• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Did everyone see this? on web site http://
travel.state.gov
Summary: The National Visa Center
(NVC) will cease collecting original civil
documents in support of immigrant visa
(IV) applications as of November 12,
2014. Most applicants will be required
to submit photocopies of supporting
documents (such as birth, marriage, and
police certificates) and will be instructed
to take their original documents to their
interviews for review. This does not
include Affidavit of Support forms, which
petitioners will still submit to NVC for
initial evaluation. Is it true guys? if so, is this including us(DV Winners)?

This is not applicable to DV applicants, and it should be obvious since DV applicants do not send in their documents ahead of time nor have anything to do with the NVC

Dear Forum members,
I got a birth certificate from one of Addis Ababa's " Kebele". However, originally I am from another region. Can this be a problem during my interview? Does anyone have any experience regarding this?
Thanks for your answer

Dear Forum members,
I got a birth certificate from one of Addis Ababa's " Kebele". However, originally I am from another region. Can this be a problem during my interview? Does anyone have any experience regarding this?
Thanks for your answer
As much as you put the right place of birth on your birth certificate (on 'place of birth' space), there is no problem to have the certificate from addis. I hope you also have 'kebele' ID from addis.

As much as you put the right place of birth on your birth certificate (on 'place of birth' space), there is no problem to have the certificate from addis. I hope you also have 'kebele' ID from addis.
Dear God-Is-Love,

Thank you very much. I have a renewed "Kebele" ID from Addis. I have been using the birth certificate before for other embassy. I don't know about the USA embassy. that is why I put my question here. Thank you very much for your quick answer

alhamdulilah my visa application is approved for all my families me my daughter and my spouse after having a 2 minute very easy interview.
What a great news are you telling us!!
Congra mame.
Please share us your detailed experience.

alhamdulilah my visa application is approved for all my families me my daughter and my spouse after having a 2 minute very easy interview.
Wow, great news. Congrats Mame!!!! Looking forward to hear from you about your interview exprience. Good luck in your future!!!

Congrats mame. I'm happy for you. Hope you will give us some details on your interview before my family appointment next week. Specifically, have you been asked host/sponsor related questions (directly or indirectly)?

Congrats mame. I'm happy for you. Hope you will give us some details on your interview before my family appointment next week. Specifically, have you been asked host/sponsor related questions (directly or indirectly)?
dont even think about sponser they will never ask you. the only important docmunt need from u is about ur acadamic level for more info u can contact me wiz 0912644248

i just arrived at the us embassy gate tewat 1:20 and enter inside. 2) an ethiopian lady gave me a claser to arrange my documents in order passport wiz copy ,1st and 2nd letter,birth cirt wiz copy marriage cert wiz two copy original police cert 10&12 matric paper wiz copy transcript 9- 12wiz copy . for my spouse and daugter birth certeficate, police cer (only for my spouse) , passport and ds.260 confirmation page for three of as. the interview was so simple the co asked only me after my spouse only give ashara the co told her to sit wiz my doughter and start interviewing me 1) have u ever been in other country before 2) what is your highest level education 3) what did u learn in university 4) who is your sponser there? that is all the co ask me and told me my visa application is approved and to pay for my spouse and daughter. totaly i pay 19,800 birr for 3 of as. thats all my interview experience. any question i an pleased to answer. wish u all good luck.

dont even think about sponser they will never ask you. the only important docmunt need from u is about ur acadamic level for more info u can contact me wiz 0912644248

Hmmm.... the post above seems to conflict with point 4 below.

i just arrived at the us embassy gate tewat 1:20 and enter inside. 2) an ethiopian lady gave me a claser to arrange my documents in order passport wiz copy ,1st and 2nd letter,birth cirt wiz copy marriage cert wiz two copy original police cert 10&12 matric paper wiz copy transcript 9- 12wiz copy . for my spouse and daugter birth certeficate, police cer (only for my spouse) , passport and ds.260 confirmation page for three of as. the interview was so simple the co asked only me after my spouse only give ashara the co told her to sit wiz my doughter and start interviewing me 1) have u ever been in other country before 2) what is your highest level education 3) what did u learn in university 4) who is your sponser there? that is all the co ask me and told me my visa application is approved and to pay for my spouse and daughter. totaly i pay 19,800 birr for 3 of as. thats all my interview experience. any question i an pleased to answer. wish u all good luck.

When they ask about the host/sponsor, they are trying to establish if you have one and what is your connection to the sponsor (family or friend or complete stranger).

congrats and thank you Mame