• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

U know we will be flying frm africa to US. On occasions, the cheaper airlines we know of would have reduced their airfares further. I personally don't see Emirates ever becoming the cheapest of all airlines on any occasion. That would have been a miracle.

I also flew "from Africa" and emirates was cheapest from my country. Must have been a miracle ;)

I spent close to five hours there today. The process was somehow tiresome, perhaps due to the large number of applicants today...Many people as i saw it looked disappointed, meaning..well your guess is as good as mine.

Even before it got to my turn, 6 people "i think" were denied... You can imagine how i felt when it got to my turn..But thanks be to God I wasn't denied.

I spent about 2 mins or so with the CO ...let me try and copy what is becoming the custom here lol:
CO: Calls out my name
ME: My heart pounds heavily, i think the next person close to me could feel my heart beat.
ME: Hello
CO: Hi, sorry i couldn't pronounce your surname that well
ME: Not a problem at all, I knew i was the one you were calling
CO looks at me with a grin on her face
CO: What do you do?
ME: I'm a website developer
CO: Is that what you studied at the university?
ME: No, its just that i have a passion for it.
CO begins to look at her screen and clicks her mouse for a while( felt like an hour to me)
CO looks at me and says i have good news: I'm going to give you this sheet, report here next week tuesday for your VISA, but please do not make any travel arrangements till then...
ME: says thank you with a big smile on my face and starts walking...i feel all the eyes in the room looking at me
I leave and i collect my items, then send you guys a note..lol

Hope i've been descriptive enough? lol

I spent close to five hours there today. The process was somehow tiresome, perhaps due to the large number of applicants today...Many people as i saw it looked disappointed, meaning..well your guess is as good as mine.

Even before it got to my turn, 6 people "i think" were denied... You can imagine how i felt when it got to my turn..But thanks be to God I wasn't denied.

I spent about 2 mins or so with the CO ...let me try and copy what is becoming the custom here lol:
ME: My heart pounds heavily, i think the next person close to me could feel my heart beat.
CO begins to look at her screen and clicks her mouse for a while( felt like an hour to me)
CO looks at me and says i have good news: I'm going to give you this sheet, report here next week tuesday for your VISA, but please do not make any travel arrangements till then...
ME: says thank you with a big smile on my face and starts walking...i feel all the eyes in the room looking at me

nice one.did you hear the reasons for their denial? were they single applicants or with family?

Last edited:
Well for one family I saw, they said the lady who won didn't pass her WASSCE...but I think it must have been more than that cos this lady had a husband andwas nursing a baby but when she was asked if she was traveling alone, she said yes. I don't know if that also contributed though.

The was also one single applicant who was denied because he didn't pass his WASSCE.

But just to be clear, do people get denied their visas after the interview? Or is it just a formality that we should not make any travel arrangements yet?

Well for one family I saw, they said the lady who won didn't pass her WASSCE...but I think it must have been more than that cos this lady had a husband andwas nursing a baby but when she was asked if she was traveling alone, she said yes. I don't know if that also contributed though.

The was also one single applicant who was denied because he didn't pass his WASSCE.
wow, its like the day was for WASSCE exams:(

No, it is not a formality, and yes, a person could still end up being denied a visa even after being told you've been approved. Nothing is guaranteed until you see the actual visa on your passport.

Wow ok...praying for the very best for all of us waiting...

But just to be clear, do people get denied their visas after the interview? Or is it just a formality that we should not make any travel arrangements yet?

Yes it's possible,as they do further checks (to ensure the documents you presented are legitimate, etc). Sometimes they also realise something that means AP and there is a delay. You are almost certainly fine for normal issuance but just to be on the safe side, don't pay for any bookings yet!

Yes it's possible,as they do further checks (to ensure the documents you presented are legitimate, etc). Sometimes they also realise something that means AP and there is a delay. You are almost certainly fine for normal issuance but just to be on the safe side, don't pay for any bookings yet!

Oo ok... well noted. Hopefully everything's going to be alright.

I picked my visa pack today. we were 3 dv people. will leave this friday - i have nothing doing here.
about the fare, i checked emirate & air maroc, its almost the same - around Ghc 3200. both leaving on friday
How much is that in U.S. dollars @Thowa ? I called IOM today and think its fairly cheap. $860 to my destination by British Airways.

wow! Very short...congrats