• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi everyone. I am in the process of filling out my form i-485 now. Which option do I check for the part 2? I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because....? Do I select the "other basis of eligibility and write DV selectee in the blank space?

Hi everyone. I am in the process of filling out my form i-485 now. Which option do I check for the part 2? I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because....? Do I select the "other basis of eligibility and write DV selectee in the blank space?

Select "H" and write 'DV Selectee Notification Letter Attached' in the blank space

Sooo, it's been 1.5 months since my interview and still nothing, and I think I may know why... I just logged in to the DS-260 website with my case number, and it says that my IV application was "not started" - so my lawyer probably never filed my DS-260. Having said that, I did receive my 2NL letter, so my lawyer clearly did get in touch with the department of state. I suspect that this is maybe why the documents from the department of state haven't reached the Manhattan field office and why I'm still waiting.

I'll ask my lawyer about this soon, but before I do I wanted to ask everyone here what they thought first. Do you think I should now fill the DS-260? Would that help at this stage or would it just confuse matters?

Also, what's the longest you've ever heard of anyone waiting after an interview? I'm starting to climb the walls right now!

Thanks all!

Remind me, have you recently contacted KCC to find out if your case file has been requested by your FO and sent out to them accordingly? Even though you've been able to confirm your lawyer didn't fill out the DS form on your behalf, I'm certain it's not the reason your case is yet to be approved. I wouldn't recommend you fill and submit the form now since you've already had your interview, may end up causing more harm than good. What you're currently experiencing is not unusual, even for a DV case unfortunately. Plus the NYC FO is seriously backlogged, just like @ndubs just confirmed above. I would suggest you schedule an infopass on your own and pay the FO a visit, stop relying on your lawyer (yeah, I know you paid him/her(?) thousands of dollars :p).

Also the NYC FO has been experiencing heavy delays since late last year because the Queens FO "flooded" and had to close down and all cases were forwarded to NYC FO, mine included - this has since caused a major backlog at the NYC office and I am pretty sure they are in no hurry to stop hiding behind that excuse any time soon, judging by how laid back they appeared to be when I was there last...I know that does not answer your question but just thought that could also be contributing to the delay you are experiencing in some way or another..

Super useful info, @ndubs, thanks for that. I'll keep on hoping!

Remind me, have you recently contacted KCC to find out if your case file has been requested by your FO and sent out to them accordingly? Even though you've been able to confirm your lawyer didn't fill out the DS form on your behalf, I'm certain it's not the reason your case is yet to be approved. I wouldn't recommend you fill and submit the form now since you've already had your interview, may end up causing more harm than good. What you're currently experiencing is not unusual, even for a DV case unfortunately. Plus the NYC FO is seriously backlogged, just like @ndubs just confirmed above. I would suggest you schedule an infopass on your own and pay the FO a visit, stop relying on your lawyer (yeah, I know you paid him/her(?) thousands of dollars :p).

Thanks for the response, Sm1smom - very useful as ever

I did not recently contact the KCC. Is that something I can do? Would you recommend I do it by phone or email? I won't do the DS-260.

And don't remind me about those thousands of dollars haha! I'm telling you, they should have a link to this forum on the selection letter, and it'd save everyone a whole lot of money (apart from the lawyers!)

Thanks for the response, Sm1smom - very useful as ever

I did not recently contact the KCC. Is that something I can do? Would you recommend I do it by phone or email? I won't do the DS-260.

And don't remind me about those thousands of dollars haha! I'm telling you, they should have a link to this forum on the selection letter, and it'd save everyone a whole lot of money (apart from the lawyers!)

Yep, pick up the phone and give them a call. Ask if your case file has been sent to your FO, if they say 'yes', ask then when was it sent. You should also schedule an INFOPASS and pay your FO a visit like I earlier suggested.

I expect my number to be current August . I am currently in USA. IF my number is current in August when Should I submit my I485 form.

I expect my number to be current August . I am currently in USA. IF my number is current in August when Should I submit my I485 form.

Early processing starts from when the VB that gives adavanced notice of your case number being current is released. So - if you were current in August you would be able to submit your I485 once the VB in June is released (roughly mid June). That extra 6 weeks or so is very useful...

Yep, pick up the phone and give them a call. Ask if your case file has been sent to your FO, if they say 'yes', ask then when was it sent. You should also schedule an INFOPASS and pay your FO a visit like I earlier suggested.

So I phoned the KCC, and they claim that they forwarded my case file to the FO two days after my interview (almost 1.5 months ago), so I guess that's not the problem.

I tried to make an infopass, but it turns out there are no infopass appointments available at the New York FO currently. Fabulous. I'll keep on checking to see if I can find an available infopass...

BTW, we're about to get a whole bunch of new people joining our little club tomorrow! How exciting!

Hi,
I am arranging my AOS package. Where do I get the tax transcript? I have a pdf but I am not sure if it is the right one. eHe one I have has all the details that is, it is a copy of the forms I filed. IT is too long 16 pages or so, I am not sure if that is the one. Also, does applying for EAD and AP delay the AOS process?
Thanks!

Hi,
I am arranging my AOS package. Where do I get the tax transcript? I have a pdf but I am not sure if it is the right one. eHe one I have has all the details that is, it is a copy of the forms I filed. IT is too long 16 pages or so, I am not sure if that is the one. Also, does applying for EAD and AP delay the AOS process?
Thanks!
Oops its around 50-60 pages, its the actual filed forms, so how do I get the tax return transcript?

Hi,
Thanks!

Oops its around 50-60 pages, its the actual filed forms, so how do I get the tax return transcript?

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Applying for the AP/EAD card typically does not delay the AOS process

So I phoned the KCC, and they claim that they forwarded my case file to the FO two days after my interview (almost 1.5 months ago), so I guess that's not the problem.

I tried to make an infopass, but it turns out there are no infopass appointments available at the New York FO currently. Fabulous. I'll keep on checking to see if I can find an available infopass...

BTW, we're about to get a whole bunch of new people joining our little club tomorrow! How exciting!

A'right, just managed to get an INFOPASS appointment in two weeks. Just to make sure I checked the right box, the kind of appointment I chose is:
Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.​
Is that correct?

Thanks!

A'right, just managed to get an INFOPASS appointment in two weeks. Just to make sure I checked the right box, the kind of appointment I chose is:
Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.​
Is that correct?

Thanks!

Good to know you've managed to get a date. No big deal about which option was selected, they typically don't make an issue about it and you will still get to explain the reason for your visit anyways.

Hello Mom/Britsimon and everyone,

My wife received GC on 04/24/2015 and i received it today separately. When i went to submit my wife's approval letter during INFO PASS, same FO who took my interview was appointed for my INFO PASS and he knew what to do. Next day, i got notification of Card production and today i received my GC. Thanks to you both for help. Since it was little complicated case, i was worried initially but everything went ok.

Thank you
Xenon_writer

Hello Mom/Britsimon and everyone,

My wife received GC on 04/24/2015 and i received it today separately. When i went to submit my wife's approval letter during INFO PASS, same FO who took my interview was appointed for my INFO PASS and he knew what to do. Next day, i got notification of Card production and today i received my GC. Thanks to you both for help. Since it was little complicated case, i was worried initially but everything went ok.

Thank you
Xenon_writer

All's well that ends well - Congratulations!

Hi Everyone,

It's been more than week that I've received my NOA, but I have not received the bio letter. Some people who've received their NOA after me have already got the bio letter. Do you think it's a good idea to contact someone if I don't get it by the end of the week? if so, then should I call the KCC?

Thanks,
Armin