• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi Friends

I came to US wih my wife and 2 kids; we changed our address in US at the airport(immigration). The person asked me to crosss our the previous address and write the new one. The thing is she has given me my wife's envelop and I changed the address. Since she is the winner I thought it would suffice her address change which could cascade to ours.

Now, my wife's green card came at the 2nd address and our 2 kids' came at the 1st address (unchaged one). Mine disappeared.

We have gone to the social security office after 1 month and filled a new one. We will expect it within 2 weeks.

Lesson 1: change the address in all the envelops at the entrace in US.
Lesson 2: Go to the social security office as soon as you entered in US and fill form (Apply!)
Lesson 3: Read this forum and apply what you read.

Thanks for coming back to share your experience. The assumption is all the derivatives's address would automatically get changed once that of the derivative is changed in the system, but the truth is each GC is seen and treated independent of that of the PA at this stage (although the person who keyed in the changed address should have done so for the entire family). A good lesson for others about not taking things for granted or making assumptions. Ask, ask, ask, and keep asking questions is the key!

Recived my green card after 35 days of entry , time to get settled and make some $$$ ,
Congra bro, you give me jealouse and called 1-800-375-5283 to verify the change of address that CO made at POE.
They are so cooperative and inform me to make online appointment before i showed up thier office not like SSA office . Needed online appointment.
Fyi

Congra bro, you give me jealouse and called 1-800-375-5283 to verify the change of address that CO made at POE.
They are so cooperative and inform me to make online appointment before i showed up thier office not like SSA office . Needed online appointment.
Fyi
Hi @rolex123, that is the best option for you to be sure of what is going on. By the way, if they have the option to go and see them in person, can we say that the USCIS office has branches in every city (area) just like the SSA office?

Hi @rolex123, that is the best option for you to be sure of what is going on. By the way, if they have the option to go and see them in person, can we say that the USCIS office has branches in every city (area) just like the SSA office?

No, USCIS does not have FOs (Field Offices) in every city where one can visit and do a case follow up, it may sometimes require a drive of anywhere between 3 - 5 hours to get to the nearest FO. They however have ASC (Application Support Center) in almost every city, but ASCs do not provide case follow up information, they're basically used for collecting biometrics.

I am. just granted visa and details arenot for later rather now.
i entered to the embassy at 1:40 local time and gave the documents and then became appointed for 7 oclock (in the afternoon) interview .
I arrived 40 Minute before the interview time and paid 6760 ($330 )
interview questions
co; swear to tell the truth
me; swear
co;did u finish 12 Grade
me; yes ofcourse
co; where are u studying
me; university
co: asked me what I am studying
me; I told him the truth which is what I filled at ds260
co; do u have girlfreind
me; no
co; do u have children
me; answered the truth
co; who paid the dv process fee
me; personal saving and some help from family
co; what is ur relation with host
me; close friend
co; do u intend to marry before going usa
me; told the truth
co; visa granted
bytheway unauthenticated birth certificate
e brought me no harm but I personaly advice to authenticate. it as it help not only for the dv but also to pursue carrer in usa in case u are asked the legalityi of the document

i entered to the embassy at 1:40 local time and gave the documents and then became appointed for 7 oclock (in the afternoon) interview .
interview questions
me; swear
co;did u finish 12 Grade
me; yes ofcourse
co; where are u studying
me; university
co; do u have girlfreind
me; no
co; do u have children
me; answered the truth
me; close friend
me; told the truth
co; visa granted
e brought me no harm but I personaly advice to authenticate. it as it help not only for the dv but also to pursue carrer in usa in case u are asked the legalityi of the document[/QUOTE
Dear

@abi328 Congrats my friend!!! I am so glad to hear the good news!!! Thank you very much for sharing of your interview experience so quickly! Good luck to your preparation for the relocation!

Last edited:
interview questions
me; swear
co;did u finish 12 Grade
me; yes ofcourse
co; where are u studying
me; university
co; do u have girlfreind
me; no
co; do u have children
me; answered the truth
me; close friend
me; told the truth
co; visa granted
e brought me no harm but I personaly advice to authenticate. it as it help not only for the dv but also to pursue carrer in usa in case u are asked the legalityi of the document

Bytheway @abi328 you went to the interview without authenticated birth certificate? If you took unauthenticated BC, then why are you advising people to authenticate? I didn't understand this part

Recived my green card after 35 days of entry , time to get settled and make some $$$ ,

Do you need a green card to make $$$? Many ppl are making $$$ without SSN and Green Card. May be you are busy applying online? or working on your driving licence.

If you are planning to do professional jobs, you need to apply online. You may have to write you resume again in the US style and read for interviews.

Otherwise you can just sleep one day after you land US and search for a job the next day. Look for notices "HELP WANTED" and fill applications. Just walk through the city.

interview questions
me; swear
co;did u finish 12 Grade
me; yes ofcourse
co; where are u studying
me; university
co; do u have girlfreind
me; no
co; do u have children
me; answered the truth
me; close friend
me; told the truth
co; visa granted
congratulations!!

u guys u still didn't get me even after explaining in my interview experience post, the good side of authenticating BC evenif I didn't do it. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and if u want we can agree to disagree

@abi328 Congratulations for being lucky. Regarding the point you raised, I already told you that you can not claim examples as a proof and thus I rather humbly accept to "disagree to agree". By the way, you should understand that our objective here is not to prove or disprove but to get 100% success in the forum.

The most important thing for me now is, therefore, to advise and insist forum members waiting for their interview not to be mislead and to get over prepared on everything to avoid any AP during this last interview season.

Abi enjoy reading:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_example

Do you need a green card to make $$$? Many ppl are making $$$ without SSN and Green Card. May be you are busy applying online? or working on your driving licence.

If you are planning to do professional jobs, you need to apply online. You may have to write you resume again in the US style and read for interviews.

Otherwise you can just sleep one day after you land US and search for a job the next day. Look for notices "HELP WANTED" and fill applications. Just walk through the city.
Its good to hear a job searching tip from somebody who was roaring about job scarcity and disaperance of SSN , and why would i do a minimum wage job while am an LPR ?? I was waiting for the SSN and the GC , bcause my current employer wants to check my status on E-verifyer , any ways am working at a big rehablitation centere as a program officer being paid 20 $ per hour (am so thankful for that ) , until i finish my licensure procedure . Its good to have some body who can reccoend you for a job !
Cheers

Its good to hear a job searching tip from somebody who was roaring about job scarcity and disaperance of SSN , and why would i do a minimum wage job while am an LPR ?? I was waiting for the SSN and the GC , bcause my current employer wants to check my status on E-verifyer , any ways am working at a big rehablitation centere as a program officer being paid 20 $ per hour (am so thankful for that ) , until i finish my licensure procedure . Its good to have some body who can reccoend you for a job !
Cheers
Wow Zgreat it nice to hear that you already started working and it seems for me that for the person who is just arrived, your $$$ is very good. Glad to hear that you are doing great!!!