• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

So from your remarks, I'll ask to unlock so that I can update my education with high school. Hopefully, I don't get to delay it again. My number is current (38**) but I completed the form mid-August. Fingers crossed.
Okay, that's the best to do.

Any 2nls for November yet?
Apparently, most 'current' submissions after 30th May aren't receiving 2nls yet.

Honestly myself I'm surprised at the backlog. Had initially thought I would be getting a Nov interview.

Family, i will be having my interview in November. I submitted my forms on 26/5. Did my medicals at Akai clinic today. The total cost is about ghc1633. Thats if you have not taken any of the vaccines recently. If you have taken any of the vaccines recently, then you send your card along and the total cost will reduce.
Paid initial ghc1283. Will pay extra ghc350 when going for the last shots. Police report is still ghc120.

The backlog has been the same pattern for the last 2 years.....
I see. I wonder anyway how the visa bulletin numbers are deduced, doesn't look like it accommodates anyhow for the backlog. 13.0k for last year Nov, 13.5k this year.

Family, i will be having my interview in November. I submitted my forms on 26/5. Did my medicals at Akai clinic today. The total cost is about ghc1633. Thats if you have not taken any of the vaccines recently. If you have taken any of the vaccines recently, then you send your card along and the total cost will reduce.
Paid initial ghc1283. Will pay extra ghc350 when going for the last shots. Police report is still ghc120.
Oh okay.. Great. Thanks for the info.
The medicals cost has already increased... and I hear that price will be increasing again next month...FYI

I see. I wonder anyway how the visa bulletin numbers are deduced, doesn't look like it accommodates anyhow for the backlog. 13.0k for last year Nov, 13.5k this year.

Those numbers are absolute proof they are accounting for the backlog. They want to issue around 20 - 22k visas for AF region over the year - about 2k per month. So - we are two months in, and they have released 13.5k case numbers (with each case representing around 2 people on average). So, if there were no gaps between the cases (there are) and the DS260 backlog didn't exist (it does), then they would only had to have made numbers up to about 3000 current. As it is they made 13.5k current, which is probably around 10k real cases, meaning 70/75% of DS260's were not received in time for October/November interviews.

Those numbers are absolute proof they are accounting for the backlog. They want to issue around 20 - 22k visas for AF region over the year - about 2k per month. So - we are two months in, and they have released 13.5k case numbers (with each case representing around 2 people on average). So, if there were no gaps between the cases (there are) and the DS260 backlog didn't exist (it does), then they would only had to have made numbers up to about 3000 current. As it is they made 13.5k current, which is probably around 10k real cases, meaning 70/75% of DS260's were not received in time for October/November interviews.
So 4+ months processing time...well good to know. In my mind I was thinking: 'why keep adding more cases when there's a backlog?' But the processing time is the only explanation to that.