Chicago DOL tracker-Part 6

Does any one know anything about Non-RIR

Does any one know anything about Non-RIR. Plase advice is it OK to convert a non-RIR to RIR after waiting for 10 months. SESA is processing applications with my PD 2/13/01 now. How long will it take from here to move it to DOL

DOL cranking

Looks like DOL advanced to cases with ND 09/20/2001. Good luck every one. I am guessing mine will get approved by end of this month.

RIR Conversion

Hi ksh,
If you have waited this long and SESA is processing cases with your RD,it is better to wait. Even if you try converting it now, you have to advertise on your own and risk rejection at SESA/DOL;this is in addition to waiting for the conversion to be granted. If you stick with regular labor appln, SESA will give advertising instructions and if your employer does not find qualified candidate with SESA directed recruitment, your case is rock solid. once approved by SESA under regular labor, DOL approval is also a breeze, in most cases under a month-with limited review(if applicable). Hope this helps.

DOL turnover

Yes, it seems they are moving ahead in dates, but this might be due to the paucity of cases received immediately after 9/11. In any case, dates are moving and that\'s good news. When I last checked, they seemed to be processing cases from end of September.

Status Update

Here is my status

Received Regional Office: 09/17/2001
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 01/04/2002.

Good luck everybody !!

congratulations

Is your case range between 054010xx and 05401100. Just checking to see how far DOL processing came.
Good luck in I-140, how long usually it takes?

Thanks,

Quiet a Long Time

My application was mailed to IL SESA on May 1st 2001, and received by DOL on 9/17, approved 01/04. My case number was just before the range you mentioned. But Iam sure they are moving very fast now.

This painful wait is not ended yet, I am still in this forum for somemore time to wait for my hard copy.
If anyone has any update on hardcopies, please post..

Congrats!

ROJ,
Be happy that this stage is over. Good luck with I-140. It\'s taking less than 2 months at NSC. I have not heard of hard copy delays lately. So, enjoy!

How do i find whats happening to my labour processing

My lawyer filed my labour processing in Oct\'01.
How do i know what\'s the status of it.
EB2-RIR is my category.
Do i need to know any other info. about it?

I did send email to lcstatus05@doleta.gov
and the response i got was
"ur search for Alien Certification Unit status did not find any cases to report.
The case you were asking about may be older than the information maintained for status requests. Your request must be sent to the region processing your case. Other regions do not provide status. Please check the syntax of your request."

Can anyone please help.

Yes, they might be even into Oct first week cases

I checked some cases randomly, they even approved some cases filed in October first week but the DOT codes of them appears to be they are not software/tech jobs.

Exactly!!

I guess the best DOT Code to have is Faculty Member. I have noticed that Faculty Member cases are approved in 15 to 20 days.

Hard copy

My case was approved by DOL on 11/28 but still waiting for the hard copy. Has any one received the hard copy? Please post and please suggest if DOL can be contacted in any way to ask for the hard copy.

What is This hard copy.

Guys. what is this hard copy stuff. my case reached dol chicago on Nov 6th and I am hoping it should get cleared in 1.5 months. can I then apply for I-140 or I have to wait for this hard copy you guys are talking about. what is it.

Also I wanted to know. my state got cleared on 5th Nov \'01 i.e. my lawyers office got a fax on this day. the lawyer is not saying anything and tells my case is pending. so should I assume the my case got cleared by state. I know that there had been no query in my case.

Gupte

You need the Actual Labor Certificication or Hard Copy as they are refer to here to apply for your I-140.

The "HArd Copy" is actually just a Stamp on your LCA application and a cover letter. It is very very important as I\'ve heard that you need both of them to make a complete Labor Certification. I\'ve heard horror stories that someone has his LCA approved but the cover letter from DOL was missing, hence his I-140 case remains pending for 6 months. This is a rare case.

TungFong

Labor Clearance at Chicago

I had applied for labor (RIR-EB2)in Michigan in August 2000, and then the application went to Chicago, and have not yet recieved any feedback, from them. Someone please advise on how to contact them. My attorney says that the Chicago office lost the advertisements and that they have requested State Labor department for another copy. My attorney has already requested the state department to forward the ads again.
wsanjay