• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Thanks a lot @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon for your prompt response. I really appreciate it :)
One more question. What's the worst that could happen if the CO doesn't accept an expired police report? Can they just deny me a visa outright for not providing a valid police report? Or worst case scenario they'll put me under AP until I provide a new one? I know it's very unlikely given what you said above but I just wanna imagine what the worst case scenario would be.
Thanks guys :)

As mom said, you'll be put on AP pending submission, but they won't ask you to get what their own database says you can't....

Thank you very much for your answer.
I was just wondering when should I unlock my form to:
1- Correct the error about the last five U.S. visits (and if this is crucial or not)
2- Update my job situation knowing that I will only stop working for this startup on September 30th
Basically I am not sure if I should unlock my case twice or if I should wait until I end my current employment and then correct both changes at the same time.
And finally, in the unlikely event that I receive the notification in September, then how should I mention the change to KCC?
I think life is continuous and and so is the processing,what if your(employer) terminate you Job a week to your interview,will you pursue UNLOCKING? the answer is NO.The whole thing about Education,Jobs and Areas you Have Visited revolves around your CAPACITY and ABILITY to live and work without becoming a public charge and not necessarily to Investigate or INTERROGATE your character.The best thing to do,is every time an a foreseen issue crops up,just write an email to KCC and carry the correspondences to the Interview.

Hi, first time poster here. I have a question I can’t seem to find the answer too, and the KCC weren’t able to provide much guidance. When I entered DV2015 I was married, and I will be officially divorced in September. I need to remove my ex-spouse from the DS260 (I have completed my own DS260 and have received a confirmation number). I asked the KCC and they only gave me instructions for adding applicants, not removing applicants. My case number is 2015OC000002XX – from what I have read this appears quite low so I should have a good chance at an interview this year. Does someone know if I will get an interview appointment if I have my spouse still on my DS260 as “incomplete”? Thanks!
Thanks for your concern,
1) If you called KCC regarding the same ,different contractors will give different answers and some might seem unsatisfactory.
2) The best answer KCC will give you is DON'T fill his form "just live it untouched" but on the other side the instruction says that your process will NOT start until all DS are filled.(I refer to a real (similar) case and that's how they responded.
3)In your DS under the spouse your indication to the answer:Is the person traveling with you-SAY NO,If No is he going to join later SAY NO.This PUTS THE FINAL NAIL ON THE COFFIN.however to be on a safe side write an email indicating the changes(divorce) and scan and email any supporting document even if its NOT required at this stage.This for your defense during Interview if any issue arises.

Last edited:
As mom said, you'll be put on AP pending submission, but they won't ask you to get what their own database says you can't....
Thanks heaps @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ :)
I thought the CO's expectation would have been "if it's your home country, go back there and get one" but I guess the system is more lenient than I thought.
Thanks a lot for putting my mind into peace :)

1) I did not know until recently that it's a good idea to take your expired passports to visa interview. Is there any official source for this information ? I am sure any Consulate may have any better way to screen your travel history than ask for an expired password.

2) When I went to USA in the past, I got part of my old passport page ripped out by one of US custom officials when they were pulling out my arrival card. I would think this may result in getting in some additional questions at the interview ?

Hii,
I have been selected for DV2015 and my CN is AF00039xxx(Sudan) , up to now I didt get notification from KCC , so could you help for interview month … Thank you…

Hello @Hishamali ,am from Sudan as well
Anyway according to Dv-2014 your interview will be on June (or around that time), so u won't get a 2NL before April..

hello everyone, i really appreciate ur help.

regarding the financial statement, i am a student, is it ok to present a joined bank account with my dad? i will also get affidavit of support from the US
we plan to open the account now, and my interview is expected in august 2015

thanks..

If your father is supporting you though this joint bank account, and is not a US resident then he should write an affidavit to say he intends to continue to support you. As a non resident he cannot use the I134, but his support (and sufficient proof of assets) will be convincing evidence.

Thanks a lot sir!
my father proposed putting some money in an account under both our names, so in addition to that he should write an affidavit.
the form I134 is for extra measure, and it will be from my aunt and uncle who are american citizens.

Then you have everything covered.

Can someone help me out a bit please?
My case number is 2015AS000015**. So, most probably I should be receiving the confirmation of an interview by now. I haven't received any e-mail as of yet. Should I contact the KCC? Or should I wait?

Can someone help me out a bit please?
My case number is 2015AS000015**. So, most probably I should be receiving the confirmation of an interview by now. I haven't received any e-mail as of yet. Should I contact the KCC? Or should I wait?

The DS260 seems to have slowed the process down. If you didn't submit your form by end of May it seems that was too late for October interviews. So - you'll interview in November.

When reading through the visa interview forum, one of the most popular questions at the visa interview would be "Why are you playing this lotto" or "Why do you want to come to the USA ?". The simple answer would be more opportunities and a higher standard of living than anywhere else, an ability to travel as this country is so big. What do you think would be other reasons and it would be nice to know what other participants would have to answer ? Any other ideas ?

When reading through the visa interview forum, one of the most popular questions at the visa interview would be "Why are you playing this lotto" or "Why do you want to come to the USA ?". The simple answer would be more opportunities and a higher standard of living than anywhere else, an ability to travel as this country is so big. What do you think would be other reasons and it would be nice to know what other participants would have to answer ? Any other ideas ?

What is important is the answer that is true for YOU.

The DS260 seems to have slowed the process down. If you didn't submit your form by end of May it seems that was too late for October interviews. So - you'll interview in November.
Britsimon, we have submitted the ds260 in july do you think we can have the interview in November?

Dear All, I am new for this blog, I was wondering if you give me your idea about the following issues
I filled my DS260 wrongly without mentioning previous visa refusal, should I unlock and correct it. BTW after the refusal I have visitor visa now. Does it affect my interview if i leave it as it is?

Dear All, I am new for this blog, I was wondering if you give me your idea about the following issues
I filled my DS260 wrongly without mentioning previous visa refusal, should I unlock and correct it. BTW after the refusal I have visitor visa now. Does it affect my interview if i leave it as it is?

You should probably correct that. It is very important to be completely honest in your immigration forms. Most visa refusals will have no impact on the DV case anyway - but being less than 100% honest can cause issues.

Yep! You should unlock the form and provide that information. That's not the sort of thing you hold back on, especially if the form asks for that.

desrs
I lost my email that i registered with, last October , after that i got winning msg when i fill out Ds-260 i wrote new email and i submitted it and got reply from kccdv@....... , that my submitting is succeed , is every thing Ok .. or do I need the lost email

I don't know how do you depend on last years bulletins and each year is deferent for instance : in 2012 in Asia the cut off number was 40500 and in 2014 was 13350. So years are not equal , every year has it's deferent numbers .Just delusion or what >> May I know ??