• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hmmm. A little history lesson.

This gentleman is a Native American.

Native_american-2.jpg

However, Americans these days look more like this:-
4049472548_diversity_xlarge.jpeg

So - how will you fit in? Just fine. Obviously your accent and customs will give you away, as will wearing Kente cloth in the supermarket. However, if you try and integrate you will be absolutely fine - this is a nation of immigrants, after all....
Tnx brit.i know America is a nation of immigrants but I asked bcos of the "pervasive stereotyping' ...

[QU

OTE="Sm1smom, post: 2400877, member: 12"]What a relief that must be for you. Congratulations!!
Thanks, I put God first in this and he made it a success.[/QUOTE]
@ Sammyblankson, to be honest the CO's are very friendly. You just have to do your part by having everything in order which makes it easier for you. Before the CO handed me my visa ticket receipt she said " Ok now everything is in order so you will have to come on Thursday around this time and pick up your passport. Make things easier for them and it will be easier for you.
Congrat bro. I am so very happy to hear from a fellow Liberian on this forum pls help me invite more people to this forum so as to stop the So call agents in our country

I was a bit sadden by the release of the June vb given my cn 528xx was giving up honestly but to night, I an so happy after reading the few success post I pray that God will give me the opportunity to share my experience clearly as thowa had done for us members do this forum (no matter the outcome)

I was a bit sadden by the release of the June vb given my cn 528xx was giving up honestly but to night, I an so happy after reading the few success post I pray that God will give me the opportunity to share my experience clearly as thowa had done for us members do this forum (no matter the outcome)
why giving up bro! With or without dv, life must continue. your CN is not that high.

thanks for asking, my man. 15weeks and counting, still on th waiting list, ma case no still shows ready, looking at the fat number of applicants showing ready as thowa has posted on the forum am jst praying to hav the opportunity
Its well. Just be ready and keep checking your email

memers of this great forum I found out that visas were valid for six months from day of issue. .my visa expires 22nd October 2015 which obviously goes beyond the fiscal year.does it means that those about to receive their visas likely to have their visas expiring aroud December. however, i knew visa expiry used to count 6 months from the day of medicals.has anything changed?

:);):cool:
I woke up @4.00 am Wednesday morning (18 Feb 2015) and by 5am I had left the house. I boarded a car at around 5.32am and by 6.15am I was at the embassy. I joined a lot of people seated under trees and had to pay 1.00ghc for a seat (back in 2008 during my 1st interview, one had to stand till you are called, no seat lol). Good some folks in the area around the embassy have taken the opportunity to make some few cash, while relaxing the applicant by offering a chair hahaha. There was also a preacher to boost your spiritual antennae… We were then called @7.01am to form a queue, this time one long queue, no division into immigrants and non-immigrants. We were called in groups of 5, intermittently for inspection of our appointment letters (there were so many of us, couldn’t tell at this point how many DV applicants there were). I entered the security section and my phone was taken, my bag scanned, and was eventually allowed entry into the main hall. A lady collected my app. Letter and asked me to have a sit, I did. After sitting for a while, a Ghanaian lady at window 1 called all DV applicants, it was there that I realized that we were 6 DV applicants in all. She demanded for passport inspection and told us the requirements- originals 1st, photocopy 2nd , , visa fee ( the rate today is 3.6 ghc to 1 dollar US)etc. we then had a seat and boyyyy, the waiting begun! As we were waiting, I saw a lot of visa denials, not lottery though. Throughout my waiting period, about 4 were approved out of a huge chunk of people (cannot quantify). At around 11.00am we were called to deliver documents after payment (we had to wait for the cashier for a while), people were scrambling between ghc –dollar conversion, and little changes…it was interesting! I had the exact 330 dollars so no problem with me ( and had it checked by banks and forex bureaus for authenticity before the interview). Then we were called again for finger prints after which we waited for about 45 minutes more. After this time I was called to window 4 for the main interview but before that I took another biometric information. A nice quite elderly white lady interviewed me with a great smile… Another dv lady was called to window5 (where the famous bearded gentleman was lol. She was showed a big picture of a lady and was asked to identify the pic, whether it looked like her, she answered in the negative….i was then called so I didn’t know what happened to her afterwards) while the remaining 4 sat and waited to be called. I was the first to complete the interview, within 2 ½- 3 minutes, I was done!!

Now the details:

CO: good morning (smiling)

Me: gd morning how are u

CO: good

CO: Pls raise your right hand n swear… (I stopped her by saying I needed to correct my highest education completed on the ds260, but she said that will be later)

Me: I do

CO: Hav u applied for a US visa before?

Me: yes

CO: When?

Me: 2008
CO: which year did u complete wassce?

Me: sssce not wassce and then I answered

CO: Which school

Me : ans

CO: Which subjects were ur electives?

Me ans

CO: What do u do

Me ans

CO: Ooh u are a medical lab guy? Where do u work?

Me ans

CO: How long u been working there

Me ans (she then asked me abt what I wanted to correct on the ds260)

Me: I explained quickly within few seconds

CO: do u have any questions for me?

Me: no, just that u looking good (she smiled and said thank you)

CO: Congratulations I have approved ur visa, everything is fine with you

Me: thank u (smiling) she then wrote my name, date and time of visa collection on the “visa collection ticket” (bluish-green coloured paper)

CO: u would need this ticket to re-enter the embassy for ur visa. Pls do not make any travel arrangements blablabla.. (she then slided it under the window)

Me: thanks, have a great day

CO: thank u and enjoy ur stay in America.

Me: thanks

That’s what really happened people. Pls give straight-forward answers. That’s wat I did. No plenty talk.

In 2008, were you issued with the visa or you were denied?

memers of this great forum I found out that visas were valid for six months from day of issue. .my visa expires 22nd October 2015 which obviously goes beyond the fiscal year.does it means that those about to receive their visas likely to have their visas expiring aroud December. however, i knew visa expiry used to count 6 months from the day of medicals.has anything changed?
I think that, the visa validity has nothing to do with the fiscal year, you can travel anytime within the validity date which might go beyond the fiscal year. USA14 can confirm for us whether his visa 6months validity starts from the date of issue not the date of medicals. Maybe there is a change of style :).