• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi,

DS-260 submitted on August 11, case number 2015EU00004XXX

I have a few more questions:

- When I provided the information on my last five U.S. visits, I forgot the most recent one. What happens is that I was supposed to submit my DS-260 (everything was ready) before my 2-day trip to Durango, Mexico at the beginning of August, but then I had to postpone it and I submitted everything when I returned and I completely forgot about this change.

I just realized that so should I contact KCC and tell them about this trip and/or should I ask to unlock my form and correct the error myself?

- Another event came up, I am currently working for a startup company but it is not going well at all (I am still not getting paid) so I will most certainly stop at the end of September and go back to France. I have opted for Consulate Processing so I have to go back anyway for the interview. This was not supposed to happen so I am not sure how I should deal with this.

Since I have delayed my DS-260 submission there are two potential scenarios, and I would like to know how I should let KCC know about this change in the situation depending on when my interview is scheduled?
.First case scenario: I receive my interview notification before the end of September
.Second case scenario: I do not receive my interview notification before the end of September

I wish I would not delay my interview more than I already did, but I really want to make things right whatever it takes.

Thank you so much for your priceless help!

Hi,

DS-260 submitted on August 11, case number 2015EU00004XXX

I have a few more questions:

- When I provided the information on my last five U.S. visits, I forgot the most recent one. What happens is that I was supposed to submit my DS-260 (everything was ready) before my 2-day trip to Durango, Mexico at the beginning of August, but then I had to postpone it and I submitted everything when I returned and I completely forgot about this change.

I just realized that so should I contact KCC and tell them about this trip and/or should I ask to unlock my form and correct the error myself?

- Another event came up, I am currently working for a startup company but it is not going well at all (I am still not getting paid) so I will most certainly stop at the end of September and go back to France. I have opted for Consulate Processing so I have to go back anyway for the interview. This was not supposed to happen so I am not sure how I should deal with this.

Since I have delayed my DS-260 submission there are two potential scenarios, and I would like to know how I should let KCC know about this change in the situation depending on when my interview is scheduled?
.First case scenario: I receive my interview notification before the end of September
.Second case scenario: I do not receive my interview notification before the end of September

I wish I would not delay my interview more than I already did, but I really want to make things right whatever it takes.

Thank you so much for your priceless help!

Specifics of your case aside, note that they only seem to schedule interviews once a month. If you submitted on 11 August, I think there is a very high probability that you submitted too late for your form to be processed in time to be notified in September. Also KCC have said before that unlocked a previously submitted DS260 does not delay scheduling. So the earliest I think you could expect is a notification in October, for a December interview; and, if they are still very busy at KCC and take longer to process your form, even that may be pushed out a month, though I think this would be a much less likely outcome.

I can't quite figure out what you "have to deal with" about going back to France, if you have opted for CP anyway??

Specifics of your case aside, note that they only seem to schedule interviews once a month. If you submitted on 11 August, I think there is a very high probability that you submitted too late for your form to be processed in time to be notified in September. Also KCC have said before that unlocked a previously submitted DS260 does not delay scheduling. So the earliest I think you could expect is a notification in October, for a December interview; and, if they are still very busy at KCC and take longer to process your form, even that may be pushed out a month, though I think this would be a much less likely outcome.

I can't quite figure out what you "have to deal with" about going back to France, if you have opted for CP anyway??

Thank you very much for your answer.
I was just wondering when should I unlock my form to:
1- Correct the error about the last five U.S. visits (and if this is crucial or not)
2- Update my job situation knowing that I will only stop working for this startup on September 30th
Basically I am not sure if I should unlock my case twice or if I should wait until I end my current employment and then correct both changes at the same time.
And finally, in the unlikely event that I receive the notification in September, then how should I mention the change to KCC?

Thank you very much for your answer.
I was just wondering when should I unlock my form to:
1- Correct the error about the last five U.S. visits (and if this is crucial or not)
2- Update my job situation knowing that I will only stop working for this startup on September 30th
Basically I am not sure if I should unlock my case twice or if I should wait until I end my current employment and then correct both changes at the same time.
And finally, in the unlikely event that I receive the notification in September, then how should I mention the change to KCC?

Unlock the form now and update the US visits. There's no big deal about the job change, you can always update that at the time if your interview.

Hi, first time poster here. I have a question I can’t seem to find the answer too, and the KCC weren’t able to provide much guidance. When I entered DV2015 I was married, and I will be officially divorced in September. I need to remove my ex-spouse from the DS260 (I have completed my own DS260 and have received a confirmation number). I asked the KCC and they only gave me instructions for adding applicants, not removing applicants. My case number is 2015OC000002XX – from what I have read this appears quite low so I should have a good chance at an interview this year. Does someone know if I will get an interview appointment if I have my spouse still on my DS260 as “incomplete”? Thanks!

Thank you susie, i have made conclusion that if my wife would not give me divorce than i shall attend the interview myself only because they will follow to join me latter date which i have filled in ds 260. N if they wish to come then they will arrange interview otherwise i will latter filled i130 for them if they wish to come but if she gives me divorce then again i will attend the interview myself only because i made up mind that i will not marry after getting divorce immidiately it looks suspicious in my case.
?'s your case no. dude.
Your wife not wanna come to US is bit confusing.
If you finalize your divorce lets say and you take your newly wife for the interview sounds fishy to the interviewer and you have chances to get rejected.
Maybe your plan that she won't hassle you if you bring her here in US.
Your name sound like you from Nepal. People from Nepal have a dream to come to USA.
If you have filled Ds-260 with your kid and wife. Persuade them to get the GC visa. Its there wish to come or not after you finalize your divorce back home.

now the visa bulletin for october is released and my case no is within the cutoff ie between 400-500 from asia region.now likely when shall i get the second letter .plz help
If you have timely filed ds-260 form you will get 2nl at the month of october. If so also you don't get it. email to kcc. they are there to help you. Your case number is very low so be happy.
Visa rejection happens during interview only if you have faked something.
Chances of not getting a second letter is for those whose case number are higher than cut off at the end of sep 2015.
Looking at your post you are in a rush to reach US.

Hii,
I have been selected for DV2015 and my CN is AF00039xxx(Sudan) , up to now I didt get notification from KCC , so could you help for interview month … Thank you…

Hi, first time poster here. I have a question I can’t seem to find the answer too, and the KCC weren’t able to provide much guidance. When I entered DV2015 I was married, and I will be officially divorced in September. I need to remove my ex-spouse from the DS260 (I have completed my own DS260 and have received a confirmation number). I asked the KCC and they only gave me instructions for adding applicants, not removing applicants. My case number is 2015OC000002XX – from what I have read this appears quite low so I should have a good chance at an interview this year. Does someone know if I will get an interview appointment if I have my spouse still on my DS260 as “incomplete”? Thanks!

Hi, call KCC and tell them that you need to remove your ex husband. And bring your divorced certificate at the interview.

Hello all,

I have a question regarding police report.

My CN is DV2015 AS26XX so, I'm expecting an interview around November if all goes well. Currently I'm residing in Malaysia (which is not my home country) where I'll be having my interview. I have gathered all the required documents including a police report from my home country when I visited there early May. However, this police report is valid for six months and expires on November 4. I got the police report on May 4 and left my home country the following day (May 5th) and haven't been back there ever since and won't be any time before my interview. Additionally, the reciprocity page of the Department of State for my home country under police records indicates that they are available to citizens and non-citizens who are PHYSICALLY present there, UNAVAILABLE to others.

If I get an interview before Nov. 4, then there should be no problem as the certificate would still be valid. However, if I get an interview after that (which is very likely), then the certificate would be expired.
So my question is: would I have a problem showing up with an expired police report given the above facts? Do I need to make a trip back home (which will cost me a lot of money) just to get a new police record?

I would appreciate your enlightenment on this especially senior members here.

Thanks,

Sam

Hello all,

My CN is DV2015 AS26XX so, I'm expecting an interview around November if all goes well. Currently I'm residing in Malaysia (which is not my home country) where I'll be having my interview. I have gathered all the required documents including a police report from my home country when I visited there early May. However, this police report is valid for six months and expires on November 4. I got the police report on May 4 and left my home country the following day (May 5th) and haven't been back there ever since and won't be any time before my interview. Additionally, the reciprocity page of the Department of State for my home country under police records indicates that they are available to citizens and non-citizens who are PHYSICALLY present there, UNAVAILABLE to others.

If I get an interview before Nov. 4, then there should be no problem as the certificate would still be valid. However, if I get an interview after that (which is very likely), then the certificate would be expired.
So my question is: would I have a problem showing up with an expired police report given the above facts? Do I need to make a trip back home (which will cost me a lot of money) just to get a new police record?

Thanks,

Sam

Print out the copy of the reciprocity page that says it is not available to people not present there,and take the existing one you have along even if it is expired. You will be fine.

Hi Guys
First of all congraaats everyone,hope all of u will go through smoothly :).I am new in this forum,just wondering is AF00059*** a high CN , and when roughly should i expect my interview ..

Hi Guys
First of all congraaats everyone,hope all of u will go through smoothly :).I am new in this forum,just wondering is AF00059*** a high CN , and when roughly should i expect my interview ..
I would say july ~ august.
Its a good number BTW

S

If not unlocking ,send an email highlighting the correct answer and take the replies to the Interview.
Thank you Simon ! But in addition to Sussie's 'irrelevancy' answer , read in some threads that a 'NO' answer could also be viable to the ''
Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but
have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? '' question . Any experience on that ?

Hello all,

Thanks,

Sam

Print out the copy of the reciprocity page that says it is not available to people not present there,and take the existing one you have along even if it is expired. You will be fine.

Exactly right. Further, people have been successful having out of date police reports because they have not been present in that country after the period covered by the report. So no, don't make special effort to get a report that USCIS website says you cannot obtain.

Thank you Simon ! But in addition to Sussie's 'irrelevancy' answer , read in some threads that a 'NO' answer could also be viable to the ''
Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but
have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? '' question . Any experience on that ?

Again, this answer is not directed at DV cases. If you want to be most accurate the answer is yes because a) you will most likely work in an occupation that is skilled or unskilled and b) you will not have the labor certification. The point is however there is no impact of a yes OR a no answer to that question for a DV case.

Exactly right. Further, people have been successful having out of date police reports because they have not been present in that country after the period covered by the report. So no, don't make special effort to get a report that USCIS website says you cannot obtain.
Thanks a lot @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon for your prompt response. I really appreciate it :)
One more question. What's the worst that could happen if the CO doesn't accept an expired police report? Can they just deny me a visa outright for not providing a valid police report? Or worst case scenario they'll put me under AP until I provide a new one? I know it's very unlikely given what you said above but I just wanna imagine what the worst case scenario would be.
Thanks guys :)

Thanks a lot @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon for your prompt response. I really appreciate it :)
One more question. What's the worst that could happen if the CO doesn't accept an expired police report? Can they just deny me a visa outright for not providing a valid police report? Or worst case scenario they'll put me under AP until I provide a new one? I know it's very unlikely given what you said above but I just wanna imagine what the worst case scenario would be.
Thanks guys :)

No the CO wouldn't deny your application based on that, they will put you on AP and ask you to provide a new one.