485 RFE Tracker - Post # 3

EB3 RFE Related Retrogression Issue

I filed my I-485(EB3) in Dec 23rd 2004 and still in pending. Mine is
not a parallel filing, my I-140 was approved Jan 23rd 2005. My LC
priority date is September 2001. Meantime I got a RFE asking me to
submit my employment proof and I sent the proof to the officer on
August 23rd 2005. So far I did not get my I-485 approved...
My question is, because of the retrogression on EB3 (priority date is
back dated to Jan 1st 1998), will my case be affected? OR since I got
the A# already and my case was already previously seen by an officer,
it will not get affected? Please explain the impact of this
retrogression on my pending 485 case that has an RFE already. Thanks

Plz Help RFE about Legal Status

Hi all,

Today my lawyer has received RFE documents. RFE is about my wife’s legal status.

Our situation is:

In 2003 May my wife & kids went to India for couple of months. She had valid H4 visa that time. When she was in India, her’s H4-visa got expired.

My company did not file H4 extension for my wife & kids. They filed extension for me. After I received H1B Extension paper, I sent to her, her H4-VISA got stamped.

She returned back to US with valid H4 visa.

Bottom line is she had valid H4-VISA both when she left from US and returned to US.

To reply for RFE my lawyer asked the following details:

1. Copies of every page of her passport.
2. Copy of her Latest I-94 Copy
3. Copies of her all EAD Cards
4. Copies of her all AP’s
5. Proof stay in India during that time.

I have documents (1 to 4 ). I need information about point 5.

What types of documents do we have to present?
Will it be a problem in her 485 approval?

Plz Help,

Thanks
rvr

What Is Code 1 On Asc Notice

Hello Friend,
I am one of the unfortunate one with I-485 petition (Priority date October 22, 2002). Recently I received another notice (probably a finger printing notice, 3rd since I filed the petition) and it has CODE 1. What is code 1. Please reply.

EB1
I-140 PD (Oct.22, 2002) AD (Sept. 21, 2003)
I-485 PD Dec. 23, 2005
3 Fingerprintings, 3 EAD and 3 Travel Documents. Name check status approved on August 2005 after more than 2 years of waiting, with the help of congressman.

Please reply

Code 1

ukb said:
Hello Friend,
I am one of the unfortunate one with I-485 petition (Priority date October 22, 2002). Recently I received another notice (probably a finger printing notice, 3rd since I filed the petition) and it has CODE 1. What is code 1. Please reply.

EB1
I-140 PD (Oct.22, 2002) AD (Sept. 21, 2003)
I-485 PD Dec. 23, 2005
3 Fingerprintings, 3 EAD and 3 Travel Documents. Name check status approved on August 2005 after more than 2 years of waiting, with the help of congressman.

Please reply

ukb,

FP notices usually have 3 types of codes. Code 1, Code 2 and Code 3. Here is what they mean -

Code 1 - FP of ten fingers.

Code 2 - FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 - FP of ten fingers, FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 is a rather recent devleopment. Once a code 3 FP is complete the physical GC can be mailed out without having the PP stamped first. During PP stamping they take a picture and FP of the index finger. This is necessary for the physical card. Now that this is done during the Code 3 FP process the GC can be mailed to the applicant without waiting for the PP stamping. Lately most people have been getting Code 3 FP notices but there are still a lot of Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices out there.

Hope this information helps.

regards,

saras

Thanks Saras

Thanks Saras,
It has been a long-2 time for us. I got 3 EAD, 3AP, 1 RFE (Medical, replied in August: USCIS wanted a complete medical once again) and recently for the Name Check cleared from FBI (September). It is so unfortunate that by the time Name check got cleared, my fingerprint expired on Sept 2 2005. I called TSC and I was told that once my fingerprint is cleared, it’s all done. How much time do you think it is going to take, mainly in view of the Retrogression. My priority date is Oct. 22, 2002 and fall under EB1.
UKB

Help Please Rfe...

I just got today RFE for both me and my husband they want us to prove legal non-immigrant status from 2001-2004...... I have few questions:

1. I have all required documents with me for my proof of status. is it OK to send my RFE alone before my husbands since i am the primary applicant? could they approve my case when his is pending?

2. My husband changed stauts from F-2 to F-1 late in 2001 but Lucky me we dont have any proof of that since we went on vacation after that and he got a visa stamp.... any suggestions will begreatly appreciated.....

3. is there a way for me to be able to contact the officer and ask him... since the RFE stated we need proof of legal non-immigrant status that MAY be in the form of............ what is that may be? so i dont know what is really enough!!!!

RFE on I485 filed concurrently on 9/30/2005

To gurus,

I am surprised to see RFE on 485. My PD is 8/31/2005. I have my I140, EAD and AP approved recently. could anyone guess what this might be? I havent done FP.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Hello to anyone here...
I just felt the need to post on this thread. I remember the first time I ever posted on this forum was on this very thread. I have gotten a RFE and I was very anxious and stressed about the whole RFE thing. I got addicted to checking my online case status hoping with all my heart that I was getting approved... How naive of me. Back then, we were all glued to this forum trying to figure out what was going to happen. But we did'nt know that thre retrogression BOMB was going to hit us all, leaving us with permanent scars...I was pregnant with my second child at the time, and very emotional. I had my baby last days of August 2005, so I left the forum for weeks.
Then I wont forget all the expectation for the upcoming new fiscal year (OCT 2006)
what a mess!!! Worst bulletin ever...worst feeling of uncertainty ever.
I decided to leave the forum for a while, could'nt handle it. My case was going nowhere. I followed the visa bulletins month by month with much disapointment.
Reading lots of postings trying to figure out what was going to happen. Got Biometrics code 3 notice on March 2006, and my heart was beating fast once again.
Finally, 1 year and 6 months after my response to RFE... as soon as my PD became current : I got my BELOVED APPROVAL!!!!
I'm still waiting for my welcome notice and cards, ohhh but it's a different kind of feeling, different kind of wait.
I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum, and Mr. Rajiv for giving us this unique channel of communication. To me is more like a shoulder to cry on. THANK YOU THANK YOU! God bless you all. My prayers are with you always.

Did not receive 485 RFE notice even after 2 months. How can we escalate?

My wife and my status was updated to say that RFE was sent on 10/18. My wife received hers and we replied back. I, however, did not receive mine. After 'n' number of calls, they asked to call after 30 days which my attorney did and then they said that i will receive in 30 to 45 days. Unfortunatley that brings me very very close to the RFE expiry date (90 days after RFE).

Is there a way how we can get a Fax copy? How can we escalate this ? :mad:

Replied to RFE regarding proof physical presence before dec 2001. we responded to the rfe feb 07. so we will see when are we getting our approvals.

Please share your insights

I have been following all the insights for quite some time. just logged as a new user and want to hear your expertise inputs..

PD 5/14/01; EB3
I-485 RD: 4/14/03
I-140 approved
FP - code 1 8/03/05
FP - code 2 on 2/28/06
FP - code 1 again on 5/10/07
Case Status Online says "retrival failed.." for quite some months.
Called 1800 ... and talked to Imm. officer pn 5/17 and was told that "security check pending.." and to connect with infoPass regarding the web site access.

went to infoPass 5/22/07 and was told that "application was reviewed on5/18/07..no visa number available.." however, when asked for more information on security check, I was asked to contact TSC (over snail mail) since the field office does not have any more information and the application is with TSC.

thanks in advance for your expertise inputs/thoughts.

Just came to know that a RFE was sent on 5/30 directly to my lawyers. Trying to get more information about the RFE.

What is the most common RFE?

ANY BODY WITH PD in 2004 WHO RECEIVED APPROVALS

:confused:

My PD is Jan 2004 - EB 3
Waiting for I485 approval ! Anyone who has received I485 approvals with PD in 2004 ?????????????????????

guys, I responded to NOID on 8/8, it reached TSC on 8/10 (per FedEx tracking).

NOID was sent out to me on 7/25 so I have until 8/24 (30 days) to respond by..today is 8/15..I have only 10 days left.

I still dont see any update on my case..should I be worried? Its a NOID not a RFE. How long should I wait?

Thanks in advance!
(I posted this on main forum but I think this is more appropriate place..sorry for double post)

When I sent my response to RFE, the message changed on my case after 3 days of delivery by FedEx. Just to give you some perspective. Although yours is already five days past now.

thanks..

Thanks atmaramji! I will follow up with my lawyer. If I dont see any update by Friday, I will resend it next Monday (20th).

When I sent my response to RFE, the message changed on my case after 3 days of delivery by FedEx. Just to give you some perspective. Although yours is already five days past now.