Any news from IL SESA?

No Title

The AVM and the email enquiery system are for cases that have arrived at DOL; usually a week after the cases are transferred from SESA. If your case can\'t be tracked on the AVM, it is either in the SESA waiting to be processed or has been remanded back to employer for more recruiting/ RFE etc. The only exception is the time delay of approximately 1 week for the case to appear on AVM as described above.Denied cases don\'t make it to AVM.

Case sent from IL-SESA to Chicago DOL

My freind\'s case was received by federal DOL. He sent his application on June 24th.

Case # : 05402XXX
DOT Code : 030.062-010
DOT Description : Software Engineer
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $x.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 11/08/2001
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 11/08/2001

My Case Transferred to Chicago DOL

My application was sent to IL-SESA on June 28th,2001 and received at Chicago DOL on Oct 31st,2001.

Best of luck for all of you and see you in DOL thread.

Case # : 05401XXX
DOT Code : 030.062-010
DOT Description : Software Engineer
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $x.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 10/31/2001
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 10/31/2001

Congrats guys! ... logic?

In reference to some questions, I am not sure if there is any real logic to approval times at SESA or the DOL. My filing date with SESA is 05/01, but I still have not received any information about it being transferred to DOL. I have a friend from another company whose filing date is 05/15, and his case is still with SESA (or has not yet been updated at DOL AVM).

Given that SESA only acknowledged receipt of our cases in mid-October, it has been about one month and still no apparent progress. No \'assessments\' from SESA, etc. Just slow apparently.

Yet I have seen folk on this discussion board who have filing dates of 06/x who seem to have been approved at SESA and have moved into the DOL phase; which would mean they got SESA approval within a week or two!

Just luck? ... anyone else with any insights?

No Title

Hello folks:
It is terrible to see this agonizing wait for a Permanent Residency to this great country... Many of us have to face this agonizingly slow task and as soon as we are through we forget about it! It is high time we, the taxpayers did something about it!
I propose the following:
Everyone (including anyone that you know) should ask their lawyers to petition AILA to lobby in the US Congress and House (in fact, our employers can write a petition too), to streamline the Labor Certification approval process so that Labor must be certified in a reasonable amount of time (like 1-2 months instead of 1-2 years!).
Please post your thoughts on this...
Thanks,
-KRSN

Protocol to talk to SESA staff?

Some people say "do NOT call DOl/SESA" while others seem to call and get their case information.

It is inappropriate to call DOL/SESA? ... or are people worried about "harassing" overworked DOL/SESA staff? ... can there be negative repercussions to calling DOL/SESA?

And if you do call and get through, have staff been polite/helpful, or rude/standoffish?

Any "legal" opinions on this?

SESA Staff

It\'s funny that you ask this question. Actually I called and talked to someone at IL SESA yesterday (11/28/01). She was somewhat rude and asked me right upfront whether I am an attorney, employer or an alien. I said I am an alien and the only reason I called is to find out about the date that you are processing these days. She said that they are processing cases from August. She didn\'t tell me the exact date, she just said August. Since she was so rude, I didn\'t bother to ask her about the specific date. I think the way she reacted, the SESA staff doen\'t like calls from aliens and I really doubt if they will tell you any specifics about your case. Maybe they\'ll tell your employer or attorney, but not you - THE ALIEN. This is just my opinion.

By the way, I was as polite as I can be and I also thanked her for sharing this info with me. Don\'t want to rub them the wrong way. My case was filed on or arount 10/10/01.

Hope it helps. When was your case filed or sent to IL SESA.

Filing date 05/01/2001 - EB2 RIR

But still have not received any official acknowledgement from IL-SESA. Or any information that the case has been moved to IL-DOL.

No responses from the immigration lawyers (FDBL) either... :(

SESA and DOL Status

Guys,

Could one of you tell me how much time does it take in IL SESA and in DOL? I just applied to SESA a month back and nothing has been heard so far.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat.

Waiting time

I filed on June 4 at the SESA and the SESA moved my case (RIR) to the DOL on October 22. I am still waiting at the DOL stage.

The DOL processing time depend on the case itself. If you are a cook you are lucky your case will stay a the DOL less than a month. If you\'re an IT guy more than 3 months.

The DOL processing time for most cases seems to be 3-4 months unless if you\'re in one of the privileged categories.

pulo.

Current Dates???

Anybody have any idea what dates are currently being processed? Any August approvals from SESA?

Any Approvals from August

My application was sent to SESA In August. Did anyone got their application approved if they sent in August?

Touch Base

My application was also filed in August. I am sure it is close to being processed anytime now. I will keep you posted, Gumby.

Dates

I talked to IL SESA back on 11/28/01. At that time they were processing August cases. She just gave me the month not the exact date. So looks like your cases will move to Chicago DOL soon. Keep us posted. My case was filed/mailed on 10/10/01.

August Approvals?

August Approvals anyone??? Going once,Going twice ......
Hey, What the heck, I am just trying to keep this thread alive....