Anyone got receipt after submitting H1 after 4/1 ?

waterboy_dec said:
Hello,
my relative one filed on May 25th
till date no receipt,no check encash and no news.

I do not know what they are doing and how do we track this with INS
hi WATERBOY_DEC,

Same for me too. Not yet received the receipt even after filing on May 24th. Please let me know if anyway we can able to contact the USCIS to know the status without the receipt no.

Thanks
Arun

Does anyone still havent received receipt number/response for the H1 applied this year. this is my prev post. Do you know whether we can do anything from our side. Employer says that attorney couldnt track the application. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

=================
Same problem for me also, my H1 was applied on May 9, 2006 at Vermont. Its been nearly more than 2 months so far, still my attorney/employer hasnt received any receipt number , nor any form of response from USCIS. Cheque is also not encashed. i am very worried.
=================

h1 B receipt

H1B filed on July 6th Masters quota regular processing.
No receipt yet, checks not cashed.

Should I wait or loose hope.

If anyone got a receipt number this past week (Jul 31 to Aug 04, 2006) , can you reply back with the date that your application was delivered to Vermont?

My application is missing since 21 days now. Company about to fire lawyer. But that won't help me anyway.

Thanks,
-m
Aug 06, 2006

H1- Advanced Degree start date?

I am an Advanced Degree applicant. My lawyer has put my status start date as Aug 15 and then he is saying that it has been a mistake on their part. The start date needs to be Oct 01, 2006 for H1- advanced degrees as well. He has made the company file another backup application which could not reach VSC in time.
I cannot find anything on the web to corroborate him, so I guess he has screwed up something else. We have not received any info from USCIS as yet (20 days have passed since app reached VSC)

My company is about to take my case to another law firm. But I am worried about my case's final decision.

Can anyone check if the start date needs to be Oct 01 2006? Other Advanced Degree applicants, please check with your lawyers. And will USCIS reject my application just because one date was wrong? Or will they simply grant the status from Oct 01 2006?

Thanks,
-m
Aug 04, 2006

Guys, it would be very helpful if everybody posting under this thread includes all of the information as below to help better classify all cases.

Type of application (F1 to H1, H1 to H1, etc):
Process (Premium or Standard):
Date Filed:
Center:
Date Received by USCIS:
Date that the receipt arrived:
Date of approval:
Anything else to add:
In my case:

Type of application: H1 Transfer application (H1 to H1)
Process: Premium Processing
Date filed: July 25 2006
Center: Vermont
Data received by USCIS: July 26th 2006
Date that receipt arrived: N/A (Still waiting)
Date of approval: N/A (Still Waiting)
Anything else to add: N/A

I had the same problem. While filing my petition, my employer had put start date as 07/01/2006. The petition was sent back with a note that the cap for FY2006 was filled up, and we should file for FY2007. I pointed out the mistake to my employer, and they filed a fresh application. We did mention that we had applied earlier. Also, there was a signature missing from my employer, which was pointed out too by VSC. After making the changes, we filed again. Luckily for me it was in time.

Visa: H1B Advanced Degree (currently on F1 OPT)
Premium Processing: NO
Filing Date: 06/26/2006
Receipt Date: 06/28/2006
Notice Date: 06/29/2006
Approval: Awaiting Decision

This might be really bad news for you, because if the USCIS just rejects the previous application I am not sure anything can be done. Try ur best, get a good lawyer.
All the best,
Manoj.

minusm said:
I am an Advanced Degree applicant. My lawyer has put my status start date as Aug 15 and then he is saying that it has been a mistake on their part. The start date needs to be Oct 01, 2006 for H1- advanced degrees as well. He has made the company file another backup application which could not reach VSC in time.
I cannot find anything on the web to corroborate him, so I guess he has screwed up something else. We have not received any info from USCIS as yet (20 days have passed since app reached VSC)

My company is about to take my case to another law firm. But I am worried about my case's final decision.

Can anyone check if the start date needs to be Oct 01 2006? Other Advanced Degree applicants, please check with your lawyers. And will USCIS reject my application just because one date was wrong? Or will they simply grant the status from Oct 01 2006?

Thanks,
-m
Aug 04, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidently, I just received the receipt a little while back!!

Updating my information:

Type of application: H1 Transfer application (H1 to H1)
Process: Premium Processing
Date filed: July 25 2006
Center: Vermont
Data received by USCIS: July 26th 2006
Date that receipt arrived: August 7th 2006
Date of approval: N/A (Still Waiting)
Anything else to add: N/A

Hi Manoj
Thanks for you information. How much time did USCIS take to return your original application? Can you tell me the dates so that I can estimate their workload as well? Was it a pure rejection or could you follow up with that application?
What about your second application? Is the 06/26 data about your second application?

Thanks again
-m
App Type: F1 to H1
App Date: 07/18/06
Premium: No
No Response from USCIS as yet.

H1B transfer - No receipt yet

Hi,

My new company had filed for my H1B transfer on Aug-14th with VSC. It is regular processing. As of date today (Sept-4th), there is no receipt.

Lawyer said that we will get receipt within 15 business days and I can start my new job once I get the receipt. 15 business days is over but we did not get receipt yet. I am worried.

Can someone who got the receipt let me know how many days it is taking now to get the receipt.

Thanks.

No receipt num,No rejection

USCIS received my application on 25th may.Still i haven't received receipt num nor the rejection.Even the cheque is not cashed.Any one is in the same situation....plz post

CAn not believe it

You need to enquire more about it, you should have got the receipt yet otherwise there is some problem either your h-1B is not filed ot some thing is goofy.

H1 receipt hasn't received yet

Same for me. I have applied on same date( 6th July).Master quota regular processing. No news till today.

Did you(mathprint) heard anything? Is there any way so we can keep track.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
mathprit said:
H1B filed on July 6th Masters quota regular processing.
No receipt yet, checks not cashed.

Should I wait or loose hope.

Same here Sruthi. No receipt yet. Applied on 6th July, Masters quota, Regular processing.

Did you get any news?
sruthi327 said:
USCIS received my application on 25th may.Still i haven't received receipt num nor the rejection.Even the cheque is not cashed.Any one is in the same situation....plz post

Same here sruthi..Applied on 6 th July. Masters quota, regular processing. No receipts yet.

Thanks,
sruthi327 said:

Finally i got my receipt after 4 months of waiting....but they requested for additional evidence...now i need to wait for approval....goodluck,bye

Sruthi,

Please let me know when did you get your receipt no.?

My documents were send to USCIS on july 6, 2006, regular processing, masters quota. Neither received receipt nor check cashed.

What did you do? Please advice.

Thanks,
User

sruthi327 said:
Finally i got my receipt after 4 months of waiting....but they requested for additional evidence...now i need to wait for approval....goodluck,bye

I got my receipt on sep 29th.
When i checked my status online....on oct 2nd it requested additional document of evaluation regarding education.
My employer send that document...after that no updates....
U will certainly get the receipt becos u r in quota...dont leave hopes...but it will take sometime...bye