• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 WINNERS FROM CAMEROON

Hello everyone, My host (affidavit of support provider) recently told me that I will be living but with his friend in another state. Can did pose a problem given that I have just my host information on my submitted ds260 form.
A lot of people tend to make a big deal of the host issue. For the most part (except for fear of becoming a public charge), what is needed of you is an accessible mailing address where your green card will be sent so you can get it without stress. For that reason, changing your host is no trouble and can even be done at your interview or at the port of entry. So do not worry about the change. Just be sure to mention who the host is to you to clear any possible suspicions of becoming a public charge. Luckily, Yde is one of those few embassies that don't bug for AOS so don't even mention it unless you won't stress much to get it.

A lot of people tend to make a big deal of the host issue. For the most part (except for fear of becoming a public charge), what is needed of you is an accessible mailing address where your green card will be sent so you can get it without stress. For that reason, changing your host is no trouble and can even be done at your interview or at the port of entry. So do not worry about the change. Just be sure to mention who the host is to you to clear any possible suspicions of becoming a public charge. Luckily, Yde is one of those few embassies that don't bug for AOS so don't even mention it unless you won't stress much to get it.
Thanks @Charisma. Clear explanation.

Hello everyone,
Once your VISA is approved, is it possible to go the US and return back home to roundup a few things before eventually moving permanently, If it's possible, then
1. For how long are you required to be in the US before you can return home.
2. How soon would you be expected to return back to the US permanently?

Hello everyone,
Once your VISA is approved, is it possible to go the US and return back home to roundup a few things before eventually moving permanently, If it's possible, then
1. For how long are you required to be in the US before you can return home.
2. How soon would you be expected to return back to the US permanently?

1. 1 minute.
2. 12 months.