• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@rolex123 Thank u so much for the phone # and @Fikir12 yeah the begining seems nice and will definitely share my experience even if there is nothing new about the interview that we did not heard before but one thing I noticed is that the CO already decided to grant a visa after we drop our document in the morning so if that's, the case the interview only took less than 5min with the,same easy questions like which university u attended, field u studied, who paid ur visa fee ,relationship with ur host, do u have a bf/gf and if ur,answer is yes/no the Co will ask the that if u intend to get married before u go to the states then followed by the yellow slip and a congratulations. so far this was my interview experience the Co 's are more polite than the other workers #just saying btw I feel really sad to observed those who get denied because they did not fit with education or work experience or, I also were having a talk with one guy who get denied Cuz he fill his kid on the 2nd form which was sad anyways @Fikir12 I don't think anybody who was in this forum will get denied since we shared experience and the,documents we have to take so Don't worry and good luck btw when is ur interview?

well come to our world forum mate and it is time to ask our seniors the question how many. days from the date of visa approval will be passed to have an email notification from Dhl that asks to pick up the visa
We received exactly 10 days after the interview day.

@rolex123 Thank u so much for the phone # and @Fikir12 yeah the begining seems nice and will definitely share my experience even if there is nothing new about the interview that we did not heard before but one thing I noticed is that the CO already decided to grant a visa after we drop our document in the morning so if that's, the case the interview only took less than 5min with the,same easy questions like which university u attended, field u studied, who paid ur visa fee ,relationship with ur host, do u have a bf/gf and if ur,answer is yes/no the Co will ask the that if u intend to get married before u go to the states then followed by the yellow slip and a congratulations. so far this was my interview experience the Co 's are more polite than the other workers #just saying btw I feel really sad to observed those who get denied because they did not fit with education or work experience or, I also were having a talk with one guy who get denied Cuz he fill his kid on the 2nd form which was sad anyways @Fikir12 I don't think anybody who was in this forum will get denied since we shared experience and the,documents we have to take so Don't worry and good luck btw when is ur interview?

Dear @the251 thank you very much for your information and interview experience. You are right joining this forum helps a lot and I am so great full to be the member of this forum. Our interview will be on 8th (Monday), we have left 4 days. It is really sad for those who are denied b/se of luck of information. Best of luck for those of us who are going to have the interview in the future!!!

Dear @the251 thank you very much for your information and interview experience. You are right joining this forum helps a lot and I am so great full to be the member of this forum. Our interview will be on 8th (Monday), we have left 4 days. It is really sad for those who are denied b/se of luck of information. Best of luck for those of us who are going to have the interview in the future!!!
You are next _ Good luck bro!

as u remember my interview was on june 1 and when I checked my visa status on ceac website on june 3 it was on AP but on 4 it sayed "issued"
thus. I think I will get dhl email notiffication by the coming monday

@ZGREAT tnx but the guy who works at DHL office( Leghar branch) told to my wife that she needs to register online and pay the fee( 3000 little more) within 24 hours at Abyssinia Bank. From this thread I don't see such thing. If I am wrong correct me. Thank you.
I did about DHL courier to my wife at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/iv because she got the following email.
" Dear Sir/Madam,
This is regarding your immigrant visa application for diversity visa (DV). Appointment letters have already been sent to applicants scheduled to be interviewed in July 2015. These applicants are required to complete their appointment registration at usvisa-info.com PRIOR to their scheduled appointment dates.

Starting on April 01, 2015, the US Embassy in Ethiopia has implemented new processes for all immigrant visa applicants, including DV applicants. These changes will require applicants to schedule their appointments at usvisa-info.com PRIOR TO THEIR APPOINTMENT DATES. Please note that applicants without appointments registered at usvisa-info.com will NOT be granted access into the Embassy. For more information regarding these changes please visit http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/pre-interview-registration-requirement.html

On behalf of the US Consular Section,
CSC Customer Contact Team

I don't get it ; what kind of 3000,birr are we talking about and is it even dv related ? what I know is that u register ur courier prior to interview at usvisa-info.com and pay 50 birr to DHL when u pick up ur visa from their office

@abi328 I think the guy told to my wife wrong info. But as far as I know the only payment regarding DV is $320 dollar or equivalent Ethio birr and $165 to USCIS after visa granted. Am I correct?

@abi328 I think the guy told to my wife wrong info. But as far as I know the only payment regarding DV is $320 dollar or equivalent Ethio birr and $165 to USCIS after visa granted. Am I correct?
@great2meetu, yes these are the only payment we made. There is no additional cents to pay anywhere (all DHL cost is included in the visa payment $320). I don't also know the 50birr @abi328 was referring. Payment at Abssinya Bank is an old story that was practised some years back for the visa payment. The guy who informed your wife knows a very outdated information.

@ZGREAT tnx but the guy who works at DHL office( Leghar branch) told to my wife that she needs to register online and pay the fee( 3000 little more) within 24 hours at Abyssinia Bank. From this thread I don't see such thing. If I am wrong correct me. Thank you.
I did about DHL courier to my wife at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/iv because she got the following email.
" Dear Sir/Madam,
This is regarding your immigrant visa application for diversity visa (DV). Appointment letters have already been sent to applicants scheduled to be interviewed in July 2015. These applicants are required to complete their appointment registration at usvisa-info.com PRIOR to their scheduled appointment dates.

Starting on April 01, 2015, the US Embassy in Ethiopia has implemented new processes for all immigrant visa applicants, including DV applicants. These changes will require applicants to schedule their appointments at usvisa-info.com PRIOR TO THEIR APPOINTMENT DATES. Please note that applicants without appointments registered at usvisa-info.com will NOT be granted access into the Embassy. For more information regarding these changes please visit http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/pre-interview-registration-requirement.html

On behalf of the US Consular Section,
CSC Customer Contact Team
He is talking about non imigrant visa application , just register online using the link its an easy procedure