• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 WINNERS FROM CAMEROON

Hello Charisma, I am a Cameroonian who won the DV lottery 2015, i already went for the interview but was missing a document and was asked to send it when i have it then they will issue my visa together with my wife and two children. I just got the document and will mail it today. But my Question is, have you been in touch with any one who has already gone to USA under DV 2015. Are you given a temporary Resident permit at port of entry that can enable out of USA before your Resident card ever comes? I want to enter USA and go out just after 1 month to finish up with my stuff within 5 months before moving completely. your response will be helpful. thanks for the forum
Got called up yet?

Hello everyone, I have lived in both Bamenda( from birth) and Buea (university) for more than 6 months. Do I need Cert of Non-Conviction from both towns?

Hello guys. I need you help.
My CN is AF45***
1) I will like to find out when I can go current
2) how long does it take for a police certificate to expire
3) does the Yaounde embassy ask for affidavit of support.
Or for a family of 4, how much will I need in my bank statements to proof I will not be a public charge.
Thank you

Thanks Britsimon once more for the free advice you give. Its really been helpful

Hello guys. I need you help.
My CN is AF45***
1) I will like to find out when I can go current
2) how long does it take for a police certificate to expire
3) does the Yaounde embassy ask for affidavit of support.
Or for a family of 4, how much will I need in my bank statements to proof I will not be a public charge.
Thank you

Thanks Britsimon once more for the free advice you give. Its really been helpful
I'm not britsimon,but I can help out from the things IV learned from this forum and britsimon about the process.
. To answer your 1st question I can't tell for sure when you will go current,but ur number is very safe. But as for the second and third question,I can tell that the police record should be valid for 6months and IV heard from a number of dv winners who have already gone for an interview that yaounde embassy doesn't need an affidavit of support for dv cases....

I'm not britsimon,but I can help out from the things IV learned from this forum and britsimon about the process.
. To answer your 1st question I can't tell for sure when you will go current,but ur number is very safe. But as for the second and third question,I can tell that the police record should be valid for 6months and IV heard from a number of dv winners who have already gone for an interview that yaounde embassy doesn't need an affidavit of support for dv cases....
dv applicants dnt need bank statement in yaounde embassy or affidavit of support,if have someone your goin to stay with its ok

Stiffi - you answers were good and it is essential that people support each other with local info. However, be careful with the statements you make. If information is "watered down" it eventually becomes inaccurate - and inaccurate information WILL cost someone their visa.

So - to clarify. Yaounde embassy seems to accept the host system. A host, particularly one that is related to you or a good friend, will be a reassurance to the CO that you will not become a public charge. So - in the majority of cases that will be all that is asked.

However, it is not impossible, for one reason or another, that a CO could still ask for proof of savings (which should be around $10,000 per person) or even an I-134. If the selectee does not have that available - the CO will place on the selectee on AP pending production of that proof. AP in the last couple of months of the DV year could RUIN the chance of the selectee.

So - some selectees might want to be aware of the full requirement even though the CO in Yaounde is "unlikely" to ask for that....

Stiffi - you answers were good and it is essential that people support each other with local info. However, be careful with the statements you make. If information is "watered down" it eventually becomes inaccurate - and inaccurate information WILL cost someone their visa.

So - to clarify. Yaounde embassy seems to accept the host system. A host, particularly one that is related to you or a good friend, will be a reassurance to the CO that you will not become a public charge. So - in the majority of cases that will be all that is asked.

However, it is not impossible, for one reason or another, that a CO could still ask for proof of savings (which should be around $10,000 per person) or even an I-134. If the selectee does not have that available - the CO will place on the selectee on AP pending production of that proof. AP in the last couple of months of the DV year could RUIN the chance of the selectee.

So - some selectees might want to be aware of the full requirement even though the CO in Yaounde is "unlikely" to ask for that....
thanks britsimon,I appreciate it

Hello everyone, I have lived in both Bamenda( from birth) and Buea (university) for more than 6 months. Do I need Cert of Non-Conviction from both towns?
Hello dear,
You need it only from one in as much as is in cameroon. Its only apply ,if you have live out of the country for more that six months eg, if u lived in nigeria for seven months,then you need a non conviction from nigeria.

Hope all is well. All those asking, fiancee was approved since February and looking to move anytime soon.
Congrates ,but you needed to come and share her experience here so all of us will learn from it and be happy for her as well. Is like we cameroonians are not seriouse. We need to updates our friends on what questions were ask in our embassy so others may corrects their docs. Is like no one has been given a visa here meanwhile they have and we do not share experiences. I like the kenyian forum when it comes to this issue.

hello, guys I have a friend who won the lottery ,her case number is AF35000, we don't know yet when she can receive her confirmation./.

To me, interview experience is not essential unless you got complications. If your stuff is straight, it wont be a competitive entrance exam.
Congrates ,but you needed to come and share her experience here so all of us will learn from it and be happy for her as well. Is like we cameroonians are not seriouse. We need to updates our friends on what questions were ask in our embassy so others may corrects their docs. Is like no one has been given a visa here meanwhile they have and we do not share experiences. I like the kenyian forum when it comes to this issue.

I submitted the form DS-260 online, early Feb 2015. I have not heard from KCC since then. Case no. 2015 AF0001xx. Getting discouraged.Is there still hopes? help please!