• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

@abiwise your sister lost the game. Fortunately it was stated in the instruction that. Passes should include maths and English. Visa paid are not refundable.THat part of the instruction is very categorical. There is no way you can appeal for reinterview . I'm sorry she lost.

Is it possible to share this instruction for us so that we avoid unnecessary expenses.

best

Please when you join the forum,make an effort to read from the beginning. I know it's tiring and boring but if you really need the required information to prepare you towards the interview,I think you will sacrifice to do that. Don't begin reading from the middle. We have answered a lot of questions here and yet people keep asking the same thing because they refuse to read more. If you want to come abrokyire please read from the genesis of the forum and you will get most of the things baffling your mind answered. I'm getting ready for work . Omg! It snowed yesterday. It's cold this morning. Awurade boa y3n. Aw) no u3 too much.

@ vansak. Yeah you gonna need a transit if you coming to Virginia. You might proberbly spend about 5hours at Heathrow airport . It happend to me. I'm in Maryland so my POE was Dulles Washington. The same for Virginia. If you going to JFK the. You will only spend 3 hours at Heathrow but all depends your departure time.you will experience what I have just said if only you depart at night. I don't know about daytime so take note.
Guys,it's not easy thou. Abrokyire is different from what we thought but our God is able. The dollars is not on the tree for anyone to plug it man. You need to work harder. In all schooling is the ultimate to live a good life here. Abrokyire is not like before when hard work pays. Everything has change. You need to work and save money for school. In that way you will be good man. I'm currently working. I thank God. I leave home at 5am and back home like 6pm. Man it's all about work and sleep. Mabr3 ruff. When I broni dey pay you on houly bases, oh man you go sweat papa. Every min at workplace counts. No conversation. I wana conclude that here is 99.9 better than Ghana. Good water and roads. No dum s). Nice places man but the weather be big problem kw33!! It's like you are in a deep freezer. Oh man,it's a blessing to be here to start a new life. Please visa holders come as soon as possible and see things for yourself ooooo. Hahahahaha. You b3 b) wo nsam. What a cold weather!
Back 2 DNL2. Most of the online jobs are fake. I applied several of them. They call me for unecessary stuffs. The best way is to walk in and ask when they have application for employment. Keep doing that you will be lucky.its not easy wake up and go to work. E dey pain man.

Sorry to ask o,is 3 part of ghanian language?

hello fam...please i need your advice ......can someone appeal his visa denial after being denied because of failing core maths???

The decision is final. It cannot be appealed, your sister should move on with her life and not allow herself to be consumed by this. What's done is done

@ vansak. Yeah you gonna need a transit if you coming to Virginia. You might proberbly spend about 5hours at Heathrow airport . It happend to me. I'm in Maryland so my POE was Dulles Washington. The same for Virginia. If you going to JFK the. You will only spend 3 hours at Heathrow but all depends your departure time.you will experience what I have just said if only you depart at night. I don't know about daytime so take note.
Guys,it's not easy thou. Abrokyire is different from what we thought but our God is able. The dollars is not on the tree for anyone to plug it man. You need to work harder. In all schooling is the ultimate to live a good life here. Abrokyire is not like before when hard work pays. Everything has change. You need to work and save money for school. In that way you will be good man. I'm currently working. I thank God. I leave home at 5am and back home like 6pm. Man it's all about work and sleep. Mabr3 ruff. When I broni dey pay you on houly bases, oh man you go sweat papa. Every min at workplace counts. No conversation. I wana conclude that here is 99.9 better than Ghana. Good water and roads. No dum s). Nice places man but the weather be big problem kw33!! It's like you are in a deep freezer. Oh man,it's a blessing to be here to start a new life. Please visa holders come as soon as possible and see things for yourself ooooo. Hahahahaha. You b3 b) wo nsam. What a cold weather!
Back 2 DNL2. Most of the online jobs are fake. I applied several of them. They call me for unecessary stuffs. The best way is to walk in and ask when they have application for employment. Keep doing that you will be lucky.its not easy wake up and go to work. E dey pain man.

Thanx Alfredofori for your reply, I know am gonna need a transit to virginia bt ma question was, would i need a transit visa, Ghanaman and SusieQQQ reply that am not gonna need it if only i will be at the airport. I dnt know about your opinion though bt i would be happy if you could share your experience with me at the airport, atleast from kotoka to your destination, i would be very happy. My sister would be waiting for me at dulles. Please which flight did u take, mine is british airways.

Thanx Alfredofori for your reply, I know am gonna need a transit to virginia bt ma question was, would i need a transit visa, Ghanaman and SusieQQQ reply that am not gonna need it if only i will be at the airport. I dnt know about your opinion though bt i would be happy if you could share your experience with me at the airport, atleast from kotoka to your destination, i would be very happy. My sister would be waiting for me at dulles. Please which flight did u take, mine is british airways.

You DO NOT need a transit visa through the UK if you are on a flight to the US and have a valid US visa, including immigrant visa or green card, do not leave the airport, and will be connecting within 24 hours of landing. I have no idea why this guy thought he needed one, but he didn't. You can look it up on UKBA website under "DATV waiver". I have done this a few times both with tourist visa for US and latest trip with my immigrant visa.

From UKBA website:

If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
8) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

A valid US immigrant visa packet (form 155A/155B) is a 'valid visa' for these purposes.

Well you don't need any transit visa. Did you buy from ticket from IOM? They have agent at Heathrow airport so they will pick you up and take you to the required gate where you will check in before depart to the states. Please it's advisable to constantly check the onboard screen to read about any changes to where you will check in. I nearly missed my flight that day because the gate check in for Dulles airline was change and I didn't know. My check in was 15 min before departure. I waited till the last 5 minutes and realized something was wrong. I spoke to the staff around and they confirm from the PC to me that the gate has change from 42 to 56 so I had to run to gate 56. I was trembling man. I run for 5 min. The flight was just about flying. I was the only person left. I explain to them that I was told to check in at "gate 42" so it wasnt my fault. They advise me to always read the on the information board to be aware of any changes all the time.I fly on British airways. I didn't like the food which was served so charley eat some heavy banku on that night and forget their foods.
Dulles airport is very nice. You will not spend more than 10min to come out except you have some stuffs like fish?drugs etc. even with that you can spend about 20 min before you see your sister lol. Charley get some heavy jacket ooooo. The cold is mad man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you don't need any transit visa. Did you buy from ticket from IOM? They have agent at Heathrow airport so they will pick you up and take you to the required gate where you will check in before depart to the states. Please it's advisable to constantly check the onboard screen to read about any changes to where you will check in. I nearly missed my flight that day because the gate check in for Dulles airline was change and I didn't know. My check in was 15 min before departure. I waited till the last 5 minutes and realized something was wrong. I spoke to the staff around and they confirm from the PC to me that the gate has change from 42 to 56 so I had to run to gate 56. I was trembling man. I run for 5 min. The flight was just about flying. I was the only person left. I explain to them that I was told to check in at "gate 42" so it wasnt my fault. They advise me to always read the on the information board to be aware of any changes all the time.I fly on British airways. I didn't like the food which was served so charley eat some heavy banku on that night and forget their foods.
Dulles airport is very nice. You will not spend more than 10min to come out except you have some stuffs like fish?drugs etc. even with that you can spend about 20 min before you see your sister lol. Charley get some heavy jacket ooooo. The cold is mad man.

Thanks Alfred, My sister booked it online for me, how do i locate the onboard screen and how do i know my flight from the onboard screen, or will be the only british airways flight at that time, my departure is 10.50pm. Chaley this be ma first time travelling outside the country oo so i know nothing man lol. Did you use british airways as your connecting flight at heathrow, what abt dulles airport. Thanks for de advice too, i go chop some heavy banku and tilapia lol, hope i will get some at kotoka, or make i eat from the house lol.

Hi guys i got my green card last week thursday,the card is nice with seriuos security feartures,man it cannot be faked at all.am praying for those waiting for their card it will surely come.Am now gonna leave nwe york to Ohio to start my life there.hoping the best for all awaiting to go for their interviews and those preparing to come to yankee,please prepare well cos the cold still dey for here.Thanks and stay blessed

You bought British airways ticket so the connecting flight is also the same. Well you will go through what I went through except nearly missing of my flight lol. bYou will arrive at the Heathrow airport 5am and a lady (IOM agent)will take will take you to the gate where you will check in. The onboard screen is almost everywhere but don't worry maybe your gate won't be changed. Dulles airport is pretty nice man. Please remember I. Keep your vancin card you from your the Akai with you. They might ask for it. You will arrive here in Dulles at 2pm. If you are lucky the weather maybe to you favorable on that day. The IOm agent wear blue so take not of that. Once you get out from the flight you will see them at the entrance to the various departments. You will be good dont worry.

The decision is final. It cannot be appealed, your sister should move on with her life and not allow herself to be consumed by this. What's done is done

Sorry about your sister's situation. Its unfortunate about the maths issue. This is a lesson for her and some of us here. Sometimes in life we tend to take certain things for granted, and it comes back to haunt us. Although its no ones fault, she has no one to blame but herself. She shd better the maths and try again. She might get lucky again.
Good luck!!

hi guyz, itz bn a while... ope u al gud?
i had to come bak tu Gh last 2 months coz of sch..... dne wid sch n i wil b returning to America nxt month
tnx to u al for ur prayers... God bless u al
Gh50 wer u @? hola me on whatsapp..... am using de same number(USA)

Hi members, new here but I took the pain to read every post and reply on this forum and I must say I've really been educated..
well I'm a DV2015 selectee and I guess there's a forum for that so I urge all DV2015 winners to join that forum so we could also share ideas and help each other out as much as possible.. Thanks