• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 8-1-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Simon, and thanks for the all the work you're doing on the CEAC data!

I have a question: Is there a way to figure out the date of the interviews from the data? I'm confused about all the dates in those columns.
I'm trying to estimate the duration of AP clearance in my embassy.

Thanks!
The interview dates do not appear on the ceac data.
The APs do not have a specifing time frame to be cleared, but usually take about 3 months, but some take way more or less ...

Simon:

depend on the latest data, are we still safe in the first week of Sep.?
one more week to go...
I hope we are fine...

Overall I think we are safe, but I cannot be sure where the regional limits could be hit. They might have calculated that by assuming that everyone in the system nw can be processed and that is the limit, or they may announce a region has hit a limit - I just don't knw for sure.

Simon. You may like this clip that I got........

The actual adjustment of status interview or application at the port of entry must b successfully completed and a visa granted no later than September 30 of the fiscal year. (Immigrant visas are valid for six months, so successful applicants who choose consular processing do not have to enter the United States before September 30, but must complete the immigrant application process an obtain their immigrant visas by September 30.) The September 30 deadline appears to be etched in stone, even when the government is shown to be in error or delinquent. The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a district court order of mandamus reliefto Charles Nyaga, a winner of the 1998 DV program who was unable to complete the process by September 30, 1998, because the government failed to process his application in a timely manner. 50 Outraged by the experiences of Mr.Nyaga an others with the DV program, Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Chair ofthe Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration , Border Security, and Citizenship, introduced legislation that would enable a winner to remain eligible beyond the fiscal year in which he or she applied.

Simon. You may like this clip that I got........

The actual adjustment of status interview or application at the port of entry must b successfully completed and a visa granted no later than September 30 of the fiscal year. (Immigrant visas are valid for six months, so successful applicants who choose consular processing do not have to enter the United States before September 30, but must complete the immigrant application process an obtain their immigrant visas by September 30.) The September 30 deadline appears to be etched in stone, even when the government is shown to be in error or delinquent. The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a district court order of mandamus reliefto Charles Nyaga, a winner of the 1998 DV program who was unable to complete the process by September 30, 1998, because the government failed to process his application in a timely manner. 50 Outraged by the experiences of Mr.Nyaga an others with the DV program, Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Chair ofthe Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration , Border Security, and Citizenship, introduced legislation that would enable a winner to remain eligible beyond the fiscal year in which he or she applied.

That is an interesting story. It ended with Nyaga stuck in Kenya, and the bill by Chambliss failed in Vongress. Chambliss kept trying for Nyaga (which I think is very commendable), but to no avail.

However, the story has a happy (if very belated) ending... Nyaga eventually got to the front of the line with a family sponsored application made by his brother - so was eventually able to move to the USA!

http://www.usadiversitylottery.com/immigration-news-march242008.php

That is an interesting story. It ended with Nyaga stuck in Kenya, and the bill by Chambliss failed in Vongress. Chambliss kept trying for Nyaga (which I think is very commendable), but to no avail.

However, the story has a happy (if very belated) ending... Nyaga eventually got to the front of the line with a family sponsored application made by his brother - so was eventually able to move to the USA!

http://www.usadiversitylottery.com/immigration-news-march242008.php

Exactly! The bill makes no difference whatsoever to the case of anyone processing DV-based AOS for now. It was introduced in 2004 and was never enacted as not a single vote was taken on it.

By looking at the READY+TRANS column. I don't know what those columns mean so I was assuming it.
Oh ok ! That's not correct, because readies are 90% ''dead'' they didn't pitch to the interview.
For EU I would say there is about less than 1k left.
And I'm being optemistic

How did you come up with that number? 0.1x(READY+TRANS)?
Have a look at this 31 july data table for better idea about how many interviews were left for august.
I presume its less than 1k left for EU because up to now EU has taken about 17k and add about 1.5k AOS.
I think EU quota this year will be around 19k.
@Britsimon can surely ellaborate on this better than me .

Attachments

• data%20up%20to%2031%20july%202014.png
    data%20up%20to%2031%20july%202014.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
@ briceipt you have any idea of sierra leone Ap cases ,and the amount of visas remained presently nw and how many hve been issue?? And the Ap cases that are about to resolved this august to september @briceipt?

What about AS? I still don't understand this region limit thing, if around 6k visas have been issued for ASIA, will I be safe; my status is ready and my interview is set to be on Sept. 2nd, I was thinking of rescheduling it (probably 5 days max) but now a tad bit worried of the quota. Just an FYI: I'm not from Nepal or Iran and my country has approx. 200 winners and not everyone seems to proceed with it

What about AS? I still don't understand this region limit thing, if around 6k visas have been issued for ASIA, will I be safe; my status is ready and my interview is set to be on Sept. 2nd, I was thinking of rescheduling it (probably 5 days max) but now a tad bit worried of the quota. Just an FYI: I'm not from Nepal or Iran and my country has approx. 200 winners and not everyone seems to proceed with it

You would be daft to reschedule. You should be safe with the original date though.

You'd be crazy to reschedule a September interview, even in the unlikely situation your embassy would be amenable to giving you a date that suits you. You've got the global quota to worry about too.

The problem with knowing visas remaining is that AOS is not included in CEAC. AOS are the people who were interviewed locally in the USA on DV

Hi Simon, Can you guess how many D.V visas golobally issued till now and can we expect for Asia they continue process till end of Sep or not?

Reactions: CWH
Status
Not open for further replies.