• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

tried to fill the form, can't be able to access the next page before you complete that page, it seems like its impossible to fill out the form UNLESS I get the passport.

Isn't there an option to select 'Other travel document' in place of the passport? Have you tried selecting that? We have reports of people who have been able to submit their DS-260 forms while waiting for their passports.

Isn't there an option to select 'Other travel document' in place of the passport? Have you tried selecting that? We have reports of people who have been able to submit their DS-260 forms while waiting for their passports.
yah their is, never thought of that!!! I will definetly try out that option
thanks alot

Isn't there an option to select 'Other travel document' in place of the passport? Have you tried selecting that? We have reports of people who have been able to submit their DS-260 forms while waiting for their passports.[/QUOTE
hi, Sm1smom
that option really did work out and was able to fill out ds260 form for my son. before submitting the form, their was a form that was to be sign, it was about military issue. do I have to sign it, scan and submit it online?

I have a son who is one month old

Then yes the selective service form needs to be filled, I didn't have to do this but I thought it was just marking a box online, not signing and scanning? Maybe someone else can give details of how - all I can tell you is that it must be filled in for him.

Then yes the selective service form needs to be filled, I didn't have to do this but I thought it was just marking a box online, not signing and scanning? Maybe someone else can give details of how - all I can tell you is that it must be filled in for him.
their is a column whereby one is required to sign, and also have witness name and indicate his title.

Dear Experts!
I am a winner of dv2016 and my interview is on Feb 9th!
I need to pass my medical now which has x-ray exam of a chest .
Right now I have 12 weeks pregnancy - and doing x-ray is very dangerous (during 1st half of pregnancy).
Question is - should this be a no-mercy case? If i have written form of my doctor regarding my pregnancy - should this be fine with non-passing this exam?

Besides this - is there anything else I should be aware of such pregnancy case during interview? I meen - any extra documents etc.?

Thanks in advance!
Ani

Dear Experts!
Right now I have 12 weeks pregnancy - and doing x-ray is very dangerous (during 1st half of pregnancy).
Question is - should this be a no-mercy case? If i have written form of my doctor regarding my pregnancy - should this be fine with non-passing this exam?

Besides this - is there anything else I should be aware of such pregnancy case during interview? I meen - any extra documents etc.?

Thanks in advance!
Ani

The doctor will determine what is and isn't safe in pregnancy and will sign a waiver for you for anything he or she considers unsafe.

The doctor will determine what is and isn't safe in pregnancy and will sign a waiver for you for anything he or she considers unsafe.

Thank You SusieQQQ!
The issue is - doctors do follow the protocol and hope this judjement will be correct and safe.

Anything else I should consider for pregnancy case?
Assume interviewer will be notified by medical.
Anything else I should inform/demonstrate?

Thanks,
Ani

Dear Experts!

Thanks in advance!
Ani

If the applicant is pregnant must she have a chest x-ray?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that women who are pregnant and required to have a medical examination in connection with the issuance of a visa, and are examined in a country currently using the 2007 TB Technical Instructions must have a chest x-ray examination conducted. Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields when they receive the chest radiographs.
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...cess/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

Thank You SusieQQQ!
The issue is - doctors do follow the protocol and hope this judjement will be correct and safe.

Anything else I should consider for pregnancy case?
Assume interviewer will be notified by medical.
Anything else I should inform/demonstrate?

Thanks,
Ani

You most likely will be required to have the chest x-ray. Refusal to do so will result in your being declared medically ineligible for an IV.

Yes inform the doctor at the time of the exam that you're pregnant and they will take the appropriate caution prior to your chest x-ray and the rest of the medical exam. The outcome of the exam will be listed on the report that gets sent to the embassy (or given to you to take along to the embassy, depending on the country where your interview will be taking place.

For any male family members age 26 of below a new window will open with the disclosure of the selective service form. If boy(s) is (are) under 18, you only have to tick a checkbox to acknowledge you have learnt and understood it. No big deal. Just tick it and you will be allowed to complete and send your DS260. I myself have a 6 yo and done it. Not quite sure if something else must be completed if your son is 18 or more.

You most likely will be required to have the chest x-ray. Refusal to do so will result in your being declared medically ineligible for an IV.

Yes inform the doctor at the time of the exam that you're pregnant and they will take the appropriate caution prior to your chest x-ray and the rest of the medical exam. The outcome of the exam will be listed on the report that gets sent to the embassy (or given to you to take along to the embassy, depending on the country where your interview will be taking place.

Thanks a lot!!!
there is another question regarding this one at Medical Examination FAQs section:

"What if there is a medical reason for the applicant to not receive a listed vaccination?
Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician."

I assume pregnancy might be a medical reason for waivers - is this true?
So it might be prohibited to do some vaccination during pregnancy and this will pass under this case - is this correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Ani

Thanks a lot!!!
there is another question regarding this one at Medical Examination FAQs section:

"What if there is a medical reason for the applicant to not receive a listed vaccination?
Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician."

I assume pregnancy might be a medical reason for waivers - is this true?
So it might be prohibited to do some vaccination during pregnancy and this will pass under this case - is this correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Ani

Yes, a medical waiver may be available however I don't think pregnancy is one of the applicable reasons for granting one. Even if pregnancy is, it's not applicable to the DV process. Getting a waiver is a time consuming process, it's not issued or approved by panel doctors, and with the DV process being time limited, it makes getting a waiver inapplicable.

Regarding the vaccines, the doctors are aware of what's medically appropriate for a pregnant person and they wouldn't order ir give anything outside of that.

I'm not sure if waiver in that sense is the same as the usual long process to get a waiver, or just the doctor signing so on the form. For example, our family got waived from varicella vaccinations simply because our country's entire supply had run out at the time of our medicals (our children of course had to get them done for school vaccination requirements after we arrived in the US). The doctor just wrote in the box "waived- vaccine unavailable" (or something like that). I'm assuming that if there is any vaccine contra-indicated for pregnancy, her doctor would do the same type of "waiver".

Annette - as to the question about whether the doctors follow the protocols/judgement etc, your only option is to trust that they do... If you decide you know better and refuse something, as mom said you will have effectively denied yourself the visa.

seriously the bullettin this time around is moving slowly even if its backlog cases I believe even last year had backlog cases but atleast by now AF region had reached 27500 but with AF now crawling at 18500 the numbers are too similar with 2008 even though we might say by then there was nigeria. mr britsimon any take on this?

seriously the bullettin this time around is moving slowly even if its backlog cases I believe even last year had backlog cases but atleast by now AF region had reached 27500 but with AF now crawling at 18500 the numbers are too similar with 2008 even though we might say by then there was nigeria. mr britsimon any take on this?

I've explained all this on my blog for months - but please read this latest post and check the links to other posts that explain everything....

http://britsimonsays.com/more-explanation-about-processing-speed/