• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

What of if you have a fail in science but the rest is pass. Any panic?

i will advice you work on it brother edmond. get some agents in GH who can help u out.Blessings

Not a good advise IMO. Basically you're telling him to get in touch with people that can provide him with fake documents? Are you aware that showing up with fraudulent documents will result in a life time ban from the US and could also lead to charges being pressed? This is just so wrong!

Not a good advise IMO. Basically you're telling him to get in touch with people that can provide him with fake documents? Are you aware that showing up with fraudulent documents will result in a life time ban from the US and could also
lead to charges being pressed? This is just so wrong!

not really like getting fake documents,thats not what am trying to mean at all. Anyway thanks for your advice too, i didn't know u can be banned from US.

not really like getting fake documents,thats not what am trying to mean at all. Anyway thanks for your advice too, i didn't know u can be banned from US.

Indeed you can. Immigration fraud, which includes things like materially false statements on visa paperwork and "green card marriages", will earn you a lifetime ban from entry into the US.

Thanks for your advice brothers! Abiwise, I think you are wrong. I just checked the qualification which say's 5 passes including English An Mathematics. They did not even speak about science and social. A pass in English and Mathematics and any other passes. If you fail in English or maths then it is a big problem. Hope you are good now!! Thanks for your concern.

Thanks for your advice brothers! Abiwise, I think you are wrong. I just checked the qualification which say's 5 passes including English An Mathematics. They did not even speak about science and social. A pass in English and Mathematics and any other passes. If you fail in English or maths then it is a big problem. Hope you are good now!! Thanks for your concern.

ok edmond ....am now realising all these .like seriously if i knew earlier i wouldn't have allowed my sister to even process her application at all.Thanks guys for the eye opening. Blessings

hi,hope everyone is doing great..Abiwise my sympathy to you and your sister..edmondbee becareful you don't do anything stupid that might jeopardise your case..Big jerry we all got your back in prayers.. just get your docs right,go for an affidavit to support any of your documents you think might ring a bell..
Anyway I'm 8days old in the state today.By Gods grace I'm doing great..last Tuesday I went to the social security office around Bronx with my grand mum to confirm whether an application had been filled on my behalf..fortunately for me the lady did confirm to me it has..she told me with dv visas USCIS normally process our application directly and so I should expect my SSN next week..but then she still made photocopies of my visa page and made me complete another application form just in case I don't receive it by next week then I give them a call so they can go ahead and process what they have..
so my advice to those of you over here yet to receive their social security number to go check on them..and to those of you yet to arrive please pls visit them asap when u get here because social security number is your life here..without it you'll be stuck..

hi,hope everyone is doing great..Abiwise my sympathy to you and your sister..edmondbee becareful you don't do anything stupid that might jeopardise your case..Big jerry we all got your back in prayers.. just get your docs right,go for an affidavit to support any of your documents you think might ring a bell..
Anyway I'm 8days old in the state today.By Gods grace I'm doing great..last Tuesday I went to the social security office around Bronx with my grand mum to confirm whether an application had been filled on my behalf..fortunately for me the lady did confirm to me it has..she told me with dv visas USCIS normally process our application directly and so I should expect my SSN next week..but then she still made photocopies of my visa page and made me complete another application form just in case I don't receive it by next week then I give them a call so they can go ahead and process what they have..
so my advice to those of you over here yet to receive their social security number to go check on them..and to those of you yet to arrive please pls visit them asap when u get here because social security number is your life here..without it you'll be stuck..

Thanks Gideon, well noted. how abt your Green card?
How is New york treating u so far?

Hello members. I'm very much sorry for being absent for a very long time. It's good here. I'm just 32days old here and it's been so great here. I went to SSN office 2days after my arriva. I got it in give days time. Those of you who are yet to come, I advise you go to the SSN office as soon as possible to apply for it or check whether its in their system. Don't sit at home and be waiting for your SSN card. It might take a lot of time. The weather was very bad for the whole week after my arrival. Maryland is a great place to be. My advise again is that,you should come before the students go on vacation else you gonna stay at home for a long time before you can get a job. When the students vacates, they consider them first on the job koz they have to work for some money you know. Please friends don't waste time in Ghana in you have your visa.
Thanks,Alfred

Hello members. I'm very much sorry for being absent for a very long time. It's good here. I'm just 32days old here and it's been so great here. I went to SSN office 2days after my arriva. I got it in give days time. Those of you who are yet to come, I advise you go to the SSN office as soon as possible to apply for it or check whether its in their system. Don't sit at home and be waiting for your SSN card. It might take a lot of time. The weather was very bad for the whole week after my arrival. Maryland is a great place to be. My advise again is that,you should come before the students go on vacation else you gonna stay at home for a long time before you can get a job. When the students vacates, they consider them first on the job koz they have to work for some money you know. Please friends don't waste time in Ghana in you have your visa.
Thanks,Alfred
Thanks Alfred for the update!
I was one month old last friday. So far so good.
Now that i have my SSN, next is a job. Im sure some of you here have gotten something doing or have links on how to get a job somewhere some how. its a different ball game moving to this country. Now should any one have leads on where those jobless should search and all, it will be helpful.
In addition, how is everyone coping? In the start, i am sure its hard but the God who brought us here will cater for us through our days.
Lets hear from u guys..

NL

guys please help me out, ma sis in the u.s wants to book british airways for me
do i need a transit visa? i wudn't want to stay out of the airport though. do i still
need a transit visa? please help me out.

do i need a transit visa? i wudn't want to stay out of the airport though. do i still

As long as you are not leaving the airport you won't need a visa, they will want to see your US visa though (US visa if traveling to US gives you a waiver for transit visa).

SusieQQQ is right, you don't need that. I came to US with BA, we were at Heathrow Airport for 3 hours before we left for US.

hi guys..I received my social security card this morning..just 11days in the state and I have it.. thanks be to GOD..

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for your concern Gideon. can my sister appeal her case???

hello fam...please i need your advice ......can someone appeal his visa denial after being denied because of failing core maths???

@ vansak. Yeah you gonna need a transit if you coming to Virginia. You might proberbly spend about 5hours at Heathrow airport . It happend to me. I'm in Maryland so my POE was Dulles Washington. The same for Virginia. If you going to JFK the. You will only spend 3 hours at Heathrow but all depends your departure time.you will experience what I have just said if only you depart at night. I don't know about daytime so take note.
Guys,it's not easy thou. Abrokyire is different from what we thought but our God is able. The dollars is not on the tree for anyone to plug it man. You need to work harder. In all schooling is the ultimate to live a good life here. Abrokyire is not like before when hard work pays. Everything has change. You need to work and save money for school. In that way you will be good man. I'm currently working. I thank God. I leave home at 5am and back home like 6pm. Man it's all about work and sleep. Mabr3 ruff. When I broni dey pay you on houly bases, oh man you go sweat papa. Every min at workplace counts. No conversation. I wana conclude that here is 99.9 better than Ghana. Good water and roads. No dum s). Nice places man but the weather be big problem kw33!! It's like you are in a deep freezer. Oh man,it's a blessing to be here to start a new life. Please visa holders come as soon as possible and see things for yourself ooooo. Hahahahaha. You b3 b) wo nsam. What a cold weather!
Back 2 DNL2. Most of the online jobs are fake. I applied several of them. They call me for unecessary stuffs. The best way is to walk in and ask when they have application for employment. Keep doing that you will be lucky.its not easy wake up and go to work. E dey pain man.

@abiwise your sister lost the game. Fortunately it was stated in the instruction that. Passes should include maths and English. Visa paid are not refundable.THat part of the instruction is very categorical. There is no way you can appeal for reinterview . I'm sorry she lost.