• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Random selection process was conducted some time ago, simply the announcement of DV lottery results ("selection for further processing") will happen beginning of May.

I'm sure that system takes some time to run and obtain the selected numbers :). What year did you won the lottery Euro?

I'm sure that system takes some time to run and obtain the selected numbers :). What year did you won the lottery Euro?
:) hint: EURO2014. Not quite sure what you mean exactly with "system takes some time to run and obtain the selected numbers". If you mean IT processing time, probably around 1/10 of a second...

:) hint: EURO2014. Not quite sure what you mean exactly with "system takes some time to run and obtain the selected numbers". If you mean IT processing time, probably around 1/10 of a second...

2014 was your lucky year then that's good. I was meaning that what ever system they use. I'm sure it takes a couple of hours or days who knows on getting the selected numbers from the Millions of applicants :). Purely on a System IT standpoint :D

I'm quite certain their engineers don't have a process that can randomly sort and number 12 million entries in 1/10 second. Their IT department hasn't exactly set a high standard over the last few years....

2014 was your lucky year then that's good. I was meaning that what ever system they use. I'm sure it takes a couple of hours or days who knows on getting the selected numbers from the Millions of applicants :). Purely on a System IT standpoint :D
Well, "2017 Entrant Status Check
DV-2017 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016."
It might be worth re-checking on May 4th or 5th, just to be sure, but May 3, 2016 will be the magic day for a select few.

I'm quite certain their engineers don't have a process that can randomly sort and number 12 million entries in 1/10 second. Their IT department hasn't exactly set a high standard over the last few years....
Yes, probably if they do it in-house...

Well, "2017 Entrant Status Check
DV-2017 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016."
It might be worth re-checking on May 4th or 5th, just to be sure, but May 3, 2016 will be the magic day for a select few.

No doubt May 3, 2016 will be crazy for those servers at least for the first initial hours. Its a life changing day for a few.

Reactions: Eby
No doubt May 3, 2016 will be crazy for those servers at least for the first initial hours. Its a life changing day for a few.
Yes, maybe. Yet let's not forget, 12:00 pm EST means middle of the night for other parts of the world. Many other folks will simply forget to check... So ultimately the whole process will spread out over weeks and probably months. Also, please don't overlook one important aspect in the announcement: "starting at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016", which suggests that you may be able to confirm only later, if system required :)

Reactions: Eby
Yes, maybe. Yet let's not forget, 12:00 pm EST means middle of the night for other parts of the world. Many other folks will simply forget to check... So ultimately the whole process will spread out over weeks and probably months. Also, please don't overlook one important aspect in the announcement: "starting at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016", which suggests that you will be able to confirm only later if system required :)

For the last few years, their servers have buckled under the traffic for the first few hours. This year will be the same...

Well a CO could stop it. Not complying with the instructions could stop it. Not becoming current could stop it. AP that goes past the year end could stop it.

But yeah - apart from those things and the 1 in 100 chance of being selected, pretty much nothing can stop it.

Hi britsimon, first of all, your profile picture looks intimidating.. is as if am talking to a king.
Am confused by what you said about going current. And the OC and also AP. Kindly explain it to me more your highness.

Low CN means low case number for who are chosen by the computer and they got the numbers less than 50.000 cuz we just got 50.000 visas available for Dv lottery 2017

Tknx to you let God makes it happen to be selected with low CN cuz I gotta friend who submitted his entry on oct 01st 2012 and he had selected with a high CN he never had scheduled for the interview Good lucky to you