BEC Approval After 45-Day Letter

Your thread name had my heart pounding for a second....
Too early, but what a day it would be when all of us would be posting "Certified" on this thread !!

Last edited by a moderator:
gogia said:
You thread name had my heart pounding for a second....
Too early, but what a day it would be when all of us would be posting "Certified" on this thread !!

Yeah, we are looking for the lucky No. 1 :)

How long it takes to get the first approval?

It seems that no one has gotten approval yet while the BEC has been set up for several months, and it is almost 2 months since the first 45 days was sent out.

alex10dc said:
It seems that no one has gotten approval yet while the BEC has been set up for several months, and it is almost 2 months since the first 45 days was sent out.

We are going to hear the approvals soon from Dallas. As per my attorney, Dallas BPC started the analyzing the case on FIFO(Reply of 45 day letter and PD combination on one queue for RIR/TR and with BPC location indexed). Philly BPC will also start analyzing soon. Philly are behind a month with respect to Dallas BPC. Philly are trying to catch-up.

I think cases with Dallas BPC has advantage over Philly BPC. Philly has to take care of lots of cases on NY/Maryland with PD 2001.

Let's see how it works out.

RIR CA Cases transfered to Philly BEC

sivakd said:
Even Dallas BEC has to take care of a lot of cases with PD 2001 for California (as per http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp which says California cases will be handled by Dallas BEC)

I can see all the RIR cases with PD 2001 from NY/NJ/Maryland are poring in Philly. California has pending Regular(TR) with PD April 2001 and RIR with PD May 2002. I think Philly BPC will take minimum a year to reach the earliest CA cases with PD May 2002 RIR. God know when they will touch our cases. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for Labor approval - RIR/Dallas

Hi Friends,

According to forum my labor might be approved by end of this month. My lawer had replied to 45 letter more than 2 months. (FIFO + 45 letter Queue).
I will let u know if that happen ASAP guys..

Case: RIR/EB2- Dallas/TX
PD - 06/25/2002
RD - 02/14/2003
45 day Letter receive - Dec' 17 2004
45 replied to BEC - Dec' 20 2004
ETA Case No: D-04280-13###

Pretty Optimistic Assesment. Good Luck.

skapa said:
Hi Friends,

According to forum my labor might be approved by end of this month. My lawer had replied to 45 letter more than 2 months. (FIFO + 45 letter Queue).
I will let u know if that happen ASAP guys..

Case: RIR/EB2- Dallas/TX
PD - 06/25/2002
RD - 02/14/2003
45 day Letter receive - Dec' 17 2004
45 replied to BEC - Dec' 20 2004
ETA Case No: D-04280-13###

Question on Priority Date

Gurus,
Please help me understand the Priority Date. My labor petition was filed in Dec 2001 in CA and it got cleared at the state level in Sept 2003 and moved to SFO Regional Office and subsequently went to BEC's. Got intimation from the attorneys that they recd the 45 day letter on Feb 21st and they have replied back. As per BEC's is my Priority Date Dec 2001 or Sept 2003 ?

Thanks in Advance,

rxs_1234 said:
Gurus,
Please help me understand the Priority Date. My labor petition was filed in Dec 2001 in CA and it got cleared at the state level in Sept 2003 and moved to SFO Regional Office and subsequently went to BEC's. Got intimation from the attorneys that they recd the 45 day letter on Feb 21st and they have replied back. As per BEC's is my Priority Date Dec 2001 or Sept 2003 ?

Thanks in Advance,

Its Dec 2001 (when you filed your LC with the State SESA). Yours is a pretty old case...so you can expect an approval soon (when the cases start getting approvals).

H1BneedGC said:
Its Dec 2001 (when you filed your LC with the State SESA). Yours is a pretty old case...so you can expect an approval soon (when the cases start getting approvals).

H1BneedGC, Thanks for the update.. It is so assuring to hear something like that after waiting for so long.

Does any one have any information as to when the labor certification process will start at either of the BECs? Will it be after all the 45 day letters are received or before that?

I am wondering if the immigration attorneys have any idea.

sivakd said:
Even Dallas BEC has to take care of a lot of cases with PD 2001 for California (as per http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp which says California cases will be handled by Dallas BEC)

Everybody seems to forget that there is a state called Indiana, where the LC applications never saw the light of day (remained in the SWA since 2001) and were presumably transferred to Dallas BPC :(

03/07/2005:

Backlog Processing Center Processing Update

According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:
Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.
Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.
Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.
FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations.
It appears that people needs a patience.

Seems like its moving..

gp111
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2003

It moved .. A little bit !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Attorney has received NOF for 2 cases (PD of 2001) last Friday & as per my communication with him Dallas BEC has started sending out Approvals & NOFs.

LC Approved 2 months after replied to 45 days notice

Hi, the 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received today March 25. Finally they approved my LC.

I have been patience enough. My LC was filed with TWC back in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. I waited 4 years & 9 months for my LC. Hopefully my I-140 & 485 don't take too long.

Good luck to all of you.

Congratulations Bbli!!

It is good to hear that BPC has started approving cases. Since your case is probably one of the oldest, it seems they are following the PD.

Good luck with your I140 and 485.

gcin05
(PD Jan 26, 2004
45 Day letter received on March 15, replied on March 17, 2005.)

bbli you are the first

i think you are the only one left with a 2000 PD.Mine is 2001 so,hopefully i am next.