• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

We're really kept ours fingers crossed for DV 2017 outcomin' we gotta be blasted 30 days left

I havent thought about it (or logged on to this site) since I submitted the application until today. Im trying not to think about it otherwise I am just going to drive myself crazy with the day dreaming. I have even selected what uni course I am going to do here in Aus starting next year and have plans for here back home as I dont want to try and put all my eggs into an already extremely, extremely small basket.

Im not trying to be a downer by any means and it is definately exciting leading up to it, it's just several years ago when i first applied I did nothing but think about it for months so was really disappointed that it didnt happen. I feel much more relaxed this year as if it doesnt happen, its not the end of the world. Lots of worse places to live than where I am in Australia

Wish everyone the best of luck! :)

I havent thought about it (or logged on to this site) since I submitted the application until today. Im trying not to think about it otherwise I am just going to drive myself crazy with the day dreaming. I have even selected what uni course I am going to do here in Aus starting next year and have plans for here back home as I dont want to try and put all my eggs into an already extremely, extremely small basket.

Im not trying to be a downer by any means and it is definately exciting leading up to it, it's just several years ago when i first applied I did nothing but think about it for months so was really disappointed that it didnt happen. I feel much more relaxed this year as if it doesnt happen, its not the end of the world. Lots of worse places to live than where I am in Australia

The best of luck to you MissM88, I think you have the best attitude! Having not been selected for a few years now, I also focused on bettering my life here (uni) and each year I put my DV application out of my mind. I DO get hopeful and excited close to selection, but as it year passes and I am not, I tend to expect a non-selection announcement. And that's ok!

My husband says that this year, now that I am making plans for further study in Australia, Karma will laugh at as and we will be selected lol

Warmest wishes

Q

Keep Calm :p

haha I'll try, I'm having all of these mixed feelings after seeing Qewty's signature

@Qewty, I'm not sure if I commented on your signature since I tend to forget a lot when I get nervous and excited, but I have to say "What a history"

You made me realize how hard the DV Lottery is "without any hard feelings, and I actually admire the patience you had all these years"

That's right MissM88. I have never visited Australia before but I consider it to be a nice place to live, compared to other places in the world. I hope you get good news this year in DV2017 and I also agreed is the best to keep calm and continue with normal plans in our home countries. My first not selected was really hard to accept but this year is different, specially when you understand how hard it is to win this lottery, you basically have to be very lucky.

The best of luck to you MissM88, I think you have the best attitude! Having not been selected for a few years now, I also focused on bettering my life here (uni) and each year I put my DV application out of my mind. I DO get hopeful and excited close to selection, but as it year passes and I am not, I tend to expect a non-selection announcement. And that's ok!

My husband says that this year, now that I am making plans for further study in Australia, Karma will laugh at as and we will be selected lol

Warmest wishes

Q

There is a person in the forum that applied 9 times before been selected. Its not everyone that have that spirit to apply for so many years and its always good to see people that don't give up and keep trying.

Wow, I can't believe it's only a month away! Best of luck to everyone applying - I hope you all win! Crazy to think only a year ago I was in the same position as y'al and found these forums a few days before the lottery announcement, now I'm living in Los Angeles.