Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

Don't worry, I heard somewhere that not everybody gets an Approval Notice Sent LUD before getting their GC in the mail.

Also, the welcome letter says that you can expect your GC in 3 weeks, should be shorter.

Sit tight and enjoy the weekend!

Hello, ilovethe80s!!!! We've got it today!!!! Yay:D:D:D
FINALLY!!!! Such a long journey is over :)
GC came in mail today, oh my GOD, can't beleive it :D!!!!
Now we r releived completly!!!
I guess yours came as well ;)
Let me now!

Hello, ilovethe80s!!!! We've got it today!!!! Yay:D:D:D
FINALLY!!!! Such a long journey is over :)
GC came in mail today, oh my GOD, can't beleive it :D!!!!
Now we r releived completly!!!
I guess yours came as well ;)
Let me now!

CONGRATS!!! I'm very happy for.......(tada!).....both of us -- I got mine in the mail today too!!

What a great day to get it -- it's hubby's and my 5th wedding anniversary!

Now I can get a good night's sleep....and a flight home! Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BlueSky and I lovethe80's After reading this post I think you should meet together because everything to you guys happend the same day just a coulple of hours of diference.

Well i had my interview and they checked for file review.

She said congratulations but before we make a decision we need to review your case, she didn't take my passport, I-94, EAD, or anything similar, after she said it is normal procedure. Then she gave me a paper marked as.

Your case is being held for file review in order to prepare a decision. You will be advised by mail as to a decision on your application. No additional information is necessary from you at this time, however, if upon further review, additional information or evidence is required, you will receive a notice in the mail. Please respond to any requests in a timely manner. Failure to do so will result in denial of your application. Please allow 60 days from today's date before making an inquiry on your case.

has any of you has recieve something similar?

did anybody was given a paper masked as at the similar one above? and what happen after?

What do you think of

Hey BlueSky and I lovethe80's After reading this post I think you should meet together because everything to you guys happend the same day just a coulple of hours of diference.

She said congratulations but before we make a decision we need to review your case, she didn't take my passport, I-94, EAD, or anything similar, after she said it is normal procedure. Then she gave me a paper marked as.

Your case is being held for file review in order to prepare a decision. You will be advised by mail as to a decision on your application. No additional information is necessary from you at this time, however, if upon further review, additional information or evidence is required, you will receive a notice in the mail. Please respond to any requests in a timely manner. Failure to do so will result in denial of your application. Please allow 60 days from today's date before making an inquiry on your case.

did anybody was given a paper masked as at the similar one above? and what happen after?

In my case, there wasn't any letter handed to us during the interview. Everything was verbal. All the best to you. Don't worry, it'll come. It took us a month after the interview to get a "card production ordered" update. So be patient, though it sucks to wait! :(

I saw a couples forum where some applicants have received the letter I got for file review and then have been waiting as well, though they were recent applicants that has just been interviewed 20th and 31th of march 2009. So they haven't received any updates.

I hope they can update something

I am in the same situation as yours. After my interview was over, the officer handed me a letter saying "application is in process for further review". when i asked what is next step, she said "we will contact you through mail".

After that my ead and ap got approved on 03/25 .. received my ap in mail but ead is still no show. Does ead mail take longer than AP?

Yes sometimes it takes long, Like I lovethe80's said she had to wait for a month before she received the Card Production Order, even though her AOS didn't give her any notice like our AOS gave us.

It will be a month after your interview maybe you will get some update in the next 10 days.

Where is your case? main is at the Federal plaza, NY

What do you think of

Hello, Co.ador! Well, the officer didn't give us any paper or letter with the "further review" notice.
The only thing she said was "u'll get the decision by mail in 30 days" or within 30 days (I even don't remember). So, our interview was on March 10th, GC in mail on March 23rd, less then 30 days.
As for your case I think that you don't have to worry, just need to wait:( I know it sucks. (A LOT) but what can you do, that's the way they do this stuff.
Plus, u said she congradulated you, so I guess that is a good sign. In our case she even didn't say that.

you girls are so cheering people, Thank you for the enconrage I hope everything goes well and end soon. you know girls it really sucks to wait...

and I hope everybody within this situation come out with good results, I just sometimes don't know what can happen.

you girls are so cheering people, Thank you for the enconrage I hope everything goes well and end soon. you know girls it really sucks to wait...

and I hope everybody within this situation come out with good results, I just sometimes don't know what can happen.

Easier said than done, but try to distract yourself, live one day at a time, get busy, plan something with your family and friends, take a short drive on the weekends, read a really exciting book/s, imagine that you're on a mental vacation and you are not allowed to think, only to recharge, learn new recipes, take a different route on your way to work, teach your dog a new trick..... Whatever you do, don't replay the interview in your head, it's over, you've done your part, all you can do is wait. don't beat yourself up. just find new things to discover and enjoy. before you know it, it's there.

All the best.

(In our case, we were told to follow up if we hadn't heard from them in 3 MONTHS! so at least you got a Congratulations. we did not.)

The paper that was given to us said that within 60 days a decision was going to be made.

You are right it is easier said than done, I have been trying to get busy by working as much as I can so I can get distracted, but it is very strong almost not to have a decision right there is like an addiction to start thinking over and over again over it, I am tented to come to the forum or to the www.uscis.gov to check my status every time I get a chance to come home. To see if you guys have written to me or if the status has change in the uscis web site. I think there is nothing left than being patient and wait for any updates in the mail or uscis site.

Where was your case held girls?

The paper that was given to us said that within 60 days a decision was going to be made.

You are right it is easier said than done, I have been trying to get busy by working as much as I can so I can get distracted, but it is very strong almost not to have a decision right there is like an addiction to start thinking over and over again over it, I am tented to come to the forum or to the www.uscis.gov to check my status every time I get a chance to come home. To see if you guys have written to me or if the status has change in the uscis web site. I think there is nothing left than being patient and wait for any updates in the mail or uscis site.

We live in Denver, Colorado and were interviewed here. What made put my case "on-hold" was because I had an employment-based petition filed for me in 2003 but was denied in 2005, and appeal was denied in 2007 -- filed at the Nebraska Service Center. The interviewing officer told us that she had to get those files from Nebraska and consolidate them with the petition filed by my husband, BEFORE she can make a decision. She wanted to make sure that I wasn't sent a Notice to Appear after my employment-based petition was denied. Anyway, she said that it takes two weeks for the Nebraska Service Center to send a file. So then I asked her if we should follow up after two weeks. To which she responded, "follow up if you have not heard from us in 3 months." Yes, 3 MONTHS.

So then, I told myself I will get busy for the next 3 months and see what happens. I don't even have a job, so can you just imagine all the free time I have thinking of all the worst possible scenarios in my head :( -- not pretty at all. I focused on what I had at the time, and not what I was waiting for. I had an EAD so I know, at least, I am able to look for a job. I focused on looking for one (again). I temporarily put the job-hunting on-hold when I got the interview letter. So while I was busy looking, one day, I got the "card production ordered" email! And I was relieved. Then 12 days later, got the GC in the mail, then I was happy. I booked a flight home right there (haven't been home in 4 years).

Take care, and get a massage or something. Hang in there.

Again and again, please DON'T WORRY (I know it's easy to say that when u're done, but still) it'll be over soon, I'm pretty sure!!!
BTW I didn't mention it, but after our interview was over and "no decision made" or said, u can imagine how we were confused :eek: cause usually IO told people "you are approved" or something like that "everything seems to be good" and blah blah. Ok. So we called our lawyer (she didn't come with us to the interview, there was no need in that, just helped us with filling the forms and stuff) to tell her about the interview, that no decision was made.
Now comes the most "interesting" part, she said to us: "Guys, I'm sorry, but that means that IO didn't beleive you, and they gonna investigate, they will check your marriage to be real!!!" Can you believe that???
That was like the most stressfull day in our life!!! We were shocked...:(
But then the same day I found this forum, read some posts and decided to ask people about "no decision" case, and knew that NOW they don't tell you about their decision at the end of interview, that it's a common thing:)
Next day checked the uscic website to see the status of our case (card production ordered, even still the same ;) )
Only after GC came in mail we were RELIEVED completley, cause the fear of "investigation" was still in our mind (thanks to the lawyer:mad:)
I hope my story will help you and others in the same situation who's reading this thread to relax a little bit.
oh, almost forgot, we live in Atlanta, GA and had our interview here in Atlanta :)
Best regards and please let us know about any updates!!!

Thank you Ilovethe80's and Bluesky you guys are helping me a lot.

I will let you know of any updates, I appriciate both of you cheering me and giving me hopes.

I will hang in there and I will won't worry either.

Hey Ilovethe80's now that you mention that you had the following experience

"She wanted to make sure that I wasn't sent a notice to appear after my employment-based petition was denied"

I had a Employment-based Petition, which they asked for a lot of documentation that at that time I couldn't summit in. I was in the obligation t hat had to leave it because I couldn't fullfill the requirement documentation.

I had a similar situation as well now that I remember.

Per suggestion of co.ador, I have decided to post my case here from another thread:

I'd like to hear an opinion as to how to proceed further with my case. My interview was on March 4th in Milwaukee. The interview went very smooth, it was short, the lady immigration officer was very pleasant and forthcoming, and we've been basically told to be approved, but since two fingerprints did not work (sweaty hands) we've been told to provide police clearance letters. As soon as these arrive, we've been told, the Green Card will then be issued. Not a problem, we obtained these in the next two days (clean police records, of course) and sent them to the said immigration officer so they should have been there by March 10th or so.

My concern now is that I have not received a single letter (Welcome letter), NOA, nor a Green Card now almost a full month since the interview? I even sent additional letter to the same address inquiring about the results last week to no avail? What would you suggest? Should I schedule an infopass (and if I do, should I schedule it in regards to "Never received a Permanent Residence Card" or "Case status that was filed")? Call a toll-free number offered on the site? I have no idea as to what is going on, but cannot believe my bad luck to be fretting now after everything went so smooth during the interview. My case status online is also still dated to Dec. 12th 08 when the case was still "pending". If anyone has experienced similar thing or has an advice, please help!

I love you all guys I got approved and for those who don't know my story read the post on these thread and you should all get some courage!!!

The best for all you!!!

I will always be do my best to be here cheering the people who need it.

I got Approved and don't panic you will too.

Love you all

Thank you girls for the courage you gave me and to all of you who cheered me.

Oshkosh you will be fine as well as all of your cases that still pending...

so I had my interview today. It went good, no weird questions. We got sworn in, then the IO started with the questions towards my husband (USC) about 8 of them. She asked for my passports and then asked me about 4 questions about our relationship and then about 10 of the yes or no questions. After she asked for pics, we gave her 3 albums, she scanned the pics and took 3. The only documents she asked for was our joint assets .She then asked 2 questions about the co-sponser and then she wrote in my passport- " interviewed 4/6/2009. A#...... pending: I485 Adjustment of status" She then said you will receive my decision in the mail within a couple of weeks. What do you think that means. I'm not worried now because it seem to have went smooth to us, but should I be worried? does that mean STOKES. She gave no indication to her decision. Her demeanor and facial expression was hard to read. Please give me your thoughts.