Any news from IL SESA?

puloI

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have information from IL SESA. Last time I checked it was processing 4/30.

no news

mine was applied on may 1st. talked to the lawyer its gonna be another 8 months for the labor certification process

This sucks

This really sucks. I just had a recent H1 transfer and company is going to file with IL SESA soon. With my previous employer it took 2 years and 10 months to get IL SESA approve my (regular not RIR) case. It was filed in Feb 98 (right after the January 15, 1998 245i deadline) and was moved to Chicago DOL in December 2000. Now I have switched companies and to my bad luck IL SESA is slow againg due to another 245i deadline (April 30, 2001). Please keep this thread alive and post any approvals. I need some good news here to keep my sanity.

245i and SESA

Can someone explain the relation between 245i and a SESA. The 4/30 seems to be a wall. A "black hole" would better qualify it!
Case (RIR) sent on 6/4
No Info.
pulo

it looks bad

i hope the massive layoffs in the area wouldnt cause them to stop processing the LC\'s. My app was filed on May 1st and i havent had info yet. I will keep you guys posted if i receive anything

A comment from my lawyer

Once the SESA moves past the 4/30/01 date, the cases should progress
much more quickly. There will not be an excessively large number of
cases filed in May or June as the deadline to beat was April 30, 2001.

Lets hope she is right.

pulo

pulo, your lawyer is right

I just looked at some of my previous notes from the last time I filed LC. It took IL SESA a lot of time to move from Jan 8, 1998 to January 15, 1998 (1/15/98 was the last day for 245i). Here are the details.

On 7/27/98 they were processing 1/8/98
On 9/21/98 they were processing 1/12/98 (4 days in 2 months)
On 11/24/98 they were processing 1/13/98 (1 day in 2 months)
Some time in 11/00 my case (filed on 2/19/98) was moved to Chicago DOL. (2 days in 2 years)

As you can see it took a long time to move from 1/8 to 1/15/98. But since they are already on 4/30/01 (deadline for 245i), hopefully it will move quicker.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and keep this thread updated.

Thanks JRChicago for the insight.

Thanks JRChicago for the information. Hopelly sometimes in Spetember or October we will get the expected good news after a sea of bad ones.

pulo.

Does anyone have any good news?

I am trying to be more positive even though there isn\'t +any reasons for this attitide.
Just to keep the thead alive. Please post any new news.

pulo

Have you tried to get any info on your case.

Hi ROJ,

Have you tried to get any info on your case at the Chicago DOL or you\'re relying on the info you\'re getting back from the SESA?

Thanks and good luck,
pulo.

Thanks

Thanks for your update pulo,

Im waiting for so long to cross that one day bridge 4/30->5/1. BTW, how did you find the info from IL SESA, can you post the numbers, info needed etc..

gocubs have you heard any news about your case?

As your (gocubs) case was filled on may 1st. I would like to hear something from you.
Is there anyone who filed in April?

pulo