• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Arny am sure if those guys at the embassy really go for the reasons they indicate on the AP papers and if the papers submitted are genuine then people will certainly be given their visa inspite of the time. But if they dont have time to establish the AP reason then we are victims. cOz an Academic papers verification AP to take more than 36 weeks and other 100 and more days. :eek::eek::eek:
Yea that is crazy !

Arny am sure if those guys at the embassy really go for the reasons they indicate on the AP papers and if the papers submitted are genuine then people will certainly be given their visa inspite of the time. But if they dont have time to establish the AP reason then we are victims. cOz an Academic papers verification AP to take more than 36 weeks and other 100 and more days. :eek::eek::eek:
"...if the papers submitted are genuine then people will certainly be given their visa inspite of the time." If this means what I think you meant to be saying, then this is incorrect. By law no DV-2016 based IV must be issued after Friday, September 30, 2016, meaning the DV application must be approved no later than that day in the Consulate's/DoS's IT system with a visa number directly assigned to it. The process of physically printing the visa may actually occur shortly thereafter, i.e. first week of October, on a purely theoretical basis.

Last edited:
"...if the papers submitted are genuine then people will certainly be given their visa inspite of the time." If this means what I think you meant to be saying, then this is incorrect. By law no DV-2016 based IV must be issued after Friday, September 30, 2016, meaning the DV application must be approved no later than that day in the Consulate's/DoS's IT system with a visa number directly assigned to it. The process of physically printing the visa may actually occur shortly thereafter, i.e. first week of October, on a purely theoretical basis.
I understand but all i mean is in-spite of the numbers of days we have been on AP as long as the AP procedures are genuine then guys will be issued before the fiscal yr closes. what scare me is that nobody knows wat is happening in the AP offices at Embassies.

I understand but all i mean is in-spite of the numbers of days we have been on AP as long as the AP procedures are genuine then guys will be issued before the fiscal yr closes. what scare me is that nobody knows wat is happening in the AP offices at Embassies.
OK, this makes sense then. I do hope your hope in this respect is well founded, though. Very best of luck to All affected!

OK, this makes sense then. I do hope your hope in this respect is well founded, though. Very best of luck to All affected!
But Euro 2014 Is there any reason why people with educations papers verification have to be on AP for 36 weeks or even more than 90 days? I could think that the most complex cases are name checks crime and such sensitive things but if an academic paper takes all that time. whats happening?

But Euro 2014 Is there any reason why people with educations papers verification have to be on AP for 36 weeks or even more than 90 days? I could think that the most complex cases are name checks crime and such sensitive things but if an academic paper takes all that time. whats happening?
I am only guessing as much as you are: some top-of-mind thoughts, though - a) evaluation of education credentials through US Consulate in another (home) country? b) US Consulate awaiting confirmation from credential issuing public or private authorities? c) US Consulate trying to confirm that education credentials have been issued to the actual person presenting them? etc. etc. These are just meant to be examples, they might not be directly applicable to your case...

It's possible the person/people with prolonged AP due to what is initially thought to be document verification reasons could as a matter of fact be under pending name checks in addition.

The embassy may also be facing delays from the bodies/organizations they're trying to verify the documents from, and there's nothing they can do until they get a response back.

Yes as Mom says, you need to inform the embassy of the birth. As your medicals have expired, you will need to repeat them, and most likely they will need a medical report for the baby. Don't repeat the medicals until the embassy tells you to do so, but you might want to check with the physician about fees and scheduling of the medicals. Make sure they won't need any document from the embassy to perform a medical for the baby. All of that checking just helps you be prepared. . They will need to request the correct number of visa slots if/when your case clears.

Now, the email response was unusually specific. When they mentioned the "Eligibility Review Unit" it would suggest they had to send your documents to a central processing unit (within KCC) OR, more likely the ERU is some function within each embassy. The marriage cert is probably what required that check - I assume you interviewed at an embassy which was not used to seeing marriage certs from countries where polygamy is practiced.
Hello,
The embassy had not reply to my email informing them about the birth of the baby. Today, my husband went to the embassy, he was able to talk to an agent who checked the case online and see that all requested documents was submitted which my husband confirms and inform him about the baby birth.
He gave a call inside the embassy and asked my husband to redo medical (me and him) and medical for the baby.
He asked him to bring the baby birth certificate and to complete a DS 260 for the baby and bring all as quickly as possible
This said, I have 2 questions;
Q1: Does this mean our AP is going to be cleared?
Q1; How to add the baby to our case, do we have to write to KCC to add DS 260 for the baby?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hello,
The embassy had not reply to my email informing them about the birth of the baby. Today, my husband went to the embassy, he was able to talk to an agent who checked the case online and see that all requested documents was submitted which my husband confirms and inform him about the baby birth.
He gave a call inside the embassy and asked my husband to redo medical (me and him) and medical for the baby.
He asked him to bring the baby birth certificate and to complete a DS 260 for the baby and bring all as quickly as possible
This said, I have 2 questions;
Q1: Does this mean our AP is going to be cleared?
Q1; How to add the baby to our case, do we have to write to KCC to add DS 260 for the baby?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1. I think that is likely - BUT you cannot be sure until the visa is in your hand.
2. The embassy told you to complete the DS260. That is how it will be handled. Now - I assume they expect you to enter the DS260 online, but perhaps they provided a paper version. If it is online, you should be able to add a derivative even with your case locked. KCC won't unlock your form at this point, Anyway - follow their instructions as soon as possible.

Thanks Britsimon, I have just checked DS 260 of my case and can't add derivative.
Where can I download the paper version of DS 260?
Thanks

Thanks Britsimon, I have just checked DS 260 of my case and can't add derivative.
Where can I download the paper version of DS 260?
Thanks

I would have expected the embassy to instruction your husband on that, and perhaps provide the DS260 in a printed format. The DS-260 is supposed to be completed online - so I don't have an "offline" version. Contact the embassy to ask how to complete it.

After a very very long wait, i got 1 status update today:). Even though Britsimon donot usually agree with this issue it some how gave me some more hope;)

After a very very long wait, i got 1 status update today:). Even though Britsimon donot usually agree with this issue it some how gave me some more hope;)
I think they will contact you soon to renew medical exam. prepair appointment but dont do medical exam untill they say to you.