485 RFE Tracker - Post # 3

LUD change

Guys and Gals,

For what its worth, there has been a LUD change on my wifes 485 and AP today. We have been trying to get our APs approved and called the National Customer Service. They started an inquiry and last week we saw a couple of LUD changes (06/29 and 06/30). The message on both applications now states the following -

"We have responded to your request for more information ...."

I am not expecting anything to happen but will keep everyone updated on the progress.

saras

how long to wait for physical RFE notice before panicing?

I am the primary 485 applicant and my case is approved. My wife's 485 case was issued a RFE on 6/23/05 but we still have not received the physical notice. What is the 'average' wait time before getting the RFE physically in hand?

I saw in the excel spreadsheet that kperias was issued a RFE on 6/21 but had not received the physical paper wither. Could you share if you received the RFE by now?

Also, my wife's EAD was applied on 5/26/05...there was LUD on 5/26, 6/1, 6/16 and nothing since then. As per the AILA site, as of 6/30, TSC is processing EAD as of 6/13/05. What does all this mean?

anyone has similar experience?

good luck to all.

Rfe

praytx,

My lawyer received the RFE on my wifes case a week after the email was sent to us by USCIS. Please note that your lawyer will be receiving the RFE and not you. Please check with him/her to see if it has already arrived. It has taken a few weeks for some people. I would wait another week and then try to get more information.

regards,

saras

saras76,

my case was handled by the company lawyer which has been approved. however, i applied for my wife's 485 on my own. so the RFE should come to us directly for her case right?

Latest sheet

Guys and Gals,

There was a EB2 case with RFE that got approved recently. I have updated the sheet. As you will see, there aren't to many left.

regards,

saras

mvusa/saras76/Guys,

I got a mail as follows, Do any one got same as like this, How long it takes to get appointment for the interview? How long to get GC? Any idea? please post here..(see bottom for my details)

Thanks
mka
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 11, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H1B: 8th Year extension - Used EAD
Original LC- non concurrent
EB3/India/Labor PD:Nov-1999
I-140 AD : Jun-2000
I-485 ND : Oct-2004
EAD AD : Dec-2004
AP AD : Dec-2004
FP-code3 : 3/25/2005
RFE 1 : May10,2005, Replied June 14, 2005, RD 06/15/2005
LUD: 06/15, 06/17, 06/22, 06/23
Transfer to Local office on 07/11/2005

I-485 AD : ?????

Transfer and interview timeline

mka2005,

Each local office has its own processing date. The only problem is that local offices primarily deal with family based cases and the dates they publish pertain only to family based cases. You should start following the transferred case forum. I beleive there is a whole thread devoted to cases trx to Newark. Typically it takes about 1-3 months for the case to get to the local office. After that its fair game for approval depending on when the local office gets around to scheduling your interview.

Good luck.

saras

MKA2005
I'm glad someone is actually working on your case, and you were scheduled interview. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with tranfer cases or interviews so I'm not much help.
But I do wish you the best of luck, and hope you get interviewed soon and get approval right there.
God Bless You!

Message for mvusa

mvusa,

How are things going with you. Have you seen any LUD change or have you had any update on your case. My wifes 485 and AP application saw several LUD changes a week ago and we received some generic emails stating that they responded to our inquiry for more information. I have yet to receive anything from them.

As things stand right now, my wifes AP has expired and she cannot leave the country in case of a family emergency (God forbid). I am safe to travel because my H1 is still valid for about a year. This is so ridiculous. They can't approve our 485 till October but what the hell is the problem with the AP. I am so frustrated with this process that I have told my lawyer and my company that if these things are not sorted out by the end of this year, I am seriously considering legal action against USCIS/TSC. I have been so patient but they keep on screwing up my case. I have already started gathering information on how to go about suing the USCIS. They have left with with no choice. I am not forcing them to appove my 485 but basic things like EAD and APs should be approved on time. Whats the point of filing the damn 485 then. Truly frustrated ...

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
approved

Saras76 and MVUSA
Amid all the frustrations, my cases (me and my wife) are approved today. Please see my independent post. I really appreciate your time to answer all my dumb questions. May your cases get approved soon.

One more approval

forever485, congratulations on a much deserved approval. Its good to see another RFE case get approved. Since TSC is not working on EB3 cases right now, it seeems like they are working overtime on EB2s. This is good news because it shows that they are doing something as opposed to being on vacation.

I have updated the sheet.

regards,

saras

Nothing

mvusa,

There is no news on her AP. Her 485 LUD changed yesterday and today but the message remains the same. God knows whats going on.

regards,

saras

Oh my God Saras... LUDs... first ones since April right? WOW
Hope is something really good.
Good Luck!

There have been a few LUD changes

mvusa,

Acutally my wifes 485 and AP applications have seen a lot of LUD changes since the 29th of June. This is probably a result of AILA inquries and phone inquiries that we have been placing with TSC. The latest LUD change (12th and 13th June) have been on her 485 application only. The best case scenario is that they are working on our applications and come October they will approve them. I am being optimistic here. It might just be nothing.

regards,

saras

Saras76
It would be so nice if USCIS could sent us approval letters with note stating that pp stamping or GCard issuance could only take place after OCT/05... I will be more than satisfied with something like that. Or what if we have been approved on very last days of June and still don't know it yet? Maybe we can get miracle in the mailbox (like susan ward)....well...just dreaming here, what else can we do....
Good Luck!

True

mvusa,

I was thinking the same thing. If they could just let us know that the only thing left is for them to assign a visa number and we can get that done in October it would be nice but thats asking for to much from these people. At this point I am just hoping that something positive happens in October. Seems pretty far right now but I am sure it will be here in no time. My other fear is the retrogression date that will be set in September. My PD is in August 01 and if the PDs are moved before that it will be unfortunate.

saras76

MIne LUD for 485 changed on 07/12

Hi Saras76 and MVUSA

I am in same boat just to let you know that mine and my wifes LUD changed on 07/12/2005. One of my friends LUD changed on 03/18 and message did not said that thier case is approved but with in 4 days in mail they got approval letter and then they got their passport stamped. Right now they are in india on vacation for last one and half month. On 06/07 their messaged changed to that your case has been approved on 06/07 (but they got approval letter in March 2005 got their passport stamped in March 2005 also.

What i am trying to tell is that if there is LUD changed it means: might approval is on way let pray its our approval and wait for mail let see what we are getting

I-140 RD 08/28/04 APPROVAL 03/23/2005
I-485 RD 08/28/05 REF 04/16 LEGAL STATUS AND MEDICAL
REPLIED ACK BY USICS ON 05/04 LUD CHANGED ON 05/04 05/05 AND 05/06 THEN STOPPED AND NOW LUD CHANGED ON 07/12
(I EXPECT APPROVAL: OR ANY KIND OF LETTER)
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED I HAVE STATRED CHECKING MAIL WITH HOPE OF I 485 APPROVAL WISH AND PRAY ALL OF US GET APPROVAL SOON