• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 8-1-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Brtitsimon,
thank u very much for the great effort u r doing here,,
im a DV2015 winner , my case number is AS2*** , i have a Question : my complete passport name is 4 characters without being divided into 1st, middle and last name format, for example its : john william adam smith ,, however during the initial entry application, i wrote only 3 names using my 3rd name as my family name and forgot to mention the 4th (as we dont use last name format in my country ), so i applied as:
last name : Adam
1st name : john william
later on when i was selected i realized that i didnt write my full name as it is in passport, so when i filled DS-260 i corrected my name and wrote it as :
Last name:Adam Smith
so its now MATCHING my complete passport name, high school certificate, university certificate, Birth certificate, and everything else,
however im very anxious about this error, according to VB good start of FY2015 im expecting to be current in November, will this name thing be an issue during the interview ??? if yes ,, what can i do best to overcome this silly mistake ??

Thanx in advance

Hello Brtitsimon,
im a DV2015 winner , my case number is AS2*** , i have a Question : my complete passport name is 4 characters without being divided into 1st, middle and last name format, for example its : john william adam smith ,, however during the initial entry application, i wrote only 3 names using my 3rd name as my family name and forgot to mention the 4th (as we dont use last name format in my country ), so i applied as:
later on when i was selected i realized that i didnt write my full name as it is in passport, so when i filled DS-260 i corrected my name and wrote it as :
so its now MATCHING my complete passport name, high school certificate, university certificate, Birth certificate, and everything else,
however im very anxious about this error, according to VB good start of FY2015 im expecting to be current in November, will this name thing be an issue during the interview ??? if yes ,, what can i do best to overcome this silly mistake ??

Thanx in advance

Hi Moe,

both my wife and I each have 2 surnames. On the initial application we wrote just one of them and in the DS260 we added in all names (just as it shows on our passports).

I don't think this will be an issue, and if I remember correctly, the initial lottery entry form does not allow for more than one surname to be entered.

Hello Brtitsimon,

Thanx in advance

I don't think it will be an issue. You did right to correct it as best you could on the DS260.

I'm preparing for my interview. A question, is it possible to write down relationship other that family, relative or friend in the Affidavit of Support form? Will the CO ask in detail about the relationship? For example, let's say I will work as somebody's PA, should this person write down employer, and should he/she provide an employment offer as well? Or employment offer should only be issued by legitimate companies and be notarized?
I don't want to provide false informations, but I do want this form to strengthen my application and chance, not hurt it. Thanks!

I'm preparing for my interview. A question, is it possible to write down relationship other that family, relative or friend in the Affidavit of Support form? Will the CO ask in detail about the relationship? For example, let's say I will work as somebody's PA, should this person write down employer, and should he/she provide an employment offer as well? Or employment offer should only be issued by legitimate companies and be notarized?
I don't want to provide false informations, but I do want this form to strengthen my application and chance, not hurt it. Thanks!

An Affadavit of Support is NOT something you complete yourself. It should be completed by someone else (a US legal resident, paying tax, and earning sufficient to support their own family and yours as defined by the Federal poverty guidelines).

The CO may ask the relationship between you and this person - family is better but other relationships are ok if not quite as powerful.

Hi Britsimon,
Thanks for your response. Yes of course, the sponsor is going to fill it, but I'm helping them since it's their first time doing anything like this.
So would 'employer' be fine? and so I should probably ask them to also send me the employment offer, basically stating the position, what they're going to cover & provide, etc.? Thanks again for your helpful suggestions!

Hi Britsimon,
Thanks for your response. Yes of course, the sponsor is going to fill it, but I'm helping them since it's their first time doing anything like this.
So would 'employer' be fine? and so I should probably ask them to also send me the employment offer, basically stating the position, what they're going to cover & provide, etc.? Thanks again for your helpful suggestions!

Yes a job offer letter from an employer is also very good evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.