Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

I love you all guys I got approved and for those who don't know my story read the post on these thread and you should all get some courage!!!

The best for all you!!!

I will always be do my best to be here cheering the people who need it.

I got Approved and don't panic you will too.

Love you all

Thank you girls for the courage you gave me and to all of you who cheered me.

Oshkosh you will be fine as well as all of your cases that still pending...

Congratulations and thank you for the support. I have received my EAD even way back in the late December of last year and like I said I've been told to be approved, but I have not received anything in mail since the interview on March 4th. :(

I love you all guys I got approved and for those who don't know my story read the post on these thread and you should all get some courage!!!

The best for all you!!!

I will always be do my best to be here cheering the people who need it.

I got Approved and don't panic you will too.

Love you all

Thank you girls for the courage you gave me and to all of you who cheered me.

Oshkosh you will be fine as well as all of your cases that still pending...

Congrats co.ador! I'm so very happy for you!

Yes, share the love and visit the forum even with your green card, so you can cheer people up. I am trying to do just that and make others feel less worried (hopefully). It sucks to wait, and I would like to think that we're all in this together.

Enjoy!

I am in the same situation as yours. After my interview was over, the officer handed me a letter saying "application is in process for further review". when i asked what is next step, she said "we will contact you through mail".

After that my ead and ap got approved on 03/25 .. received my ap in mail but ead is still no show. Does ead mail take longer than AP?

Hang in there syapru. It'll be your turn next.

Congratulations and thank you for the support. I have received my EAD even way back in the late December of last year and like I said I've been told to be approved, but I have not received anything in mail since the interview on March 4th. :(

Oshkosh, be patient, get busy, do the crossword.... it'll come....

It will come for sure, They will never let anybody hangin!!

I think the people from the USCIS just want to proof everything is bonafide so Oshkosh Fight for it we are here to help you and if you have to go for infopass or any way to demostrate them your marry is bonafide "bonafide do it that's what they want to see!!

Keep it up guys!!!

Thank you Ilovethe80's and Oshkosh you guys are unique and I think we are all together here and we should all support eachother come here everybody from september filers my partner, octubers filers who went through this process fast, november and december to support all of those who need some cheering.

Love you all.

It will come for sure, They will never let anybody hangin!!

I think the people from the USCIS just want to proof everything is bonafide so Oshkosh Fight for it we are here to help you and if you have to go for infopass or any way to demostrate them your marry is bonafide "bonafide do it that's what they want to see!!

Keep it up guys!!!

Thank you Ilovethe80's and Oshkosh you guys are unique and I think we are all together here and we should all support eachother come here everybody from september filers my partner, octubers filers who went through this process fast, november and december to support all of those who need some cheering.

Love you all.

Thank you guys very much for the support, it really does mean a lot to me at this time. As far as I could tell the immigration officer was very friendly and she knew right away marriage is bone fide, I mean we've brought so much supporting material which she did not even bother to look at. I also work as an RN in the state system, it's not like I ever did anything illegal or that either one of us doesn't have impeccable background. The thing that bothers me the most was that everything seemed so perfect (I mean basically she told us straightforward after 10-min. interview that we're approved) and then there's absolutely no news for a whole month now. However, like you guys said it's only left to wait and if nothing comes around this week, I am definitely going to schedule the infopass for the next week. Congratulations to all of you who have had the good news and I can't wait to join you guys.

Hello there!
I started a thread a little while ago about our interview with no final decision, but i thought i would write in this thread as well.

Our interview was on feb 24th and still no news at all neither in the mail nor online, absolutly nothing.
During the interview she didn't take my employment authorization card, or my travel documents, nor my I-94. Actually at first she took my I-94, stapled it to her file and at the end unstapled it and gave it back me...
Also during the interview she lied to us, at some point another man came in and asked her to come help him on another case, and they left us alone for about what seemed like 15 minutes, then when she came back she said "sorry the computer system is down we had to fix it" (seriously...???).
Then she left another time and came back with another lady who asked us some other questions, it was just all very confusing.
At the end of the interview, that's when she gave the I-94 back to me, she said "we'll let you our decision by mail"

Yesterday I went to see the lawyer who helped us file the forms (she just helped with filing the form, that's it, we didn't hire her to handle our case), and she told me that she thinks they will send us a letter requesting more evidences and / or giving us a second interview.
In our case, the thing is that we were not well prepared for the interview at all, it was very stupid of us but we didn't think they would give us any problems, so we were missing "paper" evidences. We had tons of photos of us when we were on trips for instance and with both our families in the U.S. as well as in my country, france, and copies of our tickets to our anniversary trip to Hawaii that was coming up. Somehow we thought that it would be enough, and took it for granted...so stupid i know...
The other thing is that my husband has his taxes at his dad's adress, so of course that looked really bad :(
We should have really met with the lawyer before the interview that way she would have prepared us, we had no idea...
The lawyer said they can't just deny us right now, she said to just wait for something to come in the mail, that it can take up to 60 days after the interview date for anything to show up in the mail. Then after 60 days if nothing comes, she said to schedule an infopass to see what's going on.
She said they might as well approve us if they ended up believing us despites the lack of "paper" evidence. But honestly i doubt it cause the interview felt so messy and confusing.
I told her that i heard about people who had to wait years after their interview to have any news, she told me that those cases are when people have been arrested and things like that, so in our case there is no worry about that.
Also I will definitly go see her again before making any other move if we receive a letter and / or if we have a second interview.
So now we're waiting, waiting, hoping, hoping... I'll keep you posted! Thanks all for sharing your experiences :)

we are in a same boat ...

Hello,

I applied for my wife and son's Green Card Aug 2008.
We went to the Newark, NJ field office for an Interview Last week of Jan 09
and the officer was little harsh and took all the docs and etc, finally he also took their I-94 cards and said "we are approving your case and you will get your welcome letter in the mail in 2 weeks and Green Card in 3-4 weeks, but it has been close to 10+ weeks but we have nothing,
no welcome letter or Green Cards.

When I check the I-485 status it still says "Case is Pending..."
We took an infopass and officer at the infopass window didn't give us any info. She simply said,

"the officer who interviewed you hasn't approved the case yet and if you don't hear from us in 6 months (from the date of interview) come and see us, till then we can't do anything at all, now you have a good day and bye"

I have no idea if/when we will get the cards, this is bad ..my issues if officer is not going approve the case, why he said, he approved it and we will get the GC in 3-4 weeks?

We are planning a Visit abroad and I am not sure what to do now, they don't have I-94 cards and no Green Cards stamping, not sure what to do next.
Any way, we can't do anything now, just wait till July and go and ask them again and plan our trip after that ...

Thanks,
bkarth

Hello there!
I started a thread a little while ago about our interview with no final decision, but i thought i would write in this thread as well.

Our interview was on feb 24th and still no news at all neither in the mail nor online, absolutly nothing.
During the interview she didn't take my employment authorization card, or my travel documents, nor my I-94. Actually at first she took my I-94, stapled it to her file and at the end unstapled it and gave it back me...
Also during the interview she lied to us, at some point another man came in and asked her to come help him on another case, and they left us alone for about what seemed like 15 minutes, then when she came back she said "sorry the computer system is down we had to fix it" (seriously...???).
Then she left another time and came back with another lady who asked us some other questions, it was just all very confusing.
At the end of the interview, that's when she gave the I-94 back to me, she said "we'll let you our decision by mail"

Yesterday I went to see the lawyer who helped us file the forms (she just helped with filing the form, that's it, we didn't hire her to handle our case), and she told me that she thinks they will send us a letter requesting more evidences and / or giving us a second interview.
In our case, the thing is that we were not well prepared for the interview at all, it was very stupid of us but we didn't think they would give us any problems, so we were missing "paper" evidences. We had tons of photos of us when we were on trips for instance and with both our families in the U.S. as well as in my country, france, and copies of our tickets to our anniversary trip to Hawaii that was coming up. Somehow we thought that it would be enough, and took it for granted...so stupid i know...
The other thing is that my husband has his taxes at his dad's adress, so of course that looked really bad :(
We should have really met with the lawyer before the interview that way she would have prepared us, we had no idea...
The lawyer said they can't just deny us right now, she said to just wait for something to come in the mail, that it can take up to 60 days after the interview date for anything to show up in the mail. Then after 60 days if nothing comes, she said to schedule an infopass to see what's going on.
She said they might as well approve us if they ended up believing us despites the lack of "paper" evidence. But honestly i doubt it cause the interview felt so messy and confusing.
I told her that i heard about people who had to wait years after their interview to have any news, she told me that those cases are when people have been arrested and things like that, so in our case there is no worry about that.
Also I will definitly go see her again before making any other move if we receive a letter and / or if we have a second interview.
So now we're waiting, waiting, hoping, hoping... I'll keep you posted! Thanks all for sharing your experiences :)

The day less expected you will receive something...

Waiting sucks but sometimes that's the only way we have left.

Keep it up guys

I've got my welcome notice in mail today! Like co.ador and others stated earlier, you just have to be patient for a little bit more. One big Thank You to all of the guys & girls that showed so much support and good luck to the rest of you! The good news indeed will come when you least expect it!

;)

I've got my welcome notice in mail today! Like co.ador and others stated earlier, you just have to be patient for a little bit more. One big Thank You to all of the guys & girls that showed so much support and good luck to the rest of you! The good news indeed will come when you least expect it!

;)

So happy to hear this! Congrats Oshkosh!

To all the others still waiting, yes, you'll get yours too. Don't focus on the waiting too much, we all had to do it. Your roller coaster ride will be over some time soon too.

Hello,

I applied for my wife and son's Green Card Aug 2008.
We went to the Newark, NJ field office for an Interview Last week of Jan 09
and the officer was little harsh and took all the docs and etc, finally he also took their I-94 cards and said "we are approving your case and you will get your welcome letter in the mail in 2 weeks and Green Card in 3-4 weeks, but it has been close to 10+ weeks but we have nothing,
no welcome letter or Green Cards.

When I check the I-485 status it still says "Case is Pending..."
We took an infopass and officer at the infopass window didn't give us any info. She simply said,

"the officer who interviewed you hasn't approved the case yet and if you don't hear from us in 6 months (from the date of interview) come and see us, till then we can't do anything at all, now you have a good day and bye"

I have no idea if/when we will get the cards, this is bad ..my issues if officer is not going approve the case, why he said, he approved it and we will get the GC in 3-4 weeks?

We are planning a Visit abroad and I am not sure what to do now, they don't have I-94 cards and no Green Cards stamping, not sure what to do next.
Any way, we can't do anything now, just wait till July and go and ask them again and plan our trip after that ...

Thanks,
bkarth

Just to share our experience, during our interview, the officer gave me my EAD, but took my I-94. No decision that day either, but got my "card production ordered" message after one month. However, I don't know what taking-the-I94 means exactly, good news or more waiting, who knows. Just sharing my experience for your reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the thread for those who are out of hope...

This thread will serve for those who really are down and hopeless. Once again patient plays an important part for those who fall into this category of "pending cases after interview" I am so happy for you Oshkosh! and for all of you who waited for a whole month or more waiting for approval.... Congratulations to Ilovethe80's and you Oshkosh! Who has been the ones that has waited more than any other....

and to all of you who still waiting keep reading our experiences as a form for courage!!!

Like Ilovethe80's and Oshkosh!

The day least expected the good news will come that your roller coaster ride will be over some time soon too.

Me and my husband had an interview April 9th. It was three hours. We were questions separately, first him, then me, then him, then me and then together.It was such a stressful experience. We were not asked questions but to tell stories. Our stories matched. At the end, we were asked questions. We had different answers to two questions after all we answered in three hours. At the end we were given, " file for further review. decision within 180 days".

My I-94 and EAD were not taken. Is this normal? My LUD was 3/16/2009, so no updates after the interview. I do not know what to think. It is extremely stressful. We can not sleep.

Are there differences between you and your spouse as far as ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, etc are concerned? It seems USCIS is suspicious of the marriage.

so no updates after the interview. I do not know what to think. It is extremely stressful. We can not sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my husband had an interview April 9th. It was three hours. We were questions separately, first him, then me, then him, then me and then together.It was such a stressful experience. We were not asked questions but to tell stories. Our stories matched. At the end, we were asked questions. We had different answers to two questions after all we answered in three hours. At the end we were given, " file for further review. decision within 180 days".

My I-94 and EAD were not taken. Is this normal? My LUD was 3/16/2009, so no updates after the interview. I do not know what to think. It is extremely stressful. We can not sleep.

Your case is similar to me, we had at least 5 questions inconsistent with each other. At the end, I was given a piece of paper showing "The Service has determined that there is another immigration file that must be obtained and reviewed before your case can be adjudicated". I dont know what to do either... Thank co.ador again for answering questions last night.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. That must be hellacious. Our interview was not even close to that, and I thought it was excruciating as it was. Don't lose hope. You've already done your part in the process. All you have to do is wait. Don't let it have too much power over you. Believe me, I know what you are feeling. When I was in limbo, I literally would stay up all night, sometimes, out of breath because of panic attacks. I felt out of control, hopeless, frustrated, angry, all at the same time. Take a deep breath, focus on what you have right now. In my case, I knew I had my EAD, so I focused on looking for a job (My H1B visa lapsed so I didn't have a job during the entire I-485 process), so i can distract myself. Keep your head up.

keep it up

i have a question if they took some documents as a proof for your marriage such as marriage certificate, lease, bill statements, bank statements, pictures, passport copies, etc then you are good. if they didn't take any of that you will possibly be schedule for a stokes interview which you will have to prepare very well if that the case.

Keep it up, Waiting sucks