• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Does anybody know what are the reasons for not being selected (any reason) if based on previous year your case number would definitely be called for an interview??? I'm just wondering what are the reasons for not being granted your green card if you meet all the requirements and your case number is low enough to secure an interview.....
Thanks

I answered this on the other thread. But posting the same question on multiple threads is perhaps one thing that will get you disqualified.

(Well not really, but don't do it!)

Hi all. Just wondering how many of you have been scheduled for interviews next month? Good luck hope it goes well for you.

Thanks.

Hi sorry another question. In regards to vaccinations did you guys need to get all of the ones in the list?

Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Measles
Meningococcal
Mumps
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Polio
Rotavirus
Rubella
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
Varicella

I have records of all except these ones:

Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Meningococcal
Pneumococcal
Rotavirus

Wondering if I should get them before hand.

Thanks

Just to add on to the above question, if I get the necessary shots "free" through Govt Hospitals before the medical appointment with the panel doctor, and show the records to the panel doctor, will this be recognized as "legitimate vaccinations" and save some costs for getting the needed shots during the medical checkup itself?

Hi guys,
We're thinking of getting all of our vaccines prior to the panel medical. Does anyone know which meningococcal vaccine you need (B or C)?
Thanks!
I' Ve got it all done at my GP and didn't pay a cent. At my medical the doctor said that I don't need any further shots. That's what I showed my GP and he took it from there, what you need
The following age-appropriate vaccinations are requiredfor the immigration examination based on the above criteria or per INA Section 212. (8 U.S.C. 182)(a)(1):

• Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Rotavirus
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal
  • Influenza

Just to add on to the above question, if I get the necessary shots "free" through Govt Hospitals before the medical appointment with the panel doctor, and show the records to the panel doctor, will this be recognized as "legitimate vaccinations" and save some costs for getting the needed shots during the medical checkup itself?

Don't see why not. I scored a freebie whooping cough vaccine through work this week in anticipation for the medical. :D

Hi all! I have a question regarding time frames for entry to the US following a successful interview. Is it correct that if you are granted the Visa at the interview you have six months to enter the US and activate the Visa? Does this mean you must take up residency/ be permanently living there within six months of the interview? Is there flexibility to activate the Visa then leave again to see out work projects etc in another country?

Thanks!

You have six months from the time of your medical to activate your visa. So, say your medical is 1 October, but your interview isn't until 1 November, they will count the six months as beginning on 1 October. So your time to activate the visa expires 1 April, exactly six months after the medical.

Activation doesn't require you to permanently relocate. You have up to 12 months after activation to tie up affairs at home before making the permanent move. We activated our visas in June of this year but won't be making the permanent move until January 2016 as I'm finishing work off, selling the house, letting the kidlets have a final Aussie summer. It would be June 2016 before we would be considered to have abandoned our permanent residency, should we not return.

They get that we might have loose ends to tie up.

However, as soon as you activate, you must comply with all requirements of a permanent resident, including declaring income, filing tax returns (albeit Australia and the US have a tax treaty that prevents us from being double taxed) etc. Even if you come back home, you are still considered a permanent resident of the US.

Ok, great - thanks so much! That's very helpful. If I was to be tying up loose ends etc, it will likely be a work contract in the UK for an extra six months after activation. Would I need to declare income from the UK? (I think that would involve double tax but this is something I can look into).

Husband and I are laying loose plans regarding work in the US. I will need to find work in the US however he has the possibility of continuing his current role as his Australian employer would like to set up a US base. However, he will continue to receive an income in AUD, from the Australian company. What implications might this have in terms of the conditions of a green card if we receive it post-interview? Does the primary applicant (husband) need to be working for an American company to make it valid? Presumably they are expecting US taxes to be paid, which would be paid via the Australian income & the income from role I have at an American company (whatever that may be).

As long as his residence is the US and not Australia, the USCIS won't care. There are a few of us who will still draw incomes from Australia, albeit living in the US while earning that income.

You will need to declare the income.

Husband and I are laying loose plans regarding work in the US. I will need to find work in the US however he has the possibility of continuing his current role as his Australian employer would like to set up a US base. However, he will continue to receive an income in AUD, from the Australian company. What implications might this have in terms of the conditions of a green card if we receive it post-interview? Does the primary applicant (husband) need to be working for an American company to make it valid? Presumably they are expecting US taxes to be paid, which would be paid via the Australian income & the income from role I have at an American company (whatever that may be).

Although - with the falling exchange rate, it would be better if he could be paid in USD.