• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

whenever you go for some critical activities (like to get married, to sell houses or cars...), you should present an "unmarried" certificate from local administration (sub cities) to the concerned office. It's just to avoid marriage on marriage and selling of properties without knowledge of the other partner.
But for DV case, it's not a requirement.

Thanks for the explanation, :) I guess like they say, you learn everyday. So an unmarried certificate is something peculiar to Ethiopia (or maybe a few other countries issue that too?). Anyway it's something I've never heard of in all the countries I've lived in spanning over 3 continents (oh yes, I've moved around a bit :p). Anyway, thanks.

Hi God-is-Love and Sm1smom, I just want to clear any possible confusion that may occur due to the last sentence in God-is-Love's post above on our new members of the forum. It is important to note that authenticated marriage certificate be presented for DV interview for married DV lottery winner.
i said there is no need to submit any certificate to show you are unmarried.
If you are married, you need to present authenticated marriage certificate at the time of interview. I think there is no confusion.

Thanks for the explanation, :) I guess like they say, you learn everyday. So an unmarried certificate is something peculiar to Ethiopia (or maybe a few other countries issue that too?). Anyway it's something I've never heard of in all the countries I've lived in spanning over 3 continents (oh yes, I've moved around a bit :p). Anyway, thanks.
Don't know that a certificate for the unmarried exists anywhere in A Africa. why not criminalize illicit marriages instead?

@Sm1smom are you a pilot or a cabin crew ? :D:D

LOL
how about a tourist or a diplomat ?

wait is the rumor true that you used to be ambassador of USA ?? LOL

Yeah the rumor is true. After that I became an Indian student studying law in the US who has now been given the opportunity in this forum to put into practice what I've been learning in my law classes.

Yeah the rumor is true. After that I became an Indian student studying law in the US who has now been given the opportunity in this forum to put into practice what I've been learning in my law classes.
lolll mom you made my night

good day for you and sweet dreams for my self

stay blessed Mrs lawyer !

thank you everybody on this thread for your replay to my questions.I am also one ;is the authentication of the documents is made at the back of the originals or on the copy of the originals.

Are you sure of it.I said this because i go to haromaya univ.and unity said to me it is on the copy.
there is a difference between
authenticated document and certified copy

while authenticating you will use the original document but for a certified copy you photocopy the document and they make sure it is the true copy of the original document by stamping on the back of the copy paper

Guys if I'm not fulfill any thing that I didn't mention....can u help .
1. Medical...done
2.police clearance authentication ..done
3.10&12grade national examination authentication..done
4.birth certificate authenticated ...done
5.9th grade up to 12grade ( transcripts )...done
6.passport ...ready
7.2photos 5mm/5mm...ready
8. Every document copied !
9.first notification letter&second ...ready..also..ds260 confirmation page ..ready....!!!
If I did not fulfill any thing inform me dear brothers&sisters!!!!!

Documents you need to bring to the interview: in addition to the notification letters and confirmation letter
Passport 
Birth certificates
Marriage certificate (if married) 
Divorce certificate (if applicable) 
Medical certificate (provided from an approved physician)  Police certificate  Police certificate from other country (if applicant lived in a different country of nationality for more than 12 months when the applicant was 16 years or older at that time) 
Deportation paper (if applicable) 
Court and Prison records (if applicable) 
Military record (if applicable)
Evidence of required education (certified by National Organization for Examinations) or Work experience 
One photo full face (50mm square) 
DV processing and application fee of $330 USD per applicant

Are you sure of it.I said this because i go to haromaya univ.and unity said to me it is on the copy.
@ZGREAT is right. He put nice explanation.
In addition, certified copies are usually required if you are sending documents to offices which need it; like, when you apply for scholarship they may request certified copies of original documents. I think universities are experienced with this certification process, and high schools and NoE are well experienced with authentication