• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Low CN means low case number for who are chosen by the computer and they got the numbers less than 50.000 cuz we just got 50.000 visas available for Dv lottery 2017
Incorrect. Having a number less than 50,000 doesn't make it a low case number it's dependent on the number of visas issued per area (e.g. Oceania) not number of visas issued in total for the whole lottery

*Edit* - the following info I have taken from Simon's extremely helpful website that you should probably check :) britsimonsays

VISA LIMITS
For the last couple of years there have been more people selected for processing than can get visas - they "over select" to make sure all the places will be used - but that means some people will miss out. Each region has its own numbers, and there are holes between the numbers. We don't know yet what the number ranges will be for DV2016 but if your numbers are less than below ranges you need not worry. These numbers are VERY conservative numbers - actual safe numbers will be much higher - but at least you can pause to consider your options if your numbers are higher than these ranges.

• AF (Africa) less than 40000
  • EU (Europe) less than 30000
  • AS (Asia) less than 5000
  • OC (Oceania) less than 1000
  • SA (South America) less than 1000

Last edited:
Good luck to all those entering - try not to have all your hopes pinned on to this that way you won't be too disappointed or upset if it doesn't happen

I don't really think about it or plan that way it's a nice surprise *if* it happens

Not trying to be a debbie downer :) Good luck all

A lot of people are saying that the hardest thing is to get selected. Well i kinda disagree. Sure getting selected is hard, you only have 1-2% chances of getting selected BUT if you get selected you will have hard choices to make. I speak by personal experience and personal opinion, if i would be selected i would need to decide if i would leave a stable job bebind, family behind and very probably lose a relationship because yes, not all the time your partner have the same idea of leaving everything behind and go to the US. Just saying guys, being selected is hard but the decisions you need to make after are not more easier. And for this reason is why a lot of selectees don't persue for the Green Card.

A lot of people are saying that the hardest thing is to get selected. Well i kinda disagree. Sure getting selected is hard, you only have 1-2% chances of getting selected BUT if you get selected you will have hard choices to make. I speak by personal experience and personal opinion, if i would be selected i would need to decide if i would leave a stable job bebind, family behind and very probably lose a relationship because yes, not all the time your partner have the same idea of leaving everything behind and go to the US. Just saying guys, being selected is hard but the decisions you need to make after are not more easier. And for this reason is why a lot of selectees don't persue for the Green Card.

Good morning everyone ....Well....someone like me who entered made sure that Im willing to leave a steady job behind and family behind. I thought about all of this BEFORE entering the lottery. My opinion is if you're not ready for the move ... then why even apply in the first place. Leave that spot for persons who are actually ready for such a big move.... and like I said this is my opinion.

Like i said! Dont all of you act, as you are smarties! Hahaha and that you are so lucky and you are the only one who will win! Stable job and bla bla bla, well take it from a guy who went to 6 states in usa! Well if you win you will start running like a horse to get the visa and when you get the visa , you run like a rocket to go to the states, when they say its the land of the dreams , beleive me it is, but you have to be educated, willing to work hard, in return they give you best life, security and peace, and luxury, please dont you all act as its nothing, and bla bla bla , if its nothing to you, you wont visit thing forum precisly! Who visit this forum and this lottery thread, is deinh to win! Hahahahhay so plz take it easy and wait! To me i doubt i would win! After 13 years its being very hard! But i an still trying and i know ill fail ,but i love the adrenaline in my body when it comes to these days, and i love to check over 40 entries for my friends all entered by me! And i love to see the rection of a friend when he wins! And i love to see a friend when he win! I tell him as a joke that i want 10,000$ and he says that he would sell gold to give me , [joke] i never took from a friend!
Life is beautiful in all ways, when you win and also when you lose!

Like i said! Dont all of you act, as you are smarties! Hahaha and that you are so lucky and you are the only one who will win! Stable job and bla bla bla, well take it from a guy who went to 6 states in usa! Well if you win you will start running like a horse to get the visa and when you get the visa , you run like a rocket to go to the states, when they say its the land of the dreams , beleive me it is, but you have to be educated, willing to work hard, in return they give you best life, security and peace, and luxury, please dont you all act as its nothing, and bla bla bla , if its nothing to you, you wont visit thing forum precisly! Who visit this forum and this lottery thread, is deinh to win! Hahahahhay so plz take it easy and wait! To me i doubt i would win! After 13 years its being very hard! But i an still trying and i know ill fail ,but i love the adrenaline in my body when it comes to these days, and i love to check over 40 entries for my friends all entered by me! And i love to see the rection of a friend when he wins! And i love to see a friend when he win! I tell him as a joke that i want 10,000$ and he says that he would sell gold to give me , [joke] i never took from a friend!
Life is beautiful in all ways, when you win and also when you lose!

You had my fooled there for a second cause when I initially started reading, you sounded as if you won already and were already living in the states ... but coming down to the end I realized that you were just another hopeful who "doubt" he will win .... Good luck anyway... although I "doubt" you'll need it

Good morning everyone ....Well....someone like me who entered made sure that Im willing to leave a steady job behind and family behind. I thought about all of this BEFORE entering the lottery. My opinion is if you're not ready for the move ... then why even apply in the first place. Leave that spot for persons who are actually ready for such a big move.... and like I said this is my opinion.
The problem is a lot of people do. And this is why also a lot of people don't persue for the Green Card after getting selected. And this is why i am saying being selected is hard but making choices in life to go to the US is also hard. And I totally agree with you. If people apply for the Lottery they should think before if this is really for them. Anyway guys, good luck for all and hope this year is the year :rolleyes:

You had my fooled there for a second cause when I initially started reading, you sounded as if you won already and were already living in the states ... but coming down to the end I realized that you were just another hopeful who "doubt" he will win .... Good luck anyway... although I "doubt" you'll need it
No, i never won! But my brother and some friends won! On my hands, so as for me my brother won it felt as i am! Bcz he did need it more than me ! And am not another hopful! Really dont care if i won or not!

Reactions: Eby
No, i never won! But my brother and some friends won! On my hands, so as for me my brother won it felt as i am! Bcz he did need it more than me ! And am not another hopful! Really dont care if i won or not!

Wow .... you don't care but you make sure to apply during the October to November deadline every single year for the past 13 years.... wow ... ok ... cool ;)

Hahaha, u know y i dont care, bcz i already got b1/b2 visa , went to the states more than 3 times! And also surprise my family applied for me a greencard and its in final stage in nvc :D hahahha so yeah i dont care if i won or not hehehehhe

The problem is a lot of people do. And this is why also a lot of people don't persue for the Green Card after getting selected. And this is why i am saying being selected is hard but making choices in life to go to the US is also hard. And I totally agree with you. If people apply for the Lottery they should think before if this is really for them. Anyway guys, good luck for all and hope this year is the year :rolleyes:

You're from Western Europe. The choice for you is "difficult" because you already live a privileged life. The choice for people who come from countries where their safety, security and future is not as sure as yours is a lot easier. If you were a Syrian refugee, or a gay person in Uganda or parts of the Middle East, or an albino in parts of Africa, all of which are but 3 examples of where you might have a very short life expectancy just for being who you are, you might not be so flippant about life choices. This is not even to start on the millions of people who live in poor countries where the future for the average person is bleak, or those who just would not get the opportunities for their children at home that they would get in the US. So yes, if you do get selected, make the decision before not after getting a visa so that if you don't want to go you leave a visa available for someone for whom moving to the US will be a positive, life-changing' possibly even life-saving experience.

Hahaha, u know y i dont care, bcz i already got b1/b2 visa , went to the states more than 3 times! And also surprise my family applied for me a greencard and its in final stage in nvc :D hahahha so yeah i dont care if i won or not hehehehhe

Ok, I think enough with the flippant posts already please. You know very well, at the back of your mind, how much you're hoping to be selected. Yes, it's obvious you're highly desirous of living in the US, but of course you're trying so hard to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of not being selected.

Saying you don't care because you already have a B1/B2 visa isn't fooling anyone here, being granted a visitor's visa is not the same as permanently living and working in the US.

And I believe all your family has currently done is apply for an approval to sponsor you for a GC, you still have to attend an actual interview at the US embassy for the GC itself, which could be years done the road depending on who applied to sponsor you and what your applicable priority date is!

For someone trying so hard to flippantly come across like they couldn't care-less if they won or not, your previous posts with your old username doesn't quite match the front being presented now:

Hope to win, really hope that, good luck to all whose waiting this moment, 5 hrs due, ya rab ya allah, oh mighty allah

Hi all....I am a Indian born in Kuwait.....applying for the past 5 years no luck...fingers crossed this time...
Any other indian born in Kuwait got lucky?

Hi all....I am a Indian born in Kuwait.....applying for the past 5 years no luck...fingers crossed this time...
Any other indian born in Kuwait got lucky?

Good luck to you for this year Melrin. This is my second time trying and lets hope you are part of that 1% club :D. I'm not from Asia or Middle East and just wanted to send you the good vibes :D

Keep in mind that all of us that apply have different background situations. In my personal scenario is looking for better opportunities from a economical/professional standpoint. I have decent life here in my country but here you still confront issues related to a developing nation, that are improving little by little but will required decades of hard work and less corruption from the government. My situation is not close to others that for example live in Syria so everyone has their personal story on why they want to leave to the US and no doubt they are people that don't adapt to the change and return even after getting their visa so its a case by case situation. For now i prefer to think on the new dehumidifier i have to get for my apartment, since the rainy season is starting here and humidity will go sky rocket along with my allergies lol

We better not give it up cuz bein' selected or not life goes on let's count 1 to 10 it's my 4th try but 2 times someone did for me but since I decided to do my self it's 2 times that I had been tryina bet my chance Good lucky to y'all an' i hopefully we're gonna create a new blog for the Dv lottery 2017 winners

Ok guys I'm a graduate in africa doing a job that pays me less than 100 dollars a month.....we have a maid at home that earns around 20 dollars a month n she's comfortable that's how terrible it is here....so all those guys acting like they don't need the visa and are on this forum I wonder if you moderators too? Sorry if you not..... just concetrate on your fab life wherever you are and let we keep hoping ........it's my 2nd time to apply and I'm just getting started.....let God be with me....

Hi britsimon, first of all, your profile picture looks intimidating.. is as if am talking to a king.
Am confused by what you said about going current. And the OC and also AP. Kindly explain it to me more your highness.

current = when your case number is in range to be interviewed.
OC = Oceania
AP = Administrative Processing = a period of time that some cases need after interview when additional background checks are performed.

One thing. There is LOTS of time for all these questions if you win. Even if you are first in the queue (the lowest case number possible) you will still wait a minimum of 6 months before you interview. So, IF you are selected, you should become a frequent reader of my blog. :)

Finally, about my picture being intimidating. That's awesome!