• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Possibly this is a good moment to remind some folks on this sub-forum that DV Lottery for US Immigrant Visa does stand for "Diversity Lottery", not "Developing Country Visa"? :rolleyes: No pun intended. Diversity in this sense covers immigration from countries with low immigration rates to the US, the reason why quite some developing countries are not to be found on the eligible list. Same is true, of course, for some folks born in "more developed" countries, hence D for Diversity ;). Good luck to All, a few lucky folks will be selected like every year. Clearly it is not a Green Card strategy to be solely relied on, chances are just too small for that.

Possibly this is a good moment to remind some folks on this sub-forum that DV Lottery for US Immigrant Visa does stand for "Diversity Lottery", not "Developing Country Visa"? :rolleyes: No pun intended. Diversity in this sense covers immigration from countries with low immigration rates to the US, the reason why quite some developing countries are not to be found on the eligible list. Same is true, of course, for some folks born in "more developed" countries, hence D for Diversity ;). Good luck to All, a few lucky folks will be selected like every year. Clearly it is not a Green Card strategy to be solely relied on, chances are just too small for that.

Yes it is diversity, but it also seemed worth reminding some people that not everyone who enters currently lives a privileged western existence and will have a "difficult choice" to make if they win. For many people it's a complete no-brainer.

I agree, if you use "no pun intended" right after a pun, it cancels the pun out. I mean no offence.

Keep in mind that all of us that apply have different background situations. In my personal scenario is looking for better opportunities from a economical/professional standpoint. I have decent life here in my country but here you still confront issues related to a developing nation, that are improving little by little but will required decades of hard work and less corruption from the government. My situation is not close to others that for example live in Syria so everyone has their personal story on why they want to leave to the US and no doubt they are people that don't adapt to the change and return even after getting their visa so its a case by case situation. For now i prefer to think on the new dehumidifier i have to get for my apartment, since the rainy season is starting here and humidity will go sky rocket along with my allergies lol

Hi Pierre82, where are you from?

For someone trying so hard to flippantly come across like they couldn't care-less if they won or not, your previous posts with your old username doesn't quite match the front being presented now:
Yeah! 100% but look what year? Hahahahhhah exactly, 2 years ago i was deing to win! But now when my visa is in final stage! I really dont care heheheh

Ok, I think enough with the flippant posts already please. You know very well, at the back of your mind, how much you're hoping to be selected. Yes, it's obvious you're highly desirous of living in the US, but of course you're trying so hard to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of not being selected.

Saying you don't care because you already have a B1/B2 visa isn't fooling anyone here, being granted a visitor's visa is not the same as permanently living and working in the US.

And I believe all your family has currently done is apply for an approval to sponsor you for a GC, you still have to attend an actual interview at the US embassy for the GC itself, which could be years done the road depending on who applied to sponsor you and what your applicable priority date is!
Yeah thats right all what you said is right! But my papers are in the final stages! Its been more than 12 years when they applied for me ! And no am not trying to prepare my mind! Comeon! Are you a pchyytrist? Hehe winning is beautiful and i never said i dont like to live in usa, on the other hand i am running to go there, but i am saying wether i won in the dv or not! Am still going and if i dont win! Am still applying! So take it easy mom , i was applying on the dv before you heard abt or applied abt it! You and some people on here! So take it easy maybe ur in 5 years to this and won from 1 st or 2nd time, but i was applying before you, and i played by the old rules when some family won! When they used to send the regular mail in march! So take it easy

current = when your case number is in range to be interviewed.
OC = Oceania
AP = Administrative Processing = a period of time that some cases need after interview when additional background checks are performed.

One thing. There is LOTS of time for all these questions if you win. Even if you are first in the queue (the lowest case number possible) you will still wait a minimum of 6 months before you interview. So, IF you are selected, you should become a frequent reader of my blog. :)

Finally, about my picture being intimidating. That's awesome!
Thanks, you are my new best friend.

Yeah thats right all what you said is right! But my papers are in the final stages! Its been more than 12 years when they applied for me ! And no am not trying to prepare my mind! Comeon! Are you a pchyytrist? Hehe winning is beautiful and i never said i dont like to live in usa, on the other hand i am running to go there, but i am saying wether i won in the dv or not! Am still going and if i dont win! Am still applying! So take it easy mom , i was applying on the dv before you heard abt or applied abt it! You and some people on here! So take it easy maybe ur in 5 years to this and won from 1 st or 2nd time, but i was applying before you, and i played by the old rules when some family won! When they used to send the regular mail in march! So take it easy

Ya know...it's actually pretty mean to most entrants for you come on here and act all blasé about whether or not you win, and then it turns out you have a pretty concrete backup plan. Great for you. So maybe, stop entering and leave the chances to those who do actually want it rather than entering and then crowing about how you don't need it.

As for your nonsense about applying before people had heard of it, I actually knew someone who won in the very first one they had. And even if you were applying before some people had heard about it, so what? How does that make you better?

Yeah! 100% but look what year? Hahahahhhah exactly, 2 years ago i was deing to win! But now when my visa is in final stage! I really dont care heheheh

Your visa is in the final stages? You have no idea what you're talking about. NVC does not issue anyone with a visa, so how can your visa be in its final stages if your case is still at NVC, and NVC hasn't informed you the case as been sent to an applicable embassy and you should prepare for your interview or that you can go ahead and file for an adjustment of status if you're currently in the US and indicated you're doing AOS? Oh pulizeee!

You will most definitely drop the current sponsorship process if you were to be fortunate enough to get selected for DV since that's a much more faster process. So again, we're not deceived about your claim of not caring whether you get selected or not. Regardless of what stage your family sponsorship application is at, you obviously want the DV selection as much as most of the other selectees.

And enough of this crap about you knowing or applying for DV before everyone else in this forum - a claim you previously made to Simon about a year or two ago also. You took a look at the displayed registration dates on our profiles and instantly assumed because you or your brother's profile (we don't even know who is who since both of you were using the same profile) was registered earlier, you wrongly assume we must not have known about the program till 5 years or so ago. :rolleyes: Keep deceiving yourself if you think you're the only one who knew about the program way back when it first got started.

Several other applicants have no back up plans on getting a GC outside of the DV lottery. And we're basically saying your posts are coming across as churlish, so you need to stop that.

Ya know...it's actually pretty mean to most entrants for you come on here and act all blasé about whether or not you win, and then it turns out you have a pretty concrete backup plan. Great for you. So maybe, stop entering and leave the chances to those who do actually want it rather than entering and then crowing about how you don't need it.

As for your nonsense about applying before people had heard of it, I actually knew someone who won in the very first one they had. And even if you were applying before some people had heard about it, so what? How does that make you better?
Slow down i ddnt say that i was better than any of you but Mom was attacking me in her words i hope the best for everyone and i didnt say that i jad a backup plan until mom started her words,so iam not playing in anyone feeling ,yes iam very old about the lottery and when u say very old about the lottery u mean the first age of computer and of internet where internet wasnt easy accessable .yes iam very proud of myself, execuse me i ddnt mean to make anyone feel bad., good luck to all

Your visa is in the final stages? You have no idea what you're talking about. NVC does not issue anyone with a visa, so how can your visa be in its final stages if your case is still at NVC, and NVC hasn't informed you the case as been sent to an applicable embassy and you should prepare for your interview or that you can go ahead and file for an adjustment of status if you're currently in the US and indicated you're doing AOS? Oh pulizeee!

You will most definitely drop the current sponsorship process if you were to be fortunate enough to get selected for DV since that's a much more faster process. So again, we're not deceived about your claim of not caring whether you get selected or not. Regardless of what stage your family sponsorship application is at, you obviously want the DV selection as much as most of the other selectees.
Hehe well, y ur so mad abt it, if its truth or not? What ur getting? Would it be good enough to give u my case number and u check it @ ceac? To see if its true or not

And yes i hVe an idea of what an talking! And i know what am talking! Kid, u think u r kings of visas now , ? How old r u ?

Slow down i ddnt say that i was better than any of you but Mom was attacking me in her words i hope the best for everyone and i didnt say that i jad a backup plan until mom started her words,so iam not playing in anyone feeling ,yes iam very old about the lottery and when u say very old about the lottery u mean the first age of computer and of internet where internet wasnt easy accessable .yes iam very proud of myself, execuse me i ddnt mean to make anyone feel bad., good luck to all

But you said you didn't care if you won before you came up with the backup plan story when you felt you needed to justify what you'd said previously.

And for whatever it matters, the person I mentioned won in FY1995, like I said, the very first year of the lottery. Other people than you did actually know how to use a mailbox.

Anyway..... We don't care. You're acting like a child, grow up.

But you said you didn't care if you won before you came up with the backup plan story when you felt you needed to justify what you'd said previously.

And for whatever it matters, the person I mentioned won in FY1995, like I said, the very first year of the lottery. Other people than you did actually know how to use a mailbox.

Anyway..... We don't care. You're acting like a child, grow up.
Exactly , if u dont care, y ur makin it a big deal, guys if u say its a fake storry it is then :| watever u say, i know myself right?

She doesn't have to drop anything. She is a moderator here and spent countless hours helping people. You are acting like a child and need to do as I am telling you. That is an end to the matter.
Henr whatever people! U make me feel that u r gods, or how should i say, u should b democratic as the country u immigrated to, share all views amd thoughts, not implying for a block! Thats not a good way for discussion