485 RFE Tracker - Post # 3

RFE on 485

mka2005,

Thank you. My RFE was asking about legal status from 1994 (which I furnished with all I-20s, I-94s), EVL, Last three paystubs, Tax returns for 2003, 04, 05. Copies of Passport pages.
My wife's RFE was asking about legal status from 1994, Copies of Passport pages.
I respond to RFEs on June 03, LUD was on June 07 (Stating they recieved the response), then again on 6/16/05 (Stating cases were approved, approval notices were mailed on that day, did not receive them yet). Good luck. Regrads.

Taslim

Compiler, thank you for response. I guess you are right. But I feel a little safer doing things with my lawyer. At this point...whatever gives me peace of mind is more than welcomed.
On the other hand, all my family lives outside US (exept for husband and son), I really need to be ready to leave if I have to. I know sometimes it feels like a waist of money and time (I did not travel last year or this year at all) but I feel, again, it gives me peace of mind. :eek:

Today when i reached work i saw lot of mails(10 emails) on I 485, It is RFE. Updated the spreadsheet. Waiting for the RFE paper, will update once i receive the paper

Latest Sheet

kperias,

Welcome to the RFE club. Thanks for sharing your information. Lets hope you are one of the lucky ones that gets approved with a few weeks of RFE acknowlegement.

I am attaching the latest sheet with current revised date.

regards,

saras

update the RFE#3

Since I just got the email asked for REF nothing more to add to the excel file. I 'll try to update as soon as I sent the REF.

Question on second RFE...

Hi REF Club Members,

I have a question. Say someone got REF on these

1. I-94(port of entry) and
2. EMPL letter (emplyrs interest in hiring, remuneration & job desc )

Once the REF has been replied back to USCIS with necessary documents,

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ANOTHER RFE ON SOMETHNIG ELSE?????
(Before approval)

Did anyone get the second RFE??

Thansk
mka

Although rare, its possible

mka2005,

I have seen a few cases that had multiple RFEs one after the other. This does not happen often but is entirely possible.

regards,

saras

MKA2005
Hi! long time no see. I got 2 RFEs. First I got one for medicals remember? (vaccinations) then we got one for proof of legal status. But since my lawyer got the letter I really don't know if they came separate or in one letter. Since we responded for both RFEs at same time, we only got 1 AKW USCIS status message change. After that we got 2 LUD and nothing more (almost 2 months ago). I have already applied for 3rd AP & EAD because I don't see any appoval coming...
Hope you have better luck.

I'm going nuts!

Saras76
I'm so mad, deppresed, discouraged, hopeless today that I feel I'm going to burst!
And I let it all out on someones approval thread :( (what a shame)
I just could not help it, It's just not fair to all of us who've been waiting longer to see those super freaky speedy approvals!!!
Why are we RFEdians being left behind???? weren't we supposed to be the ones seeing the light at the end of the tunnel???? It seems our tunnel was closed and we are all trapped and forgotten!!!!
Oh God, I might need therapy...I'm going nuts.

I understand

mvusa,

I read your post in the other thread and I totally understand where you are coming from. If you are feeling very bad about it then go ahead and delete that post. You can delete any post at any time.

I will not lie and say that each time I see someone who filed after me getting his/her approval I do not feel angry. I am happy for the individual but its not at all wrong to feel cheated and angry. My friend from college (same country, same experience, same pay, same job function, same lawyer) that sits right across me applied the same day as me and he has been a GC holder for 6 months now. He got married after filing his 485 and even his wife has gotten the GC before me and my wife. I am happy for him but I do feel angry at the situation.

All I can say is that one day our day will come. Its all part of the master plan. We should do everything we can and then leave the rest to God. It will happen only when it is supposed to happen.

Try to take your mind of this mess. Whenever I feel down and out I think about all the positives in my life. I have a loving family, I am healthy and my job isn't the worst one in the world. So there are lots of things to be thankful for. This GC is the one thorny issue in my life right now and I cannot let it ruin all the other good things around me.

regards,

saras

updated with my info.

anyone know how many days (30?) you have to respond after RFE is issued? we are leaving the US for vacation tomorrow and will be back on 4th of July. i got an email today saying the RFE was issued.

good luck to all

mvusa said:
Hi everyone!

Today 05/02/05 I got at 5:40pm LUD on our I-485. (me & husband)
I got emails also. They stated:
On May 2, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Has anyone received this kind of message too?

Please share!
Hello Even my and my spouse's case status shows EXACT same wordings like your except for the date and mine is dated June 2006
Pl share your status as and when there are updates.
Thanks

Couple of approvals

Guys and Gals,

There have been two approvals this week. Lets hope there are more next week. Latest sheet is attached.

regards,

saras

Kulkave
Hi! I learned from this forum, that's a standard message for RFE aknowledgement by USCIS.
I did receive 2 more LUDs after 05/03 & 05/04 2005 but unfortunately nothing more afterwards... I've been waiting for another LUD or some kind of message change since beginning of May. I thought I wouldn't have to reapply for 3rd EAD or AP but I just did since visa number backlog is around the corner and our process (And everyone elses under EB3 category) will be frozen until October. But don't get discouraged by my story...there are many lucky filers that have been approved in a couple of days after RFE response. Good Luck and God Bless.

Kulkave
I just studied your signature and it seems to me you are ready for approval. We've seen, in this forum many 2004 cases been approved lately. Also your PD is 2001!!! you should be approved by now. I hope the LUD on your wife's file means approval. (you don't show any LUD because you did not get RFE) Many people don't get any LUD or message change and get approval anyway. It depends on the officer handling your case. Some give a lot of LUDs others don't even bother. I hope I'm not getting in trouble and getting your hopes up in vain...but I really think you might be approved real soon. (offcourse remember the visa backlog that's coming to us like a TSUNAMI)
Good luck my friend.

Edgar_Linton said:
What happens when you have to leave suddenly? In case someone is sick?
It's up to you. But smart people always know how to use the money and time.

Last edited by a moderator:
mvusa said:
Compiler, thank you for response. I guess you are right. But I feel a little safer doing things with my lawyer. At this point...whatever gives me peace of mind is more than welcomed.
On the other hand, all my family lives outside US (exept for husband and son), I really need to be ready to leave if I have to. I know sometimes it feels like a waist of money and time (I did not travel last year or this year at all) but I feel, again, it gives me peace of mind. :eek:
I understand it. You can do it by yourself and do not have to immediately apply for the AP when the current one expires. Thus, Your I-485 may have been approved when your next AP expires. As a result, you do not have to apply for the AP again and again.

mvusa said:
Kulkave
I just studied your signature and it seems to me you are ready for approval. We've seen, in this forum many 2004 cases been approved lately. Also your PD is 2001!!! you should be approved by now. I hope the LUD on your wife's file means approval. (you don't show any LUD because you did not get RFE) Many people don't get any LUD or message change and get approval anyway. It depends on the officer handling your case. Some give a lot of LUDs others don't even bother. I hope I'm not getting in trouble and getting your hopes up in vain...but I really think you might be approved real soon. (offcourse remember the visa backlog that's coming to us like a TSUNAMI)
Good luck my friend.
Thanks MVUSA !! for the encouraging words.
My details are under :
Labour - 04/2002
140/485 -- conc filing -- 3/2004
140 -- approved -- 2/05
485 -- rfe on 6/7/2005
LUD after response -- 6/21/05,6/22/2005
Hope fully it should get approved in another one or 2 weeks.
Also can you tell me is it advisable to join client after responding to an RFE which was just for employment letter/w2/Driv Licence ?

3 Days More...

All EB3 Folks...

There are just 3 more days, before USCIS goes on Hybernation as they have decide not to do G/C Approvals.

So, friends Good Luck..see you after 3 months.

Banglababu
Yoe are right hybernation period begins... I had to apply for 3rd EAD and AP, I really thought I would not have to... I'm still hoping these 3 days may be lucky for some of us, but it looks we all be back in October with the same anxieties and the same uncertainties.
God Bless You