• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

Did my medicals today. On the phone they said the small children did not need a blod test, but indeed they did and with a lot of screaming. The medicals were organised in stations. First there was a local government official checking our vaccination records. I had forgot to write my name on the main one so she proceeded to accuse me founding someone else's. Anyway a nurse took over and decided I needed second shot of MMR, and so did one of the boys. Next station was weighing, then blod test for kids, first they would not allow any parent to be present when the toddlers had blod drawn which terrified the4 year old. Anyway I negotiated it down to one parent present. Lots of howling. Next urine test, then medical interview, like did you ever smoke, have you ever fantasised about killing your self, have you ever hurt someone etc., blod pressure, then ultra sound of liver and stomach, followed by EKG, eye examination and missing vaccinations. Kind of high stress through out.

Did my medicals today. On the phone they said the small children did not need a blod test, but indeed they did and with a lot of screaming. The medicals were organised in stations. First there was a local government official checking our vaccination records. I had forgot to write my name on the main one so she proceeded to accuse me founding someone else's. Anyway a nurse took over and decided I needed second shot of MMR, and so did one of the boys. Next station was weighing, then blod test for kids, first they would not allow any parent to be present when the toddlers had blod drawn which terrified the4 year old. Anyway I negotiated it down to one parent present. Lots of howling. Next urine test, then medical interview, like did you ever smoke, have you ever fantasised about killing your self, have you ever hurt someone etc., blod pressure, then ultra sound of liver and stomach, followed by EKG, eye examination and missing vaccinations. Kind of high stress through out.
And x ray of adults. Forgot to mentioned a skin examination ?

Crikey, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. I'm horrified about the medical costs in the US but at least you get treated like a valued client as opposed to livestock...

Glad that is over for you.

Wow. Sorry to hear it was so stressful.
Our kids did not have blood drawn, though they did say the site of the TB scratch test was painful.

Were your kids also given the TB skin test?

Wow. Sorry to hear it was so stressful.
Our kids did not have blood drawn, though they did say the site of the TB scratch test was painful.
Thank you. The doctor noted that my heart rate was elevated, I was like no kidding!

Crikey, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. I'm horrified about the medical costs in the US but at least you get treated like a valued client as opposed to livestock...

Glad that is over for you.

Yes I do hope that's the end of it. Hopefully I can pick up on Friday.

Finally figured out how to organise passport return via CGI, which is the contractor of the us consulate. The way you are supposed to do is to establish a profile and then choose a bank branch of Citic bank, where I have to collect the passports after the consulate hopefully issue our visas. Problem was that in order to establish a profile one has to enter a priority date, but DV does not operate with that. Multiple calks and emails later I have come to realise that CGI does not and will not understand that DV has no priority date. Anyway I just made up a date and vola profile established, I selected the bank closest to our house for retrieving passports and printed out bar odes for each family member passport.

I suspect this is some kind of Kobayshi Maru scenario KFC has placed in the DV program.

No they did not have this available.

That's the reason for the blood draw. You guys were given the interferon gamma release assays (IGRA) TB test in place of the skin test. The positive aspect of this test is that the kids will not have to cope with struggling to not touch or scratch an itchy skin test site or go back for a reading.

That's the reason for the blood draw. You guys were given the interferon gamma release assays (IGRA) TB test in place of the skin test. The positive aspect of this test is that the kids will not have to cope with struggling to not touch or scratch an itchy skin test site or go back for a reading.
Yes that's a good point. Hope they did not forget anything.

Got up 6am this morning, unheard, went down and picked up me medical report in a sealed envelope. Got a copy too, so I guess I'm ok. Quick turnaround time 48 hours.

Well here we are. No jump for eu in September actually no movement at all. It would seem that what britsimon and others said in the very beginning came true that eu would max out around cn 40K. I'm a glad to have made it so far, pending interview, but also sad that so many other high cn seem not to have made the cut.

This year we have seen a stronger than usual demand in most visa categories and even retrogression of cut off dates. However i do suspect that there may be a revision in the next VB for September, but not by much.

Well here we are. No jump for eu in September actually no movement at all. It would seem that what britsimon and others said in the very beginning came true that eu would max out around cn 40K. I'm a glad to have made it so far, pending interview, but also sad that so many other high cn seem not to have made the cut.

This year we have seen a stronger than usual demand in most visa categories and even retrogression of cut off dates. However i do suspect that there may be a revision in the next VB for September, but not by much.

Yeah agreed. I am expecting a small revision (possibly in the next few days) for EU, OC and SA. Then there might be a small adjustment in the September VB - but that is a longshot.

FYI - I was always expecting a final for EU in the low forties - so 40 to 45. Whilst 40150 is technically in my range - I would much rather see it higher in that range....

Yeah agreed. I am expecting a small revision (possibly in the next few days) for EU, OC and SA. Then there might be a small adjustment in the September VB - but that is a longshot.

FYI - I was always expecting a final for EU in the low forties - so 40 to 45. Whilst 40150 is technically in my range - I would much rather see it higher in that range....

Yes indeed you did. This was my prediction from June 2013 and it turned out to be pretty accurate, unfortunately.

"Now the cut off depends on how many case numbers the process consumes per visa. This varies as some don't show up some don't do their paper work some die and some change plans.

So for the ongoing 2013 process we could assume that the DOS likes to process the same number of visa per month as their resources are static. This would in average mean 1291 visas per month. Thus the process should, including June, have produced 11625 visas. We know that June cut off is 31000. In other words the visa to case ratio is so far 11625/31000: 0,375. This means that it takes in average 2,667 case numbers to generate 1 visa so far. Thus it would take 41333 case numbers to fill the assumed eu quota (16500).

With a 5 percent s uncertainty the top range of case numbers getting visa would b between 39266 and 43399"

hi , is there hope for 46,000? when thay can call us ? thnx

Very little hope at this point. I am thinking there might be a small adjustment for OC and SA and possibly EU - but it wouldn't be such a large jump to get to 46k. Sorry....