Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

Hi, ilovethe80s, NOPE, didn't get any updates :cool:
Let's see what's gonna be next week ;)
Fingers crossed :)
That would be a long journey, finally to get that "golden" card! Now it's much better, I mean waiting for it coming to your mail. it's not the same as waiting and not knowing what's going to be the result!
Let us know about your updates ;)

Hi BlueSky09 -- just want to tell you that I got another LUD today, dated March 16th 2009, but with the same message, "card production ordered." I know it's typical to get several LUDs (I did too for my EAD months ago) with the same message, I just thought I'd update you.

Take care.

Hi BlueSky09 -- just want to tell you that I got another LUD today, dated March 16th 2009, but with the same message, "card production ordered." I know it's typical to get several LUDs (I did too for my EAD months ago) with the same message, I just thought I'd update you.

Take care.

Hi, ilovethe80s Today on March 16th, we've received 2 letters from uscis in mail!!! I-485 approved (welcome letter) and I-130 approved!!! Yay!!! :D
I checked online it shows same "card production ordered", so I assume it can always show same status, u'll just get updates in mail as well as a card itself :rolleyes:
Don't forget to check your mailbox!!! ;)

Hi, ilovethe80s Today on March 16th, we've received 2 letters from uscis in mail!!! I-485 approved (welcome letter) and I-130 approved!!! Yay!!! :D
I checked online it shows same "card production ordered", so I assume it can always show same status, u'll just get updates in mail as well as a card itself :rolleyes:
Don't forget to check your mailbox!!! ;)

Yay! Good for you BlueSky! I checked our mailbox but nothing for me today. But it's okay. Hopefully in the next few days. Enjoy!

Yay! Good for you BlueSky! I checked our mailbox but nothing for me today. But it's okay. Hopefully in the next few days. Enjoy!

Hubby checked the mailbox again tonight (I guess our mailman delivered the mail late today), and I got the WELCOME NOTICE! :) Sweet!

Hubby checked the mailbox again tonight (I guess our mailman delivered the mail late today), and I got the WELCOME NOTICE! :) Sweet!

:D You see, just needed to check the mailbox (even twice;) )So, welcome to the united states! :D
P.S. it seems we'll get the GC the same day too :p

ilovethe80s, what about your status online, did it change? :rolleyes:

nope, didn't change. still "card production ordered" but date has changed to March 16th, from March 11th.

it's so nice to get a "welcome to the USA" letter! I started "residing" in the US as an H1B in 2000 onwards, so it has been a LOOOOONG journey for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Ordeal......Interview today and no response

Hi BlueSky09 & ilovethe80s,

Well, me and my wife went today to the interview, nothing out of the ordinary regarding the interview, lasted about 25 minutes, she reviewed my very thick file that immigration had. After the interview, the Officer said that she has to review the file and they will let us know by mail within a few weeks.

I am totally freaked out about this and so is my wife. However, after ready your posts, this seams to be a common practice.

The interview was pretty normal, my wife has an apartment that her work pays for and the lease was signed before getting married. thats the only thing out of the ordinary...

anyway, what did the Officer say to you? She said she had to review the file and would let us know in a few weeks by mail...

Any help would surely be reassuring.

Thanks

Well, me and my wife went today to the interview, nothing out of the ordinary regarding the interview, lasted about 25 minutes, she reviewed my very thick file that immigration had. After the interview, the Officer said that she has to review the file and they will let us know by mail within a few weeks.

I am totally freaked out about this and so is my wife. However, after ready your posts, this seams to be a common practice.

The interview was pretty normal, my wife has an apartment that her work pays for and the lease was signed before getting married. thats the only thing out of the ordinary...

anyway, what did the Officer say to you? She said she had to review the file and would let us know in a few weeks by mail...

Thanks

Hi Hopeful, actually yours is way way more "hopeful" than our interview. Read my previous post here. Yours sound more "routine" really, maybe your officer is just not authorized to approve the case and needs a supervisor. That's how it sounds to me. So my advice is for you not to worry and let it run its course. You will be celebrating in no time.

The exact language I got from our officer was that she needed to request my employment-based green card petition that was filed/denied years ago from the Nebraska Service Center and that it will take 2 weeks to get those files. So I asked if I can follow up in 2 weeks and she said I should do that if I haven't heard from them in 3 MONTHS! The only positive thing she said was that, if there was no deportation order because of my denied Employment-based petition, then my GC will just be mailed to me and that hubby and I didn't have to come back for a second interview. Which to me sounds like she was convinced about the marriage-part, just not sure if everything was kosher with my old green card application from work.

Thanks for the rapid reply, what is strange is that a friend of mine went for their interview about a month ago and got instant approval.

How can officers not have the authorization to approve? My attorney says if they didnt believe it was a bonafide marriage then they would have seperated us then and there...

How did you get the update? Via email? Where did you sign up to recieve the emails?

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the rapid reply, what is strange is that a friend of mine went for their interview about a month ago and got instant approval.

How can officers not have the authorization to approve? My attorney says if they didnt believe it was a bonafide marriage then they would have seperated us then and there...

How did you get the update? Via email? Where did you sign up to recieve the emails?

Thanks again :)

I think some officers are probably junior officers and need a supervisor's seal of approval or something, though they are allowed to interview applicants.

Try this link to sign up https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp then click the Register link on the left-side of the screen. Yes, I get my updates via email (e.g., "card production ordered"). But the Welcome Letter was received by mail yesterday.

That is correct. Just like any government agency in any country, there are grades and ranks amongst USCIS adjudicators. Approval and adjudication powers depend on an officer's grade and rank.

I think some officers are probably junior officers and need a supervisor's seal of approval or something, though they are allowed to interview applicants.

Thanks

Hi, Hopefulthoughts, sorry I didn't respond right away, didnt check forum couple days :rolleyes:

Don't panic, cause now it's a common thing as I understood after reading posts on this forum (I am so glad I found it!) not to tell the result at the end of the interview. Our officer didn't tell she needs to review or something, just "you'll get the answer in mail in 1 month" :cool:
So, our interview was on march 11th, we got welcome notice on march 16th, now just waiting for the card :)
Yeah, I know it's very upseting not to know :(, felt the same way, but u'll get welcome letter soon, even don't pay attention if your status online doesn't change! ;) Ours is still "card production ordered".
Let us know about any updates in your case :)
Regards

nope, didn't change. still "card production ordered" but date has changed to March 16th, from March 11th.

it's so nice to get a "welcome to the USA" letter! I started "residing" in the US as an H1B in 2000 onwards, so it has been a LOOOOONG journey for me.

I checked our case status online, the same as yours, on March 16th we've got same "card production" (LUD) Hopefully it won't take them TOOO long to send it to us, otherwise wait for another 30 days, then again :eek:

NOPE:( still the same "card production ordered" !!!

Now every day hubby is asking if we received the card in mail yet :) even if it said in 30 days or within 30 days online, doesn't matter.
Hopefully our status will change too :D

Don't worry, I heard somewhere that not everybody gets an Approval Notice Sent LUD before getting their GC in the mail.

Also, the welcome letter says that you can expect your GC in 3 weeks, should be shorter.

Sit tight and enjoy the weekend!