• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Less than one month to go, guys. I hope the best for each one of you in this adventure.
I applied myself so many times and each year was different, last year I had so many things going on in my life that I totally forgot about the green card and I remembered it only in April, but this year I am thinking about it a lot and that is the reason why I am in this forum, to release my stress.

I really hope that we first get selected and then have a pretty decent CN. Good luck to all of you and as many people said here, enjoy your present days

I remember when I applied for DV2003.
You sent your application by paper mail to some address in the US.
And only if you were selected you would receive at notification letter, so you could just wait and wait and hope.
At least today you can go to the website and know if you were selected or not.
Best of luck to you guys.

Best of luck to us all!!! This is my first time to apply for DV lottery, and of course, I have that feeling that I will be selected as you all guys had when you first time applied... Now seriously, I don't think a lot about it, but it would definitely be great to be among happy ones!

Wow, I can't believe it's only a month away! Best of luck to everyone applying - I hope you all win! Crazy to think only a year ago I was in the same position as y'al and found these forums a few days before the lottery announcement, now I'm living in Los Angeles.

I remember last year, that you got the error message and after that you got the selected notice. Its good to see that people are making their dreams come to reality with this program.

Thanks again for the best wishes and you are definitely one of the lucky winners hehe.

seeing all these people who've been applying for 10+ years and still haven't been selected really brings you back to reality lol. this is my first try, keeping my fingers crossed and my expectations to a minimal :D.

The sad reality of this program is that the winning chances are pretty low and its always the best to keep things under perspective. I wish you the best on this DV2017 and who knows you could be part of the small group of people that wins this on the first try. Second time here my self and its also amazing to see people applying to this since 2003.

There is a person in the forum that applied 9 times before been selected. Its not everyone that have that spirit to apply for so many years and its always good to see people that don't give up and keep trying.

Remember it is a lottery. In AF region the chance of winning is less than 1 in 100. That means one time in 100 years of trying. OC region is much better, about 1 in 20. Obviously a couple can increase their chances by both applying.

Remember it is a lottery. In AF region the chance of winning is less than 1 in 100. That means one time in 100 years of trying. OC region is much better, about 1 in 20. Obviously a couple can increase their chances by both applying.

Brit what are the chances for SA? I guess its like 1 in 80 probably? I guess our chances are similar from the AS region

Brit what are the chances for SA? I guess its like 1 in 80 probably? I guess our chances are similar from the AS region
Maybe - google dv lottery statistics. Get the entries for a year for each country, and compare to the selectees.

Maybe - google dv lottery statistics. Get the entries for a year for each country, and compare to the selectees.

Thanks. I also found on the web that a book mentions that every year you apply, your chances increases but not sure if that is correct. I doubt it, to be honest

Thanks. I also found on the web that a book mentions that every year you apply, your chances increases but not sure if that is correct. I doubt it, to be honest

Well, in the sense that you can't win if you don't enter again, maybe . Any other meaning is simply not understanding statistics.

I used to be very excited when i entered the DV.. Now I'm kinda excited, but Very worried

The process for the DV is something else; We need to get the 1NL, then 2NL, and finally the main event "the interview" ----plus the other documents and fees of course

How long usually does this process take.. it would be interesting to know

I used to be very excited when i entered the DV.. Now I'm kinda excited, but Very worried

The process for the DV is something else; We need to get the 1NL, then 2NL, and finally the main event "the interview" ----plus the other documents and fees of course

It mainly depends on the case number you get and I'm guessing between 6 months to 1 year because it also depends on when you send your paperwork, on time or late.

It mainly depends on the case number you get and I'm guessing between 6 months to 1 year because it also depends on when you send your paperwork, on time or late.

yeah I read about the CN , but till now I didn't get how regions play any important role in them...the more I read, the more I get confused

as for the process, 6 months - 1 year seems ideal

It mainly depends on your Case Number that will be given to you (if you were among lucky ones) starting May 3rd 2016. After that, in following months, you have to send DS260 form for further processing. And finally you will get an email with the date of your interview. Generally interviews starts in October 2016 and ends next year, usually in May.