• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just found out I was selected last year

Just called KCC again and nothing new.
I also asked them what is the last days they send 2nd notification letters for September interviews and they said by August 15th.

No - that is incorrect. The August 15 deadline is for OCTOBER interviews (DV2017). In a week or two they will start work on scheduling those case (October interviews). It is important to get your interview scheduled in the next few days. I would call them back and refer to the earlier conversation and point out the confusion.

No - that is incorrect. The August 15 deadline is for OCTOBER interviews (DV2017). In a week or two they will start work on scheduling those case (October interviews). It is important to get your interview scheduled in the next few days. I would call them back and refer to the earlier conversation and point out the confusion.

Is it not possible that they do 2016 "stragglers" up till then, too? There is no hard and fast rule I'm aware of of a deadline for setting interviews, as illustrated by the person I know from DV2012 - I know it was a very different circumstance but they can certainly schedule in short order if they need to.

Is it not possible that they do 2016 "stragglers" up till then, too? There is no hard and fast rule I'm aware of of a deadline for setting interviews, as illustrated by the person I know from DV2012 - I know it was a very different circumstance but they can certainly schedule in short order if they need to.

It's possible they deal with stragglers that way, yes - BUT anytime things are outside "the normal" procedures, the risk is higher.

Ok I am confused my friends.I ll wait till around 2PM EDT and give them a call and double check with the deadlines.I hope today is not the last day ..:(

Ok I am confused my friends.I ll wait till around 2PM EDT and give them a call and double check with the deadlines.I hope today is not the last day ..:(

As Susie said, we have known people be scheduled later than this, but it's worth keeping on top if them.

It is certainly possibly, yet by far not assured that KCC is still in a position to schedule a DV interview for you with the US Consulate in Casablanca. Casablanca is normally rather busy, last but not least as it has 'homeless' status for some foreign citizens, in addition to normal domestic duties. Your only way to find this out is to speak with a knowledgeable person at KCC or to simply just wait and see. Good luck!

It is certainly possibly, yet by far not assured that KCC is still in a position to schedule a DV interview for you with the US Consulate in Casablanca. Casablanca is normally rather busy, last but not least as it has 'homeless' status for some foreign citizens, in addition to normal domestic duties. Your only way to find this out is to speak with a knowledgeable person at KCC or to simply just wait and see. Good luck!
As Susie said, we have known people be scheduled later than this, but it's worth keeping on top if them.
Ok thank you

They just responded of an email to check my status.the email is similar to the ones I have received before except they mentioned info from visa bulletin.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2016 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA: CURRENT

ASIA: CURRENT
Except: Nepal 7,100

EUROPE: CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA: CURRENT

OCEANIA: CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA: CURRENT

The Visa Bulletin athttp://www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html is updated monthly and contains the current allocation cut-off numbers as well as other important information.

I know I can find this info on visa bulletin page,it's just they never mentioned it from an email response.

I just got off the phone with KCC and I double checked with the deadline.
They said that if I don't get an interview notification by August 15th,then I ll have to re-apply for dv2018.

I just got off the phone with KCC and I double checked with the deadline.
They said that if I don't get an interview notification by August 15th,then I ll have to re-apply for dv2018.
Yeah, this sounds about right - certainly nothing will be happening for your DV 2016 case after 08/15, at which time KCC will exclusively focus on scheduling October, DV-2017 interviews. I am afraid those may become some long 14 days for you. Very best of luck, there is still a chance...

Yeah, this sounds about right - certainly nothing will be happening for your DV 2016 case after 08/15, at which time KCC will exclusively focus on scheduling October, DV-2017 interviews. I am afraid those may become some long 14 days for you. Very best of luck, there is still a chance...
Yeah the longest days.
Thank you for your respond.

Called again and now they said they are not scheduling anymore interviews after July 31st,however I can call back at the end of the month in case something unusual happens!
I think this is it...lost it.

Called again and now they said they are not scheduling anymore interviews after July 31st,however I can call back at the end of the month in case something unusual happens!

That's disheartening. Don't leave it until the end of the month. Try again in a few days time.

Very sorry to hear that. In many respects KCC simply is a service provider for US Consulates and their ability to schedule 'non-standard' DV interviews very much depends on the IV calendar fill of the specific US Consulate, in this case Casablanca. Unfortunately, it seems, you may have lost the opportunity for a DV-2016 interview. Hope something unusual may still happen.

:( I agree with Simon....try calling again ....just in case.

Thank you my friends.
I also emailed them yesterday to clarify whether they are done with dv2016 or not and their response was:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin in October 2015 and conclude on September 30, 2016. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

When inquiring about the status of a Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision...

This confuses me!

Thank you my friends.
I also emailed them yesterday to clarify whether they are done with dv2016 or not and their response was:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2016 program will begin in October 2015 and conclude on September 30, 2016. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

When inquiring about the status of a Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision...

This confuses me!
Yeah, this does not provide any additional information on the specific status of your DV case. You can of course call them to find out whether anything changed from last information they provided over the phone. If they re-confirm that no additional DV-2016 Consulate interviews have been/will be scheduled after July 31st, then you can safely assume that there won't be any opportunity for an interview. Sorry.

@Talhicham , I presume you've also re-checked the ESC page. It may be easier /less frustrating in a way simply to check the page daily till mid-August, seeing as you have been given conflicting information by different people at KCC (unfortunately not that unusual) and who's to know you won't be given wrong info on another call. Would be sad if you thought it was all over, and didn't bother to check the page and in the meanwhile the 2NL was up...