• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I am not sure, but i think this maybe only mistyping in the instruction. even in the page of USCIS-Our Fees it is written:
"
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (certain applicants under the age of 14 years) = $ 750"

Like mom implied, you're overthinking it. "13" includes anything up to 13 years 364 days. That is, not 14.

I am not sure, but i think this maybe only mistyping in the instruction. even in the page of USCIS-Our Fees it is written:
"
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (certain applicants under the age of 14 years) = $ 750"

Okay do what you think is right - it's your case, not mine.

Hum, just realized that I didn't put my tax returns in my AOS package...I sent my last 3 years W2, pay stubs, bank statements, but forgot to add the taxes... Is it still possible to send them in a separate mail ? or i should just wait and bring them with me at the interview ?

Hum, just realized that I didn't put my tax returns in my AOS package...I sent my last 3 years W2, pay stubs, bank statements, but forgot to add the taxes... Is it still possible to send them in a separate mail ? or i should just wait and bring them with me at the interview ?

Take them to the interview appointment - only present them if requested.

Hi, another question: Is there any required bank account balance for the person filling out the I-134? is 2-3k fine??

Thank you.

Hi Forum,
On the I-485 Expires on: my I-20 expires on May 20, 2017. Which would expire before my case gets settled, so should I include the I-20 date or write D/S according to the I-94 ? Has anyone else faced this situation ?

Adding to that,

Is there a specific order of arranging the documents ?
Should we put the memo above the rest of the documents/ the DV 1st letter ?

Last edited:
Hi, another question: Is there any required bank account balance for the person filling out the I-134? is 2-3k fine??

Thank you.

There is no listed amount regarding savings. Please refer to the AOS process spreadsheet for guidance on what to include with an I-134.

Hi Forum,
On the I-485 Expires on: my I-20 expires on May 20, 2017. Which would expire before my case gets settled, so should I include the I-20 date or write D/S according to the I-94 ? Has anyone else faced this situation ?

Adding to that,

Is there a specific order of arranging the documents ?
Should we put the memo above the rest of the documents/ the DV 1st letter ?

1. If your I-94 is listed as D/S, then that's what you need to write.

2. Use your best judgment.

1. Hi our DV lottery number is current in May 2017. We are doing AOS I wanted to make sure whether below memo from USCIS is valid. I have heard despite the memo which states we can file 50 -60 days prior to our immigrant visa being actually available. I've heard some applications submitted early were denied. Can you please shed some light on this.

1. Hi our DV lottery number is current in May 2017. We are doing AOS I wanted to make sure whether below memo from USCIS is valid. I have heard despite the memo which states we can file 50 -60 days prior to our immigrant visa being actually available. I've heard some applications submitted early were denied. Can you please shed some light on this.
I sent mine mid march using the advance notification of the April bulletin released mid march... And i'm only current in May. From what i understood it is legal to do so, and if you get denied you can always discuss and reverse in most of the cases. When you look at the forum you will realize that this denial is pretty rare actually. But i can understand that you don't want to take the risk to lose all the USCIS fees in the case were it is really denied and you had to submit again. But again from what i've seen in the timelines and in the forum this is super rare. Maybe some others here can confirm (or not)

I'm just going to copy and paste what I already wrote regarding the early filing memo on the AOS process spreadsheet:

• Please Note: Some FOs are still denying petitions considered filed prior to the CN being current, regardless of what the Early Filing Memo says. So it's your call whether to file early based on the Memo or wait for your package to be received on the first day of the month for which your CN is current.
  • If your FO denies your petition without an interview due to early filing, you have the option of filing again starting from the 1st day of the month for which your CN is current. You will however have to make a new payment, and may have to redo the medical exam.

The memo is a solid document to justify early filing I-485 and additionally in the USCIS website clearly states that

" Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

Visa Availability

For visa availability,...

Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. "As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status." This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.

A Diversity Immigrant-based adjustment application cannot be adjudicated until a visa can be allocated, as indicated in the Visa Bulletin’s current Diversity Immigrant rank cut-offs for a particular month.""

But as Mom said correctly we should consider the possible risk and be aware of it's consequences.

Hello,

I am getting a little worried. I mailed my AOS package over 2 weeks ago and still have not received a text or email notification. I used USPS Priority (with tracking) and mailed it to the below address (as stated on uscis.gov);

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Was it suppose to go to the other address listed below?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hello,

I am getting a little worried. I mailed my AOS package over 2 weeks ago and still have not received a text or email notification. I used USPS Priority (with tracking) and mailed it to the below address (as stated on uscis.gov);

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Was it suppose to go to the other address listed below?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hi,

What does your tracking info from USPS say? I sent mine through USPS Priority to the same one you did and it worked just fine.