• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Alright. Quite understandable. When does it look like backlogs will clear?

Hard to say. Because they split the winners into two groups (1st draw, 2nd draw) the backlog effect will reduce, but might have some extra legs when the 2nd draw activity comes in (late September submissions). In a sense, there is always a backlog, because even when there is no "backlog" as such there is a necessary period of processing.

Hard to say. Because they split the winners into two groups (1st draw, 2nd draw) the backlog effect will reduce, but might have some extra legs when the 2nd draw activity comes in (late September submissions). In a sense, there is always a backlog, because even when there is no "backlog" as such there is a necessary period of processing.

There's someone quite unique about your in-depth in knowledge. Which is very enviable. Thanks for the feedback. So from your statement, a submission in mid-August still looks at a Jan/Feb interview?

hello Britsimon, i would like to ask this question, when looking at how the case numbers are scheduled, is it when the main winner DS260 date of submission of form that is used for the scheduling of the forms or when the last derivative DS 260 date of submission that is used. For example if my case has been current since the first bulletin, my first submission was the 6th May, unlock on the 11th,submitted on the 12th and unlock again on 30th and submitted on 1st June. I am the main applicant and my wife the derivative form was submitted on the 23rd August. So which date will be used as my form submission was on the 1st June and the derivative on 23rd August. Case number 2017AF5***

hello Britsimon, i would like to ask this question, when looking at how the case numbers are scheduled, is it when the main winner DS260 date of submission of form that is used for the scheduling of the forms or when the last derivative DS 260 date of submission that is used. For example if my case has been current since the first bulletin, my first submission was the 6th May, unlock on the 11th,submitted on the 12th and unlock again on 30th and submitted on 1st June. I am the main applicant and my wife the derivative form was submitted on the 23rd August. So which date will be used as my form submission was on the 1st June and the derivative on 23rd August. Case number 2017AF5***

It would have been the May/June dates BUT you added a derivative and her form would have taken around 1 month to process. So - it is sufficiently complex that the best advice about when you will be scheduled is "wait and see".

Hello guys would I have to fill the derivative form for my wife if am done with the filling the principal form. if my wife is traveling with me to us should I leave the derivative form untouched or should I fill it for her..plz guys help me

Hello guys would I have to fill the derivative form for my wife if am done with the filling the principal form. if my wife is traveling with me to us should I leave the derivative form untouched or should I fill it for her..plz guys help me

Of course there must be a separate DS-260 form filled and submitted for your wife if the plan is for her to also get a visa as your derivative.

One today to go...
passport (both old and renewed)
American size passport 6
Civil Documents (School Certificates and birth cert.)
Police Report
Medical Report
Confirmation page paper
AOS
$330
Introductory letter for University n transcript..
What am I missing guys???

Got to the embassy at exactly 6:30am After the normal security checks..

Co: hi,how are you
me:am fine n you
Co: great
Co: Raise ur right hand n swear
Me: I did tht

Co: Who is S**** (name of host.)
Me: My girl friend
Co: Name of your sch
me.: Answered
Co..what yr did u complete
Me:Answered
Co: why did u write nov dec two times
Me:answered..
Co: favorite course in sch
Me:answered
Co: What do u want to do in America
Me: Nurse
congratulations take this blue paper n ur original Document pick you visa up in two weeks

Got to the embassy at exactly 6:30am After the normal security checks..

Co: hi,how are you
me:am fine n you
Co: great
Co: Raise ur right hand n swear
Me: I did tht

Co: Who is S**** (name of host.)
Me: My girl friend
Co: Name of your sch
me.: Answered
Co..what yr did u complete
Me:Answered
Co: why did u write nov dec two times
Me:answered..
Co: favorite course in sch
Me:answered
Co: What do u want to do in America
Me: Nurse
congratulations take this blue paper n ur original Document pick you visa up in two weeks

Wow that was a smooth ride. Congrats.