• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 8-1-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Britsimon,
Thanks for your response. Yes of course, the sponsor is going to fill it, but I'm helping them since it's their first time doing anything like this.
So would 'employer' be fine? and so I should probably ask them to also send me the employment offer, basically stating the position, what they're going to cover & provide, etc.? Thanks again for your helpful suggestions!

If the person is providing you with an employment letter, then they shouldn't be filing out an affidavit of support. A direct offer of employment should suffice, filing out an affidavit of support and claiming an employer/employee relationshp may cause an alarm to go off in the CO's head. An employer typically does not fill out an affidavit of support.

Britsimon

Yes, so basically the employer is going to also fill the i-134 for me. Alright then, I was just a little bit uncertain, I was wondering if only a friend or relative is eligible to fill the form. So basically the 'strict' requirements to be sponsor are only income and domicile (correct me if I'm wrong).
Thanks a lot Simon, you're the best!

Britsimon

Yes, so basically the employer is going to also fill the i-134 for me. Alright then, I was just a little bit uncertain, I was wondering if only a friend or relative is eligible to fill the form. So basically the 'strict' requirements to be sponsor are only income and domicile (correct me if I'm wrong).

Nope - an employer does a job offer letter - get that and you are golden.

edit - yep - read what Mom says above.

Britsimon

An employer should NOT be filling out form I-134. Read the response directly above your last post.

Hi Simon and Mom,
Yes, I was actually wondering about exactly this. But since it's not from a company, I was wondering if an employment offer should be some kind of 'legitimate' (with a company letterhead). It's a live-in nanny position, so the offer is from the family. So what kind of supporting documents you'd suggest to be provided?

Last edited:
Hi Simon and Mom,
Yes, I was actually wondering about exactly this. But since it's not from a company, I was wondering if an employment offer should be some kind of 'legitimate' (with a company letterhead). It's a live-in nanny position, so the offer is from the family. So what kind of supporting documents you'd suggest to be provided?

You can make things less complicated for yourself and get this people to go ahead with the affidavit and list 'family friend' as the relationship.

Or if you want to go the employer/employee way, they will need to send you a contract (see sample below) which doesn't have to be on a company letter head paper, but still has to be convincing and genuine looking: - and I think it's a bit of a hassle putting something like that together. They will still need to include their ID, and financial evidence such as IRS tax returns and bank statements as proof they're able to afford whatever it is they intend to pay you.

http://www.childcarebackground.com/documents/NannySampleWorkAgreement-CBRC_000.pdf

i'm tired and fed up now with this Ap ,always make slpless...120day nw still on Ap...but my ceac status shown ready, am sick and tired...

AP from August 28. Albania. They didn't say no reason,a just that they have an ap process and I should be contacted from them. They keep my family's passports and I did the full payment for 4 persons

the same to me ,they retained my passport and dnt tell me the reason for the Ap its 120days nw still on Ap thats make me worried... I dnt knw why they put us on Ap didn't tell us why...

i'm tired and fed up now with this Ap ,always make slpless...120day nw still on Ap...but my ceac status shown ready, am sick and tired...
Why 120 days on AP? That's very bad. Like you are ISIS. Man, call them and tell them who you are. Time is running out.

Britsimon

Simon is very right. Follow what he says. Besides and employer does not do the form i-134. He may do the i-864. This form is not free even. You pay something before the interview

You can make things less complicated for yourself and get this people to go ahead with the affidavit and list 'family friend' as the relationship.

Or if you want to go the employer/employee way, they will need to send you a contract (see sample below) which doesn't have to be on a company letter head paper, but still has to be convincing and genuine looking: - and I think it's a bit of a hassle putting something like that together. They will still need to include their ID, and financial evidence such as IRS tax returns and bank statements as proof they're able to afford whatever it is they intend to pay you.

http://www.childcarebackground.com/documents/NannySampleWorkAgreement-CBRC_000.pdf
This employer thing may complicate things I think. Don't these guys have jobs that they need someone to do when he gets there. You their website that talks about the job thing. I know that when you get there you may do whatever job you wanna do. Just enter like many people do.

Simon is very right. Follow what he says. Besides and employer does not do the form i-134. He may do the i-864. This form is not free even. You pay something before the interview

This is a DV based petition, therefore a potential employer should not be filling out an I-864 for the applicant.

A case is being updated in CEAC database each time somebody accesses your file - this may mean simply reviewing it or taking some form of action. What is the current Status showing?
Hey Euro2014. As you might know, they put me on AP on Tuesday because the doctor’s report hadn’t reached the Embassy in time for the interview. Our case was also described as above in CEAC, myself on AP and my wife on Ready. It was then updated during the course of yesterday, but the status remained for the both of us (assuming my wife remains on ready due to your explanation). Today (Thursday) our cases were accessed and changed to both being displayed as ready. 10 min. later both cases were displayed as being in AP.

This can’t be good? Does anyone have any experience with AP cases that went quick that also reflects our experience of events? I find it quite suspicious the way we are now both on AP. could this be because they may be working in the system and are about to issue us with a visa, or that we are officially on full blooded AP. The officer at our interview said that the Medical reports was the only thing missing and our visas were likely to be issued soon after receipt. I am dreading full blooded AP as it is the 4th of September and visas and time is running Low!

Sigh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.