck all!!

\'Labor Pain\' is over

EB2 RIR PD 05/23/01
SESA mailed out 09/12/01
DOL RD 09/17/01
DOL AD 01/04/02
HC recd. 01/17/02

Would love to see you all at the 140 board and thanks for all your help.

thanks pulo, screwedbytexas and sivam!

My case was RIR and EB2. yes, I am quite happy considering my labor has been rejected
twice through different companies...once through regular processing and once through
RIR...both times I had lousy lawyers...it\'s been quite frustrating thus far, but finally some
good news...!!

Yes, I will let you all know as soon as I receive my hard copy. Let\'s hope there are not too
many hiccups in that aspect now...

Good luck all!!

What was the reason light-le?

What was the reason for your prior RIR rejection? I am worried now.

I am also processing my case thru lousy lawyer, employer is a small company but financially my employer is doing good in this economic down turn. There are no layoffs as well.

Did it got rejected from Chicago or from some where else? Would you like to share those details with us?

Thanks in Advance.

I got case number today!!!

My PD is 04/19/01. EB2 RIR. ( Michigan ).
MI SESA sent application on 11/28/01.
RD ( DOL Chicago) 12/04/01.

AVM is updated today with my case number and RD details.
I called DOL, Chicago and confirmed the information by giving my last name and my company name.

So it took almost 6 weeks to assign case number. I saw some people got case numbers assigned, within in couple of days.
I don\'t know what makes it different with those applications!!!

Not true

Not all of the applications are immediately reflected in the DOL system. I have seen many cases in this forum which were not reflected immediately. My case was received by the DOL on 11/28/2001. But it showed up on the DOL system only on 01/07/2002.

Don\'t worry...Worrying does not help

Well...I used to work for a company (~300 employees) that mainly hired Mechanical
Engineers. I am an aerospace engineer. I had filed my regular case in Sep 98. It
was now December 1999 and I had not heard about my case mainly because of the
Jan 14, 98 deadline on 245(i) where applications were stuck. So 245(i) has screwed me
twice already. Anyway, I had a few mechanical engineering friends whose RIR\'s were being
approved in 2 months; so I asked my lawyer to file an RIR petition. Since the company was
conservative, they withdrew my regular case and filed an RIR in March 2000. Since the lawyer
did not take too much time, he failed to place ads for an aerospace engineer. Further,
I asked to review the case before submission but he did not send it for me to review either.
Chicago DOL considered my case in Oct 2000 and issued a remand to state. I talked to
the lawyer who waited for 2 months and was finally told by DOL that the case was moved
back to IDES as a regular case. They told him that enough advertising history was not present.
They said no Ads mentioned aerospace engrs...The lawyer could\'ve easily asked the company
to place a few ads while he was preparing the case...So I was back to where I started. I quit the company and now have the RIR approved finally in Jan 2002 after nearly 3 1/2 yrs!! That\'s my dukh bhari kahani...Moral...be always on top of your lawyers and be aware of the process...beware
of lawyers that just file papers and don\'t review your cases closely...

I was rejected once too

In 2000 I applied for the first time for a Labor Certification and my application was rejected because of a lousy work of my lawyer and the HR person at my company.

Here what happened. Around Feb 00 I found out that my LC application was sitting at the HR department and nothing was being done about it. I was even told that it had been sent but it was not true.
So, I found another job (The economy was great) and told my manager I am leaving.
The same HR person called my lawyer and told him to file my application immediately as it is even though it lucked recruitment evidence. I stayed at the company. 8 months later my LC application was rejected. Meanwhile the HR person was fired and the lawyer never told me the truth about my LC. Each time I called him, he basically told that he knows what he is doing, nothing can be done to speed up the slow LC process but no word about my application.

After the rejection, I decided first to educate my self and asked the company to hired a new law firm to assist me. I am now waiting.
But I think the reason for the rejection was the luck of recruitment evidence and a lousy lawyer job.
Here are my advises:
  Do not trust your lawyer
  And educate your self by visiting websites like this one.
  Ask lot of questions. Dont let anything slip
pulo

Finally approved

Case # : 0540147X
Non IT DOT code
Received Regional Office: 10/16/2001
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 01/16/2002.

it seemed a lot cases with RD 10/16/2001 got approved in the past few days, regardless of their DOT code.

Thank everyone for the support and will post when hardcopy received.

Congrats Yeeho!

Yes, a lot of cases from 10/16/01 were approved yesterday. my case was received on 10/26/01; case number 054018XX. Expect to hear something in 1-2 weeks. The good news is the reduction in backlogs. Just a couple of weeks ago, it was taking 3 1/2 months for DOL to respond. Now it is down to exactly 3 months. Good luck guys!

Reduction in the backlog

I think the reduction in the backlog is due to the 9/11. DOL has received less cases in september. I do not think it\'s due to any accelation of the processing or manpower.

pulo